Evander holyfield

HaHa.  Good on him, saw it the other night he ment to include Golden State Warriors in a tweet and tagged Wigan by accident.  Looks like he might of become a celebrity fan based on the response he got and the fact he's still tweeting about them! 

18 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

I get the initial mistake but to tweet today about the 3 lads signing new contracts is effing brilliant lol

Sounds like he's taken an interest following the response he got from his mistake!  Hope they can get him over for the next big final they get to - would be great publicity!

Initial exchange

1. Evander Holyfield Retweeted James Prunty

That's funny!

Evander Holyfield added,

James Prunty @jamesprunty89
    This is the biggest thing to happen to Rugby League since Bradley Wiggins first went a game. https://twitter.com/holyfield/status/863855126980829

Evander Holyfield Retweeted Stu M

Big hands. Small buttons.

Evander Holyfield added,

Stu M @uggy7
    Replying to @holyfield @garethwalker @WiganWarriorsRL
    I think he's got them mixed up with the Warriors in Basketball to be fair

Evander Holyfield Retweeted Wigan Warriors  ? ⚪️

Evander Holyfield added,

Wigan Warriors  ? ⚪️Verified account @WiganWarriorsRL
    We concur @holyfield ? Good luck to @warriors too... https://twitter.com/holyfield/status/863855126980829185 

Evander Holyfield Retweeted Adrian Booth

That's exactly right, @warriors.

Evander Holyfield added,

Adrian Booth @Mr_Adrian_Booth
    Replying to @holyfield @WiganWarriorsRL
    Ha think he means Basketball's Golden State Warriors!!! @NBA @Warriors

#playoffs2017 this is a battle. But if any team can make a come back it's the @WiganWarriorsRL

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

1. It's like I said, if any team can make a come back...it's the @warriors.....or the @WiganWarriorsRL!!!

Evander Holyfield Retweeted Oi

Now I'll be following both

I know I tweeted @wiganwarriorsrl in error on Sunday but this is no mistake. L Farrell, J Tomkins & T Tautai have all signed new contracts!

I like the good-natured way he reacted to his mistake being picked up.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Love it. If any boxer was a true warrior it was evander Holyfield. The Holyfield v Bowe trilogy was epic. Just wish he could have mistweeted about saints rather than Wigan. Got to get him at a game the next time he's in the UK on a speaking tour.

7 hours ago, walter sobchak said:

Love it. If any boxer was a true warrior it was evander Holyfield. The Holyfield v Bowe trilogy was epic. Just wish he could have mistweeted about saints rather than Wigan. Got to get him at a game the next time he's in the UK on a speaking tour.

He was superb as a Cruiserweight too, and really helped define and establish what was then a new division.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, Sco77 said:

The one eared warrior, 

Pardon?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Cherry and White said:

Tyson bit his ear.

Pardon?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

So Evander Hoyfield tweeing Wigan signings is the real deal....

I think that's my coat there..

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I met Evander in Sheffield a few years ago when he was selling his book.I bought a copy but was the only one with an old phone who couldn't have my picture taken with Evander.I just shook his hand and told him how well he looked.Surprised at his small size i am 6ft and at the time weighed 15st and he looked small in stature besides me.Very nice man who never took a backward step against Mike Tyson another of my heroes.Only drawback was Evander didn't sign the books himself we received a post it with his signature on to stick inside.

4 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I met Evander in Sheffield a few years ago when he was selling his book.I bought a copy but was the only one with an old phone who couldn't have my picture taken with Evander.I just shook his hand and told him how well he looked.Surprised at his small size i am 6ft and at the time weighed 15st and he looked small in stature besides me.Very nice man who never took a backward step against Mike Tyson another of my heroes.Only drawback was Evander didn't sign the books himself we received a post it with his signature on to stick inside.

He made his name as a Cruiserweight, so was never one of the really big Heavyweights when he moved up to that division. Some of his contemporaries (Bowe, Lewis) fought at Super Heavyweight when they were amateurs, so they really were giants.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived