Keighley Predictions

bomberisgod

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Predicting us is tough especially away.  We need a big improvement in consistency and quality to give ourselves a chance in these games . I’m looking for us to perform better this year and do ourselves justice in games like this and then you’ve a chance , but show up and do the basics well and in this league at least you’re in it . We saw that with the teams who beat us last year, well drilled but nothing special .Hopefully we can at least do that more and cut down on the self destruction with this better group and compete with the teams around us a lot better . I’m not predicting a win but we are capable without doubt... doing it is another thing 

I've been away and missed the Ike game fortunately and haven't been on the forum for a week. Firstly can I say how gutted I was to hear of Scott's injury, I hope he makes a speedy recovery and my thoughts go out to his family. Now, OMG I can't believe the reaction to that game. I did think some on here were getting far too cocky and beginning to sound like haven fans, but  people have short memories, its only 12 months ago that a very inexperienced Town side beat a much fancied haven side twice in the space of 2 weeks. S**t happens, haven went on to have a cracking season and we struggled !! 

Let's have some confidence in our coach to pick them up and have them firing for the cougars game, It's always a tough place to go but I'll be hoping we get stuck into them, keeping our discipline and hope that we see some big performances from our more experienced signings. Cougars 26 Town 27

UP THE TOWN ;)

1 minute ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Could not agree more unicorn, haven fans who didnt go on sunday cos they were expecting a hiding have been gloating to me all week. I would be shocked if we finished behind them this season, on the day their 16 were better than our 23

Thought they had 18?

Plus the ref judging by some of the sin binnings

Haven have a starting 17 that will match most teams if not better virtually most teams its strength In depth we lack where others have big squads we don’t having Jessie and Dion back this and next week will be huge for us and too say you will be disappointed if you finish behind haven is a bit of disrespect really from a team of kids mostly who just Taken town to the cleaners on Sunday with  a injury hit team. It’s not about quality it’s team spirit and the  haven side which has abundant of 

No disrespect meant at all Havenfan13! I would argue about your 17 being better than ours but would agree your strongest 13 would be better than our strongest 13. I just think our strength in depth is a lot better than havens, so unless they get through a season with no injuries or suspensions they will struggle at times. I would also say basing it on last season is strange seen as we have strengthened and haven have been weakened, on paper at least.

5 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

No disrespect meant at all Havenfan13! I would argue about your 17 being better than ours but would agree your strongest 13 would be better than our strongest 13. I just think our strength in depth is a lot better than havens, so unless they get through a season with no injuries or suspensions they will struggle at times. I would also say basing it on last season is strange seen as we have strengthened and haven have been weakened, on paper at least.

Fully agree with everything you say pal I didn’t mean anything nastily by the way 

I do believe both will have good seasons it would be great for a West Cumbria final battling it out all year crowds would be huge at both clubs if it could happen marra I don’t think Bradford will be the team people are making them out to be I think York will be the team to beat they were oustsanding last year and look to to be better this year out I would seriously watch out for them both our sides 

I agree, maybe both clubs were feeling pessimistic last season after relegation from the championship but being in this league felt like the end of the world. You look now with both of us, bradford, york, Oldham, Donny, Keighley, newcastle and the 'poorer' sides improving and all of a sudden it seems like a very decent league

1 minute ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I agree, maybe both clubs were feeling pessimistic last season after relegation from the championship but being in this league felt like the end of the world. You look now with both of us, bradford, york, Oldham, Donny, Keighley, newcastle and the 'poorer' sides improving and all of a sudden it seems like a very decent league

It’s a league you don’t mind taking part in this year marra be some cracking game both home and away and all for the good of the game 

3 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Haven have a starting 17 that will match most teams if not better virtually most teams its strength In depth we lack where others have big squads we don’t having Jessie and Dion back this and next week will be huge for us and too say you will be disappointed if you finish behind haven is a bit of disrespect really from a team of kids mostly who just Taken town to the cleaners on Sunday with  a injury hit team. It’s not about quality it’s team spirit and the  haven side which has abundant of 

Can understand your enthusiasm at getting your P.N.G. guys back --- now you can all shout " Whose the Daddy?!" ?

Archived