Halifax

clifford

This Sunday, I urge all supporters of both teams to get to the fold £15 to stand is excellent value 

Your sprogs are £3 I think 

An excellent surface , pitch improvement work has been amazing 

Great fathers day present for old and young dads. Apart from the dads whose children who have birthdays on 18.06.17

Come on Oldham, we believe 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fax will be confident of a result after blowing away the Eagles but so will our lads after a fine performance v KR.

No reason with the right workrate and players coming back in that we can't get a result. Our defence will be crucial and we will have to be aware of not giving kickable penalties away as Tyrer doesn't miss many with the boot.

Come on Oldham

bang on jr could not of put it better myself reading the Dewsbury forum they seem to be having the same problems with the refs as us. we don't want the ref to make the same lets say   mistakes as Campbell made on last sunday.  

Some contententious decisions hurt us when we had them on the ropes. We have to cut out the stupid errors, cost us dearly that. 

I hate being too negative on here but we need an experienced head to guide us at scrum half. 

Wardy, Tyson, lippy, spanner all worked very hard.. 

Silly mistakes, crappy refereeing cost us.Cant fault the effort though. In these temperatures it must have been torture. I wanted to thump the ref and linesmen, the amount of forward passes they got away with was disgusting, no wonder people are getting fed up.The performance was still miles better than a few weeks ago.

first halve 11 times in their 25 we only completed 1 set of six.

2nd halve could not remember how many knockons stupid passes we did.

whe gave them this game they didn't win it we need a scrum halve urgently if we are going to  save our selves.

27 minutes ago, tandle said:

first halve 11 times in their 25 we only completed 1 set of six.

2nd halve could not remember how many knockons stupid passes we did.

whe gave them this game they didn't win it we need a scrum halve urgently if we are going to  save our selves.

Spot on that tandle. 

Well, at 12-0 down at HT I feared the worst, huge amounts of possession but no points. Second half.... we pulled it around and looked to be in control of the game,shakily I admit,but our distribution from dummy half,scrum half was terrible today. The ref gave them everything but refs don't knock on,make poor decisions and miss tackles. That game was there for us today and we blew it. Lippy should have gone off when he was injured instead of trying to run it off. Hope it's not a season ender for him. We are seriously down to the bare bones now, I don't think with our own players we can put a backline out for Wednesday! Dewsbury is now a massive game for both clubs, there were some positives today but also a lot of dumb rugby. We go again Wednesday in a must win game imho, lose that and the writing is on the wall. Get behind the lads on Wednesday,they need the fans more than ever (the support was brilliant today,didn't hear a peep from Fax fans). 

It's tough but stay positive folks. Up the Yeds!

when you have a halve back combination which ever position leatherbarrow or Hewitt play and stand 20 yards apart at a scrum, either player was catching the ball on his boot laces and some times it bounced before it reached him and sometimes knocking on that is the major problem. until you sort this out because all teams know our weakness at halve back.  very simple scot if we cant sign a scrum halve just make them stand closer together and let them catch the ball stood up and facing the opposition.

Archived