100 Days That Shook Rugby League

Got my copy in quick time to Spain. Then again for seven quid postage........

My opinion.

First off it's a good looking book, stylish design and layout, nice cover, size and thickness. It just feels right.

The concept is good, 100 events in RL history.

They are well chosen and spread through the history of the game.

The text is quite short, just a couple of pages for most events, but that makes it good to dip in and out of, which I suppose is the idea.

I think I know a fair bit about the game, but there's lots here I didn't know, and the stuff I did is always good to read again.

So I'm glad I bought it and I recommend it.

• 1 month later...

I also got a copy as a Christmas present along with a copy of The Forbidden Game, which I have been meaning to read for years. Started reading a book just before Christmas so it will be a few days before I start it, but having a quick look at the chapters I am looking forward to it immensely. 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

On 12/28/2017 at 5:10 PM, Richard de la Riviere said:

Thanks guys. Hope you enjoy it! 

This book is excellent, one of those where your high hopes are borne out by what you get

I have been particularly moved by a couple of the tragic stories already. The one about the grave of Robert Seddon was terrific and is a lesson for ru fans who'll probably never read it!

I also loved the quote at the end of the split chapter.

I wrote this trying to avoid any spoiler stuff.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Just ordered mine I'm in USA

Will it take two months like in Canada?

When I thought about ru people seeing the Robert Seddon story I also thought it would be passed on Chinese Whispers like as some touring rugby players did it.

44 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Will it take two months like in Canada?

When I thought about ru people seeing the Robert Seddon story I also thought it would be passed on Chinese Whispers like as some touring rugby players did it.

I buy quite a few books from UK from the usual sellers and its about two weeks 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

I had to come back and say that it's a brilliant reminder, among other things. of how long, how intriguing, how beguiling and how wonderful our history is.

On 02/01/2018 at 10:45 AM, Oxford said:

This book is excellent, one of those where your high hopes are borne out by what you get

I have been particularly moved by a couple of the tragic stories already. The one about the grave of Robert Seddon was terrific and is a lesson for ru fans who'll probably never read it!

I also loved the quote at the end of the split chapter.

I wrote this trying to avoid any spoiler stuff.

Thanks mate, glad you're enjoying it! 

Archived