Sam forrester

wonky

Excellent news that sam has returned to the club, a direct replacement for tee. We’ve yet to see the best of him and he will light up league 1. Hopefully he’s bringing his marra akehurst with him 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one . Blue blooded pedigree this lad , hopefully playing every week we’ll see that class that we all know is there in spades . Would have been a crying shame if he hadn’t got another go to prove his worth 

Would the lads who watched sam at maryport and barla etc say that he’s actually a better full back than tee? We obviously got no opportunity to see him there under pv. But when he signed by all accounts he was the best amateur about at the time 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

20 minutes ago, wonky said:

Would the lads who watched sam at maryport and barla etc say that he’s actually a better full back than tee? We obviously got no opportunity to see him there under pv. But when he signed by all accounts he was the best amateur about at the time 

Sam was best in his age goup , tee signed pro at 16 so wasnt an amateur and is younger , both very different styles but equally good fullbacks , sam is a yard slower but he has a good poaching technic from 5 or 10 yards out where tee turns and burns . 

Sam and Tee both played in the Maryport open age team, when both were fit Sam played FB Tee on the wing, however Tee played full back when Sam was injured or away on GB duties, both fantastic talents offering different types of fullback play, Scott A is also a very good fullback!

1 minute ago, snoopdog said:

Sam and Tee both played in the Maryport open age team, when both were fit Sam played FB Tee on the wing, however Tee played full back when Sam was injured or away on GB duties, both fantastic talents offering different types of fullback play, Scott A is also a very good fullback!

wrong , they never played in the same team at the same time , tee was loaned from Cumbria  Storm academy to play for Maryport along with Jason Moores lad Brandon by Gary Murdoch when Sam was injured on BARLA tour , at first Akehurst was fullback then Tee at only 17  was put there , they then won the trebble for the first time in the clubs history . 

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

wrong , they never played in the same team at the same time , tee was loaned from Cumbria  Storm academy to play for Maryport along with Jason Moores lad Brandon by Gary Murdoch when Sam was injured on BARLA tour , at first Akehurst was fullback then Tee at only 17  was put there , they then won the trebble for the first time in the clubs history . 

I think you may be wrong there aswell as they played the odd few games together sam being the full back but tee was only young (17). Tee paces is unbelievable and since his maryport days I think he is even faster!! Very safe under the high bombs. Two totally different full backs in my opinion. What you will see with sam is he is very clever most of the time he will be on the end of things, a lot of his tries came for backing up half the time he was already through the line before the break had been made excellent finisher. Made a shed load of tries aswell. I ust to travel to all there matchs as they played the best rugby around at the time. Sure maryport have a website what could be worth having a look at when both were there. Both didn't get a really chance IMO. 

Welcome back sam!

53 minutes ago, Fan33 said:

I think you may be wrong there aswell as they played the odd few games together sam being the full back but tee was only young (17). Tee paces is unbelievable and since his maryport days I think he is even faster!! Very safe under the high bombs. Two totally different full backs in my opinion. What you will see with sam is he is very clever most of the time he will be on the end of things, a lot of his tries came for backing up half the time he was already through the line before the break had been made excellent finisher. Made a shed load of tries aswell. I ust to travel to all there matchs as they played the best rugby around at the time. Sure maryport have a website what could be worth having a look at when both were there. Both didn't get a really chance IMO. 

Welcome back sam!

Correct.

No I'm correct , Scott Akehurst was full back when tee joined Maryport on loan , Sam was meant to return but broke his shoulder bone in Oz and was out for the rest of the season . But Cumbria is blessed with 2 very very exceptional fb talents of different styles and even more unusual are from the same village . and in my opinion both are better than fell and even a shade better than tierney who Ive seen enough times for town and tv to make that decision .

checked it , i think you maybe refering to an A Team game , not 1st team , ritsons debut at aspatria ? he played fb , forrester was on the bench , think it was the match before he left for Oz ? so yeah in same team for a game but tee was fb , forgot about A team games 

10 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Nobody mentioned first or second team they said open age team.

Its all a bit pointless tbh , it was said one played fb the other wing which isnt correct , think sam came off the bench and played standoff that day ? 

anyway sams back and town move on , scott next ?

23 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Good news if Scott Akehurst has signed back on , he looked really promising when he first signed but was denied game time . I am sure with a regular place in the Team he will be a success.

Watched him play at Dewsbury in probably his last game, (I think) he looked really quick.

Turned and caught their winger who was no slouch, hopefully would add that bit of pace we often seem to lack especially now Tee has moved on

Archived