2018 Kits

New Kr

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks decent. And some nice training wear to go with it. Sure the Hummel range will be popular with fans.

Good first effort from Hummel.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I've seen similar chevrons on the match officials' shoulders in the FIFA World Cup. I assume they are supplied by Hummel.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I've seen similar chevrons on the match officials' shoulders in the FIFA World Cup. I assume they are supplied by Hummel.

Think you may need to go to the sponsors of the RL match officials... no chevrons on the sleeves they are just plain shirts... would assume made by addidas but doesnt seem to have a logo on it..

photo of the officials wearing full kit in the VAR box... no chevrons here NINTCHDBPICT000413628278.jpg?w=960

A lot of the training wear product is basic Hummel apparel with England branding, but thats no bad thing, as it doesn't always have to be full of details to make it appealing.

Lets not forget that England RL as a brand isn't commercially very big, and making product in premium fabrics with certain prints/details etc costs. What we have here is a simple, classic looking collection, which i think the fans will really buy into.

The cotton tee's and polo's will sell well. As will the half-zip pullover. Its a sensible and positive start by England and Hummel.

(i wont mention the quality of imagery on the website.. oh, i just did.. sorry. Force of habit.)

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

16 minutes ago, RP London said:

Think you may need to go to the sponsors of the RL match officials... no chevrons on the sleeves they are just plain shirts... would assume made by addidas but doesnt seem to have a logo on it..

photo of the officials wearing full kit in the VAR box... no chevrons here 

I'm sure I saw a green match official's shirt with white chevrons down the shoulders. Maybe I was mistaken.

Just Googled, and Denmark have a red Hummel shirt.

202-501-3365_1024x1024.jpg?v=1526490982

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I'm sure I saw a green match official's shirt with white chevrons down the shoulders. Maybe I was mistaken.

Just Googled, and Denmark have a red Hummel shirt.

202-501-3365_1024x1024.jpg?v=1526490982

maybe a keepers shirt or one of the coaching/training kits standing next to an official during one of their matches.. 

the officials shirts look like just a tshirt as dont seem to have  a manufacturers label on them or anything.. so you may have seen 2 people standing next to each other and just assumed the person in the shirt with actual branding on it looked like the official.

2 hours ago, RP London said:

photo of the officials wearing full kit in the VAR box... no chevrons here NINTCHDBPICT000413628278.jpg?w=960

Don’t mention de Var.

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

25 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

Don’t mention de Var.

De Var? Does he play for Belgium?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice kit from Hummel, and the training wear looks good also.  I’d say it’s my second favourite behind the 2013 WC shirt which was fantastic.

Interesting the RFL seem to be doing their own leisure wear and accessories and Hummel the replica and training wear.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

New England shirt is definitely my favourite ever.  Simple is always better I think.  When you think of other England teams they all have basically plain white and it just looks smarter.  I wasn't particularly a fan of the red cross.  Dacia is obviously a lot bigger company than Kingstone Press and much more of a household name which just makes the England team seem more important and professional.

2 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Interesting the RFL seem to be doing their own leisure wear and accessories and Hummel the replica and training wear.

I wonder if the company who own the Hummel license for the UK have a hand in this, and as part of the deal with Hummel have produced a mono-branded range for England.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

8 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I wonder if the company who own the Hummel license for the UK have a hand in this, and as part of the deal with Hummel have produced a mono-branded range for England.

Maybe, altho it is very easy to order a range of clothing with your own branding on, Ive personally done it a few times and you can quite easily get labels, tags, bags, branding etc. sorted very easily - although the fact it has taken until now for it to launch suggests Hummel may have some role in it I guess.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

2 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Nice kit from Hummel, and the training wear looks good also.  I’d say it’s my second favourite behind the 2013 WC shirt which was fantastic.

Looks like it is a linked third party, announced as part of the original deal:

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/51677/rugby-football-league-and-hummel-announce-four-year-partnership

Chief Executive Officer at hummel, Allan Vad Nielsen, said: “We are thrilled along with our UK partners at the Elite Group to be entering into this exciting new partnership with England Rugby League and the Rugby Football League. "

http://elitegroup-uk.com/

Quite a lot of comments that 'it looks like a football shirt'. I'm honestly quite intrigued as what constitutes a jersey looking like a football shirt and not a rugby shirt.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just now, scotchy1 said:

Collars, things like Chevrons or irregular hoops.

Look at a kangaroos jersey and you know instantly that its a rugby jersey. Its something i think we miss out on and should create our 'look' around.

But as i say im not against it. Its a decent enough jersey just not to my personal preference.

I'd agree with this. 

AT the moment, if I'm honest, when I see a new England, I am more looking to be relieved that they haven't made a mess of it so that the whole game can be up in arms!

It's a nice shirt, and I really like some of the leisure wear. It's not the best England kit for me, but it looks professional and the players should look smart. 

Will be interesting to see what people think of the quality, the badge being printed on looked a bit cheap, I thought we had gone back towards embroidered detail tbh.

Oh ok, so its the simplicity of the jersey that makes you think of a Football shirt.

Though the collar on the new England jersey is very much a Rugby collar. Football jerseys over the last few years have all started to adopt collars associated with contemporary rugby jerseys, Nike especially, a rare reverse of Football being influenced by another sport and not the other way around.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

5 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Oh ok, so its the simplicity of the jersey that makes you think of a Football shirt.

Though the collar on the new England jersey is very much a Rugby collar. Football jerseys over the last few years have all started to adopt collars associated with contemporary rugby jerseys, Nike especially, a rare reverse of Football being influenced by another sport and not the other way around.

but then you look at a lot of football shirts and they are anything but simple the all have detail and designs across them, look at the world cup and there are plain shirts (like Englands yay!) and then there are those with bits of detail and then there is Nigeria!! 

I dont think the simplicity says its a football shirt, look at the England RU shirts.. most of the time they are plain white, this one has detailing on the sleeve, and with a round collar but is still quite distinctly the England RU shirt.. for me its because the badge stands out so well.. 

One of the things that stands out to me in this England range is that they've clearly looked at previous sales performance and worked out what sells best, and what is deemed a risk, hence why no replica shorts and socks, no training wear shorts and limits on colour options for tee's etc.

Its not the approach we would all like to see, but its the sensible one, and one driven by cost.

Sadly the England brand isn't commercially that big at the moment.

An old school rugby jersey with button up collar would have been a big seller in the leisurewear range, but would it have split sales with the new Hummel Jersey? possibly. If so, its better to just have the Hummel jersey.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived