Boxing Day - any hope?

Blind side johnny

Don' t worry cools it takes Rowe till Easter to get back under the 20st Mark. Are we lumping crookes in the James walker/ Shane Williams club?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A typical Boxing Day derby, two poor sides playing some ‘okay’ rugby had a half - decent pace. As usual Batley had that slight edge of speed in the passing department and caught us out — not to mention Rattie’s first try which was lovely reading of the game from the kicker. 

A few highlights was Worrincy’s second try and Haliday’s tackle on Campell (funny old day, I did not realise Aaron Mooy played rugby as well as football ;)).

I suspect the side Ned started the game with is near enough the team we will see starting against Sheffield, with Hallet and Walshaw coming in for Woolard and Reily possibly. 

No real cause for the concern regarding the final result, just hope we improve on our completion rate and knocking on from the scrum — two problems we had today and last season. All in all was very good to be back and I can’t wait for the Giants and Bulls matches now. UTR

I' be more worried over worrincy. If you thought Alex Brown was a good player lets see how many hallet/worrincy let in!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 minute ago, 9' oller said:

I' be more worried over worrincy. If you thought Alex Brown was a good player lets see how many hallet/worrincy let in!

Worrincy whenever I have watched him play against Dewsbury could be awful for fifty minutes but then would run in a length of the field try and change the game. He was at fault for the first try today in terms of defending but came back up and scored two.

I never disliked Brown, just had no pace and bad positioning towards the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, 9' oller said:

You’re right. What a shocker he had. Only the two tries, one of them 90 metres while good old Campbell seemed to be running in treacle.  

Hallidays tackle on Campbell and campbells dumping into touch when he tried to smash through were my highlights. Not sure how any one with Marquis Charles legs could flatten somebody so easily.  Cracking. 

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

...I also heard that Batley have offered Tom Hemingway a 5yr extension on his contract after his display today..

He might not be a world beater, but in fairness to him he looked better than Moore, Sykes or Brambani, who seemed to spend more time on his backside than upright.

It's a slamming indictment that he created more scoring opportunities for you than either Moore or Sykes ?.

10 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

He might not be a world beater, but in fairness to him he looked better than Moore, Sykes or Brambani, who seemed to spend more time on his backside than upright.

It's a slamming indictment that he created more scoring opportunities for you than either Moore or Sykes ?.

They weren’t playing behind your pack, which to be fair, were pretty dominant. 

9 hours ago, NickD said:

They weren’t playing behind your pack, which to be fair, were pretty dominant. 

And l think this is the point. Sykes and Moore are very decent half backs at our level, but as  today, will get few chances to lead their team if they play behind this pack every week. They were out muscled all game. 

Did you have many players missing today? 

12 minutes ago, distantdog said:

And l think this is the point. Sykes and Moore are very decent half backs at our level, but as  today, will get few chances to lead their team if they play behind this pack every week. They were out muscled all game. 

Did you have many players missing today? 

I was just posting along the same lines. I thought Dewsbury's forwards might have started to dominate once Rowe, Brown and Manning were taken off, giving Moore and Sykes a chance to take control. However, the new lads looked more than a match for their opposite numbers. Which begs the question, where will they fit in to the squad once Lillicrop, Day and Farrell are back.

10 hours ago, NickD said:

Hallidays tackle on Campbell and campbells dumping into touch when he tried to smash through were my highlights. Not sure how any one with Marquis Charles legs could flatten somebody so easily.  Cracking. 

Have to agree with the above ND but I thought Guzdaks try saving one on one tackle on Harrison was mine I couldn't believe he stopped him scoring!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Oh and the outrageous forward passes (at least 3) on Walshaws try :shout:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

4 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Have to agree with the above ND but I thought Guzdaks try saving one on one tackle on Harrison was mine I couldn't believe he stopped him scoring!

Twas close to miraculous that..agreed...

4 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Oh and the outrageous forward passes (at least 3) on Walshaws try :shout:

didn't you watch the World Cup Piggy?  Forward passes are the way to go...I reckon I had counted to 576 of them in the World Cup before I stopped counting...

So, whilst the mighty Bulldogs go marching on to yet another season of triumphs, what chance we will go into our first proper game on the back of a none from three record?

I can't see us getting much at the Alf and Bradford seemed to overturn Halifax quite comfortably at the weekend. Oh woe are we!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

So, whilst the mighty Bulldogs go marching on to yet another season of triumphs, what chance we will go into our first proper game on the back of a none from three record?

I can't see us getting much at the Alf and Bradford seemed to overturn Halifax quite comfortably at the weekend. Oh woe are we!!

Woe are we!!  Have you been gawping at too many ravens lately?

19 hours ago, Bi11 said:

Woe are we!!  Have you been gawping at too many ravens lately?

Nevermore.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Bi11 said:

You see yourself as the raven?  Now I am confused (a common enough state for me mind).

No, I am quoting what the Raven quoth. ;)

Dante? 

Personally I like my pasta soft n squishy!

Archived