Town V Doncaster predictions

town4me

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

I think I'm allowed to decide what, when and where I spend my own money on, and the likes of you aren't going to tell me otherwise. There were players out there who's attitude was a disgrace, barely even trying at times. The only embarrassing thing is you telling there how they should feel.

Rubbish, played the game practically with 15 men after the coach decided to take Mewse off , battled all the way,made mistakes and lost on the hooter.......come on then whose attitude is a disgrace....name them. I didn't see anything that would warrant a disgrace. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brett Phillips and howarth might as well played with slippers on. Absolutely no organisation, so many plays breaking down, players standing around as another took quick plays, ridiculous dropped balls, moronic penalties, especially callums late one, what was he thinking? When was the last time we saw a game  a out, when did we take advantage of 12 men. Ifyouhappy with that display then keep paying your £15 and smiling. Me, I've had enough. Which is opinion I'm entitled to after more than 35 years following this club.

I don't go on effort or attitude , but on how we are are playing the game we've ran out of excuses . The numb way we play and deficiencies we repeat again and again are unbelievable . Not luck or anything other than poor performances in to many areas from to many players when it happens over and over . We've beat no one of any note , and any team with any competent level of ability and organisation turns us over . It's not been anywhere near acceptable this year and  you have to take any criticism , anger or negativity on the chin because of it 

Never said I'm happy with it, just we come out on the wrong end of a few bad decisions by us but we are where and just can't get me head round why you just decide I've had enough. Nobody has hammered us and we.could easily be sitting here talking about 1 defeat to barrow and on 16pts! But we're not and were sitting on 8......there's nobody to fear and we are competitive and who would have said that at the start of the season .Come.on Townies,stay with the team and players it's there for you just grasp it. 

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about the need to get some props . I posted on here that if we didn t and Stevie Scholey got injured we would be in trouble .Well what happens now after todays display ? We have lost to a team who never made a clean break all afternoon .We made break after break and either lacked pace , didn t back up or were hauled down by Doncasters excellent scrambling defence .We let a try in when they were down to 12 men .At the end we turned a penalty down in front of the sticks and knocked on first tackle after the tap .If we are not careful we could end up in the bottom 8 , with crowds down to about 300 and having to pay out winning pay ( most of the time anyway) when the league splits .The alarm bells are ringing loud and clear . We all knew this was going to be a hard year of re-building , but did we really expect to be in this position , i don t think so .Unlike some i will still attend every home game as i think the Team are trying their best , but lack game management , at the moment this is as good as we are , but we need to learn fast , the time for excuses has past . 

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

It's very difficult to maintain any interest at all . We are in a twilight zone league and are going through the motions now for the rest of this season

I don't get the Twilight Zone League attitude.

We have champagne club Toronto in our league. They got just under 7000 at home to see Coventry yesterday and it sounds like Coventry put up a very credible performance. 

I've been impressed by the brand of Rugby the newer clubs like All Golds, Ironmen and Coventry are attempting to play. Sure they're not up to speed yet with the seasoned semi-pro teams but if they keep that style and gain the experience, so the plays they're attempting come off, then watch out the has beens of the Rugby League world! 

I'm intending to be down at Derwent Park for the Toronto match later this month. I'm not expecting to win but I am expecting us to put up a fight like we did against Leigh and some of the bigger teams last year. 

I've already booked the Hotel for the Coventry away match. Currently meeting up with around 4 people who I don't think have ever watched Rugby League before (one has played Union though). Looking forward to seeing some good Rugby on display. After this weekends results I just hope Town win. 

Resisted posting after today till now. I must have been at a different game to some. Phil Joseph was very very average at best, goes sideways everything he has the ball. He is a prop everyday of the week. But if talk is to believed insists on playing 2nd row. 

Same with howarth insisting on playing 9. Forcing callum to play at 13 in the 2nd half! What's all that about. Brett P had a good 1st half. But was never given the ball in the 2nd.

Mewse was brought off correctly I thought. To cost 12points so early in the game, we could little afford for it to happen again. 

Doran had a decent game today and Rooke impressed me also. I'm optimistic about maudling too. 

If Scholey has broke his thumb and coward isn't back soon also. We may be going cap in hand to wigan.

4 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Resisted posting after today till now. I must have been at a different game to some. Phil Joseph was very very average at best, goes sideways everything he has the ball. He is a prop everyday of the week. But if talk is to believed insists on playing 2nd row. 

Same with howarth insisting on playing 9. Forcing callum to play at 13 in the 2nd half! What's all that about. Brett P had a good 1st half. But was never given the ball in the 2nd.

Mewse was brought off correctly I thought. To cost 12points so early in the game, we could little afford for it to happen again. 

Doran had a decent game today and Rooke impressed me also. I'm optimistic about maudling too. 

If Scholey has broke his thumb and coward isn't back soon also. We may be going cap in hand to wigan.

Agree with you . Callum made a difference scooting away and him and Doran looked  likely in the middle , then suddenly Callum was nullified and he was taking hit ups and getting smashed 

2 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Forber , callum , joseph , scholey while on and doran all tried today to be fair 

where were hambley and fell ? two players who would have improved the backs .and this is where we lost it today .

Scholey while on? He lasted five minutes 

We had inexperience in the team no prop forwards to make in roads and the early two tries cost us dear. Hambley failed cog fell was in the wigan game day squad and unavailable but last week we didn't need him 

Reading this forum has become a depressing experience we really are in danger of becoming a fickle bunch we knew what this season would be about a learning curve so let's back the lads who remained loyal in hard times when many others walked away and they also could have and the inexperienced lads who want to play for the shirt 

It'll come right let's keep a sense of perspective 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

1 hour ago, Ginock1 said:

Hambley failed concussion test....don't know why fell didn't play but we had Scott Rooke and he played well. So don't go saying we need to develop and then ask where Fell is...... unbelievable. 

? for sure we do need to develop , I asked where fell was because i hadnt heard he was injured and playing a top 4 team i'd rather have seen fell on the sheet for obvious reasons he had began to steady the fullback place and scored a brace last time out , surely you understand this honest question ? yes rooke had his opportunity today and although playing well in periods their 3rd try was preventable and he dropped 4 balls I think ? so a decent showing but 2 pts against a top 4 team has gone begging and it was not only because of the hooter .

50 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Firstly welcome back Keith T, hope you are fighting fit again.

Well I'm as gutted as anyone that we threw that one away. But I'm going against the grain here and I didn't hear Clarkeys comments but I thought we were by far the better team even though we had no props left again at the end. We really can't buy any luck can we? Our bench was 2 down after 15 mins. If Stevie has broken his thumb we are up the creek as PJ looked injured at the end too ( my MOM btw) there's not much money floating about or we would have strengthened before now.

I thought it on balance was right to pull Mewse, he got nowhere near that second bomb and it highlights why he was being eased in slowly despite the clamour on here for him. It is hard on him either way but he would have been crucified by the Donny kicker. There is plenty of time for him yet.

As for the game, we gifted it to Donny with our mistakes. With a good set of props to rotate I think we would match most teams if we can learn not to panic and force passes. There is definitely potential there but it just needs controlled. I can't see why Howarth is playing hooker as he seemed far more effective directing behind the ptb.  It is frustrating watching but this was always going to be a season for building on.

The bits that frustrated me most were why we weren't taking the 2 points on offer throughout the game and why we were tapping pens in the first half instead of kicking to touch with a big wind behind us. I get why we tried to run the clock down on the last pen as that made sense to me.

A frustrating afternoon but I don't think it was a lack of effort by the lads but more a lack of nous and game management.  I'll still be down as the lads and the club need us more than ever now. UTT! 

I think you must have hijacked Westizbest's stache if that's how you see the future of this club. Where are we going to get a bunch of props to rotate? We struggle to put a pack out and if Stevie doesn't play and Tom Curwen is out then we simply don't compete up front .As for your endorsement of running the clock down when we got the late penalty--- Buffer could have taken his alloted time teeing it up , chalked up the 2 points and got the ball back for the last 4 minutes. If this is building for the future then we must be doing it on crowd projections of 300 judging by the level of disaffection apparent on here from dyed in the wool supporters. Pulling Keiran Mewse so prematurely was an exercise in poor man management from a coach with a threadbare squad. It costs me £35+ to travel and watch Town but after decades of making the pilgrimage even I am starting to question my own commitment.

1 hour ago, Ginock1 said:

Predictable response & an embarrassing one for you, mistakes were made by kids... Mewse.......& On the other end of the scale a seasoned pro by Joseph who played very well otherwise. Let's just get past this " I'm never going again attitude,"

it's a joke, 

I talked to every director today and they were on the haunches ,every one of them, thoroughly dejected, putting a day job in plus doing 20 + hours in for you to say I'm ever going again, we played patchy and were within 1 minute from winning against theteam 4 the in the league, get a grip ffs.

You can't  blame fans for being frustrated after today. I think people saying they won't be  back  is just frustration. Maybe if some players put as much effort in  as the directors do we would be winning the arm wrestles we constantly come out of 2nd best. Losing you can take but gifting a team the win thats another matter.

14 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Scholey while on? He lasted five minutes 

We had inexperience in the team no prop forwards to make in roads and the early two tries cost us dear. Hambley failed cog fell was in the wigan game day squad and unavailable but last week we didn't need him 

Reading this forum has become a depressing experience we really are in danger of becoming a fickle bunch we knew what this season would be about a learning curve so let's back the lads who remained loyal in hard times when many others walked away and they also could have and the inexperienced lads who want to play for the shirt 

It'll come right let's keep a sense of perspective 

I had only inquired where two good performers were , I made no real harsh criticism on the team as a whole and infact my thoughts at the end of the game was that the better team had some how lost today .

35 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

? for sure we do need to develop , I asked where fell was because i hadnt heard he was injured and playing a top 4 team i'd rather have seen fell on the sheet for obvious reasons he had began to steady the fullback place and scored a brace last time out , surely you understand this honest question ? yes rooke had his opportunity today and although playing well in periods their 3rd try was preventable and he dropped 4 balls I think ? so a decent showing but 2 pts against a top 4 team has gone begging and it was not only because of the hooter .

Fell isn't injured he was in the Wigan squad. Joe Hambley failed the concussion assessment so wasn't available. Neither Fell nor Shelford have been retained by Wigan for next season which hardly fires them up to proving their worth while on loan with a view to catching Wane's eye. 

42 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I think you must have hijacked Westizbest's stache if that's how you see the future of this club. Where are we going to get a bunch of props to rotate? We struggle to put a pack out and if Stevie doesn't play and Tom Curwen is out then we simply don't compete up front .As for your endorsement of running the clock down when we got the late penalty--- Buffer could have taken his alloted time teeing it up , chalked up the 2 points and got the ball back for the last 4 minutes. If this is building for the future then we must be doing it on crowd projections of 300 judging by the level of disaffection apparent on here from dyed in the wool supporters. Pulling Keiran Mewse so prematurely was an exercise in poor man management from a coach with a threadbare squad. It costs me £35+ to travel and watch Town but after decades of making the pilgrimage even I am starting to question my own commitment.

So I'm on drugs now because I have a different opinion than you???? Forgive me I thought this was a forum.

Where have I speculated about the future of the club? 

The point I was trying to make was that we need props but can't afford them. But you are correct we simply can't compete up front.

Again it was my opinion that they did the correct thing taking the tap. It takes around a minute to play a set of 6 out and who is to say they wouldn't have got the ball back from the kick off anyway. If it makes you happy, I'm wrong and they should have took the two.

Yes Keiran is the victim of awful man management, this kid should have been thrown in at the deep end. Even some of his family are wrong who thought he maybe wasn't quite ready for this level just yet.

Try spending your £35 on some weed man, you won't give a monkey's who wins. But at least you'll love everyone for a change!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

The comments on here would have been different if we'd held on but we didn't. Yet again we've thrown away a game we should've won, it's frustrating but can you honestly give up on them. The directors put a shift in and the players and coaching team train hard for little return..all we have to do is turn up on a Sunday. We need forwards yes but mistakes cost us today. 

Tee had a shocker like Kieran at Swinton last year and he's done ok since , JP had a good word with him and the others will lift his confidence and he'll be ok. 

43 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

So I'm on drugs now because I have a different opinion than you???? Forgive me I thought this was a forum.

Where have I speculated about the future of the club? 

The point I was trying to make was that we need props but can't afford them. But you are correct we simply can't compete up front.

Again it was my opinion that they did the correct thing taking the tap. It takes around a minute to play a set of 6 out and who is to say they wouldn't have got the ball back from the kick off anyway. If it makes you happy, I'm wrong and they should have took the two.

Yes Keiran is the victim of awful man management, this kid should have been thrown in at the deep end. Even some of his family are wrong who thought he maybe wasn't quite ready for this level just yet.

Try spending your £35 on some weed man, you won't give a monkey's who wins. But at least you'll love everyone for a change!

You really don't do satire do you mate ? Westizbest "predicted" a Town win by 50+ points which is why I jokingly asked what he was partaking of to lead him to such a forecast. For the record Mewse was thrown in at the deep end at the wreck earlier in the season and he came through with flying colours. For my £35 I get to travel a 90 mile round trip - entrance through the hallowed portals plus a programme and a half time draw ticket. On today's performance I might have got better value from your suggested recreation. Unfortunately I am old school and eschew such herbal remedies. I am truly repentant if my comments have induced a mascara meltdown. ?

well The Voodooguru, the first thing a coach does in a situation like that would be to try and build the lads confidence whilst on the pitch, get a message out to the lad telling him, just to ignore what's gone on and start afresh, , make sure he has support from his mates on the field, but never ever drag him off, anyone good coach or  seasoned player will tell you that, its not rocket science.

Satire???? That's the funniest thing you've ever posted............

Don't give up on the lads or the coach just yet Sandy, we have been in much bigger holes than this.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Frankly it was awful , and for the most part has been all season .  I could put up with gradual improvement however small week on week but not this . We were laughing at them down the road with their pre season results but they are on an upward curve and if the unlikely happens and they get promoted  which is far more of a possibility than it was a few months ago , our best may well bail. Everyone can see we need bulk up front to compete .   Depressed .....too right i am .

4 minutes ago, BIG MAC said:

well The Voodooguru, the first thing a coach does in a situation like that would be to try and build the lads confidence whilst on the pitch, get a message out to the lad telling him, just to ignore what's gone on and start afresh, , make sure he has support from his mates on the field, but never ever drag him off, anyone good coach or  seasoned player will tell you that, its not rocket science.

So nobody that's had a mare has been subbed before by a "good coach"? What would I know eh BIG MAC as I've never played the game before obviously. At the end of the day it's a judgement call. Nobody can say for definite if it was the right call or not. If he'd been left on he might have dropped another 5, then again he might have won the game for us.

Archived