DISCIPLINE ?

ornit4ever

Just ignore any reports  on today's game against Batley that the referee played a big part in the result of the game and how bad he was and all the mistakes that he made. Forget about all the important results that went in our favour. Hornets played some lovely flowing and quick rugby league and this together with their willingness to defend against a bigger and stronger Batley, a team that has played in this division far longer that us and knows how to win games. However our dreadful discipline once again let us down in bucket loads playing against a very physical opposition. This together with a serious lack of an out and out goal kicker and the result was inevitable. It's to be hoped that both of these failing don't end up with us falling through the trap door.

On another note, I noticed the ball boy that was on the main stand touchline, was removed to the other touchline at the request of the match commissioner. It was quite apparent that a certain super league referee, who happens to support Batley, had this young boy removed.

At a time when rugby league support is dwindling and not many young people are attending games,  together with a recent plea from the club asking for volunteers, this needless and petty nitpicking was  not in the spirit of the game and one wonders how, through incidents like this,our game will survive without the influx of new, youthful support.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

Good to hear that some good rugby was played at times.  I just hope that this latest poor discipline (13 penalties) issue does not cost us dearly.  Depending on the issues and the hearing date we could conceivably be without 3 key players for the vital Oldham game and that's without any injury issues arising from today.  We are certainly missing the kicking consistency of a ginger general!

On the Batley forum negative comments about Hornets are rife and which do the Club no favours (true or not).

Next week we need other results to go our way again and then a win v Oldham. That's all! 

1 hour ago, ornit4ever said:

Just ignore any reports  on today's game against Batley that the referee played a big part in the result of the game and how bad he was and all the mistakes that he made. Forget about all the important results that went in our favour. Hornets played some lovely flowing and quick rugby league and this together with their willingness to defend against a bigger and stronger Batley, a team that has played in this division far longer that us and knows how to win games. However our dreadful discipline once again let us down in bucket loads playing against a very physical opposition. This together with a serious lack of an out and out goal kicker and the result was inevitable. It's to be hoped that both of these failing don't end up with us falling through the trap door.

On another note, I noticed the ball boy that was on the main stand touchline, was removed to the other touchline at the request of the match commissioner. It was quite apparent that a certain super league referee, who happens to support Batley, had this young boy removed.

At a time when rugby league support is dwindling and not many young people are attending games,  together with a recent plea from the club asking for volunteers, this needless and petty nitpicking was  not in the spirit of the game and one wonders how, through incidents like this,our game will survive without the influx of new, youthful support.

That was very petty youre right.

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Good to hear that some good rugby was played at times.  I just hope that this latest poor discipline (13 penalties) issue does not cost us dearly.  Depending on the issues and the hearing date we could conceivably be without 3 key players for the vital Oldham game and that's without any injury issues arising from today.  We are certainly missing the kicking consistency of a ginger general!

On the Batley forum negative comments about Hornets are rife and which do the Club no favours (true or not).

Next week we need other results to go our way again and then a win v Oldham. That's all!

Very true they like to exaggerate, apparently we are bullies, violent ,intimidating and we need to go down bad for the sport.

I think the Oldham and swinton  games are very winnable but we can't keep looking for results to go are way.

3 hours ago, ornit4ever said:

It was quite apparent that a certain super league referee, who happens to support Batley, had this young boy removed.

At a time when rugby league  one wonders how, through incidents like this,our game will survive without the influx of new, youthful support.

Firstly Mr H was with his family which includes his young son. And your youth development will fit right in with your team ethics!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 hours ago, ornit4ever said:

Couldn't attend the game so won't comment about it. But having read the above comment about attracting young people can someone explain why , when one of my friends turned up with his 5yr old and their junior Bulldogs season ticket, was refused free entry .This season any child can enter away games FOC with said season ticket. They had to pay when it's an initiative this year to ATTRACT young supporters.  Have to say that's not helping is it.??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

12 hours ago, glemiln said:

I can understand bad losers, but bad winners ? I just don't get that. There must be something in the water over there.

17 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Firstly Mr H was with his family which includes his young son. And your youth development will fit right in with your team ethics!

What significance does Mr. H having his family with him make?

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

I believe that the problem with your team is more fundamental - they are patently unfit and need to slow the game down excessively to try to cover that fact.

Last week at Dewsbury your corpulent forwards were exposed time and again. When a prop ran at them they were equal to the task and tackled hard, the second time they tackled less hard, by the third they were blowing bubbles and fell away. This simply isn't good enough and exposed your back line time and again.

To blame outside factors is simply to be in denial. Fitness is a basic requirement of modern RL; without it there is no hiding place.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

What significance does Mr. H having his family with him make?

Just suppose Mr Hewer had intervened and asked the officials to relocate the ball boy due to the abuse some fans are saying was occurring, would it still be a point with which to continue this rediculously blinkered view of the impartiality of match officials?

1 hour ago, Northern Eel said:

Just suppose Mr Hewer had intervened and asked the officials to relocate the ball boy due to the abuse some fans are saying was occurring, would it still be a point with which to continue this rediculously blinkered view of the impartiality of match officials?

Be it Mr Hewer, Mr H or any other match official, the bottom line would still be the same...........THEY WERE NOT ON DUTY AND AS SUCH WOULD BE ABUSING THEIR POSITIONS.

Or maybe I'm wrong, any spectator can go to the touchline to register a complaint with the match commissioner??

5 minutes ago, ornit4ever said:

Be it Mr Hewer, Mr H or any other match official, the bottom line would still be the same...........THEY WERE NOT ON DUTY AND AS SUCH WOULD BE ABUSING THEIR POSITIONS.

Or maybe I'm wrong, any spectator can go to the touchline to register a complaint with the match commissioner??

So you'd prefer nothing was said and the boy left to suffer? OK.

You couldn't actually be more wring with your hypothesis. Whether on duty or not, anyone employed by the RFL has a duty to safeguard the wellbeing of every minor taking an official role in any game day. To let the abuse continue (especially if it was as bad and prolonged as some reports suggest), would have compromised his position. Do you disagree with that as well?

The abuse you say was bad enough for a RFL official to report it to the match commisioner. Are you or any other Batley supporter going to give the names of those adults shouting abuse, to your club so they can be banned or just going to ignore it and blame every one else.

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

11 minutes ago, boro hornet said:

The abuse you say was bad enough for a RFL official to report it to the match commisioner. Are you or any other Batley supporter going to give the names of those adults shouting abuse, to your club so they can be banned or just going to ignore it and blame every one else.

1. No I didn't say that, you just didn't bother reading my post carefully enough to make a response to what I have ACTUALLY said. You're the 2nd Rochdale fan to do that to me on this thread. If you took the time to read my posts, you will see that I am broadly supportive of many of the points being made by your own fans. If you want to carry on like a man possessed, do me a favour and pick someone else to misquote, not me.

2. Not personally, no. Had I been at the game, and been in the same stand, I would have assessed it for myself and come to a conclusion.

Sorry I can't help.

2 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

1. No I didn't say that, you just didn't bother reading my post carefully enough to make a response to what I have ACTUALLY said. You're the 2nd Rochdale fan to do that to me on this thread. If you took the time to read my posts, you will see that I am broadly supportive of many of the points being made by your own fans. If you want to carry on like a man possessed, do me a favour and pick someone else to misquote, not me.

2. Not personally, no. Had I been at the game, and been in the same stand, I would have assessed it for myself and come to a conclusion.

Sorry I can't help.

Using your theory then, as Mr. H was with his family, then he had a duty to also remove his children and particularly his vociferous wife and entourage elsewhere because of the abusive Batley fans.

As I was sat close to them all, and you did not even attend the game, then you have no idea of the situation as it happened. Nuff said

17 minutes ago, ornit4ever said:

Using your theory then, as Mr. H was with his family, then he had a duty to also remove his children and particularly his vociferous wife and entourage elsewhere because of the abusive Batley fans.

As I was sat close to them all, and you did not even attend the game, then you have no idea of the situation as it happened. Nuff said

No, it's not a theory, just a protocol. You just carry on miscomprehending.

Are you seriously suggesting that his child/children are employed by the RFL and present in a matchday capacity? That is the only way he would be duty bound to remove them. Keep up.

21 minutes ago, ornit4ever said:

And there we have it; 1st prize.

I came on this forum to seek information about the reports I heard. Then, in posted in support of Rochdale fans, then was hounded off the forum as a result with my viewpoint deemed irrelevant as I have 'no idea'. What other club's fans are saying about Rochdale fans seems increasingly difficult to ignore and until now, I'd not have had a clue. Thanks for clearing it up. Well done.

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's more like it. Winners should be grinners, not moaners.

Hi Tyrone. I didn't go but I was really pleased to get the win. I would like to see us win the Shield and the teams below us in the top 4 keep winning also. 

Best wishes for the rest of the season. You won the grand final last year in Toulouse which was a great achievement. I am hoping Batley can reach the final and play there in the Shield.

Archived