Bradford Rumors

12 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Really hope this is true, SL needs a strong well financed Bradford.

They've got to get out of League 1 first, which is by no means a certainty.

That's before they negotiate their way up The Championship, which improves in quality every year.

Doctor Koucash's recent experience at Salford shouldn't give Bulls fans much cheer, he hardly set the world on fire did he?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Doctor Koucash's recent experience at Salford shouldn't give Bulls fans much cheer, he hardly set the world on fire did he?

He stopped Salford from going bust, something I imagine might resonate with some of the Bradford faithful!

10 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

So back to living beyond their means in a stadium they can't afford. I can't see the problem there. Seriously though Bradford need stability and Koukash will not provide that.

The point of stability is an interesting one, but surely the point of a multi-millionaire owner means that for once, the stadium would be something we would be able to afford?

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

12 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

He stopped Salford from going bust, something I imagine might resonate with some of the Bradford faithful!

We don't know if koukash has left salford in debt yet..

Records show salford where £3m in debt when he took over...as of last year salfords where £8.2m

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

23 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

We don't know if koukash has left salford in debt yet..

Records show salford where £3m in debt when he took over...as of last year salfords where £8.2m

But my point is we do know, or at best guess, were it not for his intervention there would likely be a very different Salford in existence currently, perhaps in a similar position to where Bradford are now. Only Salford fans can comment in retrospect if Dr K was a good appointment or not, but my reply was in relation to the point that he didn't set the world on fire and my point is I don't think Salford fans wanted to set the world on fire, they just wanted a club to support - that is the feeling I suspect Bradford fans can strongly relate to so if Dr K has set the world on fire or not is - to my mind - largely irrelevant. Our current owners have an especially dismal track record if we want to play "previous ownership top trumps".

As for the state he has left Salford in, well that remains to be seen and it's a legitimate concern for sure. However it's a problem that is deep rooted in the game itself and one that has been debated on here ad infinitum and if it wasn't Dr K "interested" in Bradford, the same arguments could - legitimately - be leveled if it was any other wealthy backer interested in this, or any other RL club (of course, no truly wealthy backers have ever been interested in Bradford, as the past decade has shown, but go with it for argument's sake. I still don't think one is right now!). Should that prevent wealthy people investing in RL because they might not feel obliged to invest in that club forever? I genuinely don't know the answer. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

Marwan made a lot of mistakes in the first year or two. He was incredibly naive and thought it was simple to throw money at a squad and make a success of it.  Id say he's learned his lesson there and was starting to do things right at Salford in terms of squad and coaches.  Off the pitch is a different matter.  The Salford rebrand was woeful and cheap and he either told fans they should be coming to games or outright criticised them for not coming.  If he's learned that lesson Bradford should be ok.  But I'm not sure he has.

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

They've got to get out of League 1 first, which is by no means a certainty.

That's before they negotiate their way up The Championship, which improves in quality every year.

Which is why I can't understand why (many of) their fans go on about how they should have been there last season. It would have been considerably harder to get out then than it will be now....

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Which is why I can't understand why (many of) their fans go on about how they should have been there last season. It would have been considerably harder to get out then than it will be now....

If you think Bradford fans were calling for us to be in League 1 as it'd be a doddle to get out of at first chance then you've very much got the wrong end of the stick. 

SQL Honours

Matthew Shaw tweeting Bradford have been in talks with Gregg McNally and Ryan Bailey (!) but is unsure if it's linked with today's announcement. 

SQL Honours

It's actually the other oft rumoured thing it seems - a link up with Torronto but this time it's Duel Reg.  https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/50749/bulls-announce-dual-registration-with-toronto-wolfpack- 

SQL Honours

59 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

It's actually the other oft rumoured thing it seems - a link up with Torronto but this time it's Duel Reg.  https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/50749/bulls-announce-dual-registration-with-toronto-wolfpack- 

Well at least this will make it easier for those who so clearly and openly loathe and despise both clubs and their supporters?  They will have plenty of opportuntities now to pour their bile out at both Wolfpack and Bulls supporters (and sympathisers) in a single posting!

You almost wish there was some truth in the Koukash rumour, so we could have the complete set!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

31 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

Well at least this will make it easier for those who so clearly and openly loathe and despise both clubs and their supporters?  They will have plenty of opportuntities now to pour their bile out at both Wolfpack and Bulls supporters (and sympathisers) in a single posting!

You almost wish there was some truth in the Koukash rumour, so we could have the complete set!

Imagine if you could get Argyle on board though?l

5 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Looks like it was a double announcement and they've signed Greg Mcnally too. Cracking signing for them. 

Triple. The new away kit was launched as well.

Very pleased with the signing. Hope his (I understand?) ongoing legal issues with Leigh do not create any impediment - not that Bradford have any previous with signing players and legal issues...!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

19 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

Triple. The new away kit was launched as well.

Very pleased with the signing. Hope his (I understand?) ongoing legal issues with Leigh do not create any impediment - not that Bradford have any previous with signing players and legal issues...!

I wouldn't think so. From what I saw mentioned in the league express article regarding the new players union amongst others, the legal issues are as much with the RFL and centre around the clause itself. 

I'm really pleased for him he has found another full time gig, he's a very good fullback and I'm sad to see the back of him as a Leigh fan. 

24 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Given the dual reg deal with toronto,does this mean that our resident trolls now have to include Bradford in the leigh/toronto bashing threads?

Yup...Bradford is with us now.  Who is Leigh bringing in?

Is the dual reg for half a season ? Can understand how it'll work while Toronto are over here but what happens when they decamp to Canada for the second half of the season - you'd think they'd want their full squad there to cover injuries and train with each other etc ?

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived