30 Jun: SL: Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 8pm (TV)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dkw said:

He seemed more concerned in trying to "win" penalties for some reason, rather than just getting on with his game, which he doesn't usually do. It was very odd.

I'd like to think he was just playing poorly and when making a mistake just trying to blame someone else rather than actually intentionally setting out to drop the ball and win a penalty like some are suggesting

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Reading some of the comments the win seems to be purely down to Hull errors. mmmmm I would guess most try's can be identified as coming from opposition errors - key is how you deal with errors that all teams make.

1 hour ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Wow - what a thread this is. Anybody would think Hull won - been a while since we had a Hull love-in

Shurrup you miserable bleeder, I called your lot a "champion side", what more do you want?

And Chuffs is perfectly correct, you are the new Wigan* and, as so, deserve to be treated like it.

(*Difference is, we never used to beat Wigan. :whistle:)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 6/28/2017 at 0:52 PM, snapski said:

Will be close. Will be watching from Portugal. Hopefully get the monkey off our backs. Cas 23-20

Jeez, you were miles out, especially with that dg flapper from Gale.

19 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Reading some of the comments the win seems to be purely down to Hull errors. mmmmm I would guess most try's can be identified as coming from opposition errors - key is how you deal with errors that all teams make.

Difference is most tries tend to come from defensive errors, not attacking ones.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

16 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Yes thats a fair comment. Although two of the errors in question were impossible to deal with. Its not like we made an error and then had to defend our line, in both cases we just pretty much said heres the ball, the lines that way. Ateotd what pleased me was that after all the bullish comments from Cas about not being able to play that badly again and some fans predicting a rout, they didnt create a thing. We never looked threatened by anything they did. We just shot ourselves in the foot. So despite the loss I'm more confident now about the playoffs than I was before the game.

11 hours ago, Gates1 said:

You been on the Babycham again?

No it has to be cherry b. Even a die hard tiger has to admit Hull had a perfectly good try chalked off.

43 minutes ago, MZH said:

Yes thats a fair comment. Although two of the errors in question were impossible to deal with. Its not like we made an error and then had to defend our line, in both cases we just pretty much said heres the ball, the lines that way. Ateotd what pleased me was that after all the bullish comments from Cas about not being able to play that badly again and some fans predicting a rout, they didnt create a thing. We never looked threatened by anything they did. We just shot ourselves in the foot. So despite the loss I'm more confident now about the playoffs than I was before the game.

Yet we still beat you and all 'm Reading is how superb Hull are.

Seriously you can't make this up

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Thought it was a pretty poor game to be honest, aided by a pretty poor referee, who seemed to just guess, which seems to be the way he does things.

Thought Hull were hard done to on the no try and a couple of other decisions, but Cas did enough to win, just, it wasn't the entertaining, raucous, ear bleeding atmosphere that was supposed to be, but it was decent enough stuff.

1 hour ago, westhuller said:

You cannot give Cas a lead like that and expect to win but another 5 mins who knows. 

People mentioning on twitter about footage from last nights game of Gale stamping on Conners ankle haven't watched it back yet.

The footage looks like it was rather synical. If it had been the other way around I dare not say how big the "yelp" would have been. The game is tough enough we don't need it; in fact as a player I'd be embarrassed to have done that, and I'd expect my team mates to rip me for it too.

Not sure what's got into some cas fans this year, some of them seem to be very stroppy and defensive if there's even a slight criticism of them, and they seem to want everyone to lavish praise on them every week, the above post a good example of that, despite the fact that they haven't won anything yet, some of them are acting like they have swept the board in the last 2/3 years.

Leave the arrogance to the Loiners and the Pies cas fans it doesn't suit you guys :)

5 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Yet we still beat you and all 'm Reading is how superb Hull are.

Seriously you can't make this up

Bury your head in the sand and keep telling us how great the flat track bullies are if you want. I'll be confident when the time comes.

5 minutes ago, MZH said:

Bury your head in the sand and keep telling us how great the flat track bullies are if you want. I'll be confident when the time comes.

If i could understand that i'd reply to it!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

13 minutes ago, meast said:

Not sure what's got into some cas fans this year, some of them seem to be very stroppy and defensive if there's even a slight criticism of them, and they seem to want everyone to lavish praise on them every week, the above post a good example of that, despite the fact that they haven't won anything yet, some of them are acting like they have swept the board in the last 2/3 years.

Leave the arrogance to the Loiners and the Pies cas fans it doesn't suit you guys :)

Christ on a bike. I made a point about this thread being a serious love in for Hull despite the fact they lost and are 9 points behind us.

I'm personally just enjoying the ride and over the moon at the jealousy of some fans

We've won nowt this season, but then again, who hasn't 

1 minute ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Christ on a bike. I made a point about this thread being a serious love in for Hull despite the fact they lost and are 9 points behind us.

I'm personally just enjoying the ride and over the moon at the jealousy of some fans

We've won nowt this season, but then again, who hasn't 

I wasn't referring to you in particular, just used your post as an example.

And you've just given me another one by claiming that other fans are jealous of Cas, i don't know of anyone who is jealous of Cas, i know lots of people who are pleased for Cas and enjoy watching them, but as i said, leave the arrogance out.

Enjoy the ride, but stop being so stuck up and arrogant about being top of the league without any guarantee of success

As a Cas fan obviously happy with the win.

Hull do look a strong team TBF and will take some beating when it matters.

Having said that, if I was a Hull fan, I'd be concerned about how easy Cas were controlling the game till it was too late. Truth be known Hull never looked as though they were going to win.

All in my unbiased opinion of course. ???

3 minutes ago, Davc1h said:

As a Cas fan obviously happy with the win.

Hull do look a strong team TBF and will take some beating when it matters.

Having said that, if I was a Hull fan, I'd be concerned about how easy Cas were controlling the game till it was too late. Truth be known Hull never looked as though they were going to win.

All in my unbiased opinion of course. ???

:ohmy: :blink:

Do I detect the formation of the CDL?

:wacko:

Cas aren't top out of luck, well coached with quality players my only concern for me would be how when it matters they deal with injuries, if they lose Gale and a couple of there pack I don't think they have strength in depth to sustain there superb season already. 

3 minutes ago, westhuller said:

Cas aren't top out of luck, well coached with quality players my only concern for me would be how when it matters they deal with injuries, if they lose Gale and a couple of there pack I don't think they have strength in depth to sustain there superb season already. 

Gale and Hardaker are the big season derailing  injury worries for me.

Pack wise we are missing Moors, Cook, Olli Holmes and until recently have been without Patrick and Springer.  Still been managing to etch out results (although Moors can't come back soon enough for me).

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

No it has to be cherry b. Even a die hard tiger has to admit Hull had a perfectly good try chalked off.

Thought it was a tough decisions for the ref and could have been called either way.  I was at the ground and stood from the side directly in line with it, my first thoughts were knock on.  Watching it back it appeared much closer than it did from my initial view, extremely borderline!

To be honest though I thought Hull benefited from how Kendall managed the play the ball at times and things like the Thomson shoulder charge.  All in all both sets of fans could have a gripe if pressed.

Refs have a tough job.  I do think Kendall is probably the less capable of them though.  Too much guess work and naivity. 

30 minutes ago, westhuller said:

Have to agree with this, Gale, Hardaker, Roberts injuries would finish us.

Having said that, how would Hull go without Shaul(quality BTW), Kelly, Connor?

Archived