2018 Kits

New Kr

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

It's the only thing I can think of.

I'd take a stab at the deal being much less than the loss of revenue from shirt sales by not launching it at a key time. April 23rd would have been as good a date as any.

Set a date for release and stick to it: sponsor or no sponsor. If it hasn't got a sponsor, market it around that!

Most people would be happy without a sponsor I would have thought anyway?  Your probably right about the sponsor deal aswell. Its just ridiculous that I could get an WC shirt of dh gate delivered from china in a couple of weeks, but couldnt actualy get one from over here and still cant. Dont get me wrong, there are more pressing concerns for our sport i know, but they are missing a trick here.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is interesting about all this is that for a period of time, probably around 10 years ago, when we launched England RL as the main team, we did it pretty professionally. We had good high-profile kit launches, I recall one of them being at the Trafford Centre, and you could always get stuff, even at the likes of JJB Sports. You could even get mugs.

So the rank amatuer setup now must be because of one of two things:

1 - even when run professionally, with World Cups etc the financials just don't stack up and the demand aint there, meaning that things are unlikely to get better.

or

2 - the lack of regular fixtures, particularly at home, mean that partners, sponsors and fans just can't buy into it and invest in England RL. Therefore meaning the financials don't stack up.

I know which I believe to be true.

11 hours ago, Dave T said:

What is interesting about all this is that for a period of time, probably around 10 years ago, when we launched England RL as the main team, we did it pretty professionally. We had good high-profile kit launches, I recall one of them being at the Trafford Centre, and you could always get stuff, even at the likes of JJB Sports. You could even get mugs.

So the rank amatuer setup now must be because of one of two things:

1 - even when run professionally, with World Cups etc the financials just don't stack up and the demand aint there, meaning that things are unlikely to get better.

or

2 - the lack of regular fixtures, particularly at home, mean that partners, sponsors and fans just can't buy into it and invest in England RL. Therefore meaning the financials don't stack up.

I know which I believe to be true.

Agree with your points, but surley they can punt out a few stickers, keyrings, t shirts, MUGS etc...if your lower league/non league clubs can, there is really no excuse? Funnily enough I remember the last Lions tour, there was a sports shop in Maidstone(of all places) and they had loads of Lions stuff.

Has there ever been a snakeskin design before in RL?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Seen it now on Twitter. Hmmm. That was a two year deal announced in June 2016. Might be the dregs, as it were

yeah, haven't heard anything about a renewal, so maybe it is the last game under that contract. Would be good to get confirmation as part of the kit launch, as surely you need the sponsor lined up for when they go on public sale (a month after the Kiwi series this year :D )

33 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah I mean I don't want to get too excited but it looks like the god awful red cross has gone! No chevrons but that's a start 

https://twitter.com/England_RL/status/1006808460162420737

i like the red cross myself.. 

looks like we are probably looking at a white version of the refs kit with red "chevrons" down the sleeves. Wouldnt mind that too much.

Looks very simple from that video teaser. Which is no bad thing. Kind of expect mostly white with red details.

Would be pretty happy with all white jersey, red or tonal chevrons on shoulder/arms with some red detailing around the collar.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

It was more a joke on England barely playing.

I think they will bring out 4. This one which England will wear this year and 2020, a GB one for next year, an England 9s one, and one in 2021 for the World Cup.

Ah didn't think about GB and totally forgot about the 9s haha so yeah I'd go with that, 2 England kits, 1 GB and 1 9s

13 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Do they really expect to shift many shirts when there are very few opportunities to get any use out of them when supporting the England team?

you are aware you can wear the shirt at other times than just when watching the game. :ninja:

i do get your point though and agree about the general needing more internationals etc

Archived