Vestcare stadium

roughyed1064

Just seen 3 scroats climb in to ground kicking football about on pitch , informed football club on previous occasion regards to #### climbing in to the ground and they could not be bothered to reply, so why should other people bother, would not surprise me if one night they torch the plastic pitch.

7 minutes ago, roughyed1064 said:

Just seen 3 scroats climb in to ground kicking football about on pitch , informed football club on previous occasion regards to #### climbing in to the ground and they could not be bothered to reply, so why should other people bother, would not surprise me if one night they torch the plastic pitch.

People don't seem to care these days.Having said that remember all the work done at the ground was done with somebody else's money,not avros. It's always easier when it isn't your own money. You'd still think they'd at least thank you for informing then,two minutes of a job.Sod them!

mr get your facts right Oldham council provided the pitch at a cost of £100.000,the rest of the improvements was paid by avro at a cost of £110.000 Oldham rugby cost zilch. the sad facts is the ground is in the wrong place its not whitebank its a white elephant.

19 minutes ago, tandle said:

mr get your facts right Oldham council provided the pitch at a cost of £100.000,the rest of the improvements was paid by avro at a cost of £110.000 Oldham rugby cost zilch. the sad facts is the ground is in the wrong place its not whitebank its a white elephant.

Calm down I was under the impression the money came from grants etc as they are an amateur club.And I didn't mention Oldham rugby anyway.In any case 1064 informed them of this occurrence and they didn't respond and that's plain rude and ignorant. So yes screw them,if they ruin the pitch "didums"!

mr we are on the same side,oldham council have screwed avro big time and if every thing goes belly up ch justs walks away.i wanted the hkr match played at the latics to see what crowd we could draw.that would have told us if rugby league had a future in oldham

1 hour ago, tandle said:

mr we are on the same side,oldham council have screwed avro big time and if every thing goes belly up ch justs walks away.i wanted the hkr match played at the latics to see what crowd we could draw.that would have told us if rugby league had a future in oldham

The crowds over the years have gone from thousands to hundreds,not just at Oldham. I've spoken to our fellow fans at Swinton,Rochdale and Dewsbury last season and we came to the conclusion the the game is definitely getting smaller, fan base getting older and smaller,certainly in championship and league 1.The way the game is run is a disgrace,I don't think it's a case of whether rugby league has a future in Oldham but does it have one at all.By the time the powers that be realise it could be too late.

10 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

3 lads kicking a ball about are not necessarily scrotes,  they're just 3 lads kicking a ball about. Now if they were vandalising the place, then they would be scrotes. 

Agreed,they are not necessarily scrotes but the fence is there for a reason. Kids need to be taught boundaries, I know I was.If someone was to have an accident as a result of being where they shouldn't they'd be the first to start moaning. If there's a fence there don't try climbing it,it's there for a reason,eng of.

THE development of the newly-named Vestacare Stadium will be something the community can be proud of, the man behind the project says.

QUOTE...

The stadium, formerly Whitebank Stadium, was renamed after Avro FC, who will be the main tenants, got the backing of sponsors Vestacare and club chairman Rob Fuller believes the project will be something to benefit the whole community.

Expected to be ready by May this year, the development will see the current pitch upgraded to an all-weather 3G surface, a new training pitch and the club house spruced up. Avro, who play in the Manchester League used to be based at the Lancaster Club on Broadway.

With the facilities being upgraded, the stadium will also see the return of Oldham RL to the site as they had to leave following promotion because the ground did not meet the requirements of the Rugby Football League.

Mr Fuller said the upgraded stadium will be available for community use throughout the year and the club house will be available for all kinds of events.

Mr Fuller gave special thanks to the Manchester-based business, which provides services for people with learning disabilities, for its investment in the project and is hoping other businesses will get involved. He said: "Avro wants to thank all the businesses already supporting the club. Firstly, we want to thank Jean Stretton and Mark Prestwich from Oldham Council for securing the site and working to make sure it's the best in the borough.

"We want to thank Vestacare for being the main partner with the club. The Vestacare Stadium will also be the new home of other local sports clubs.

"Other local businesses such as Regenda Homes and Sudlows are also major partners in moving the site forward and we are keen for local businesses to get involved. Modo Furnishing, Barca Bar and Mitre Hotel have also agreed to assist."

Mr Fuller went on to say: "The Vestacare local community stadium will aim to be the best in the area and be available to hire during the week from 5-10pm. The facility is one of the only 3G pitches specifically for rugby and football.

"We're looking to have it ready by May.

"Hopefully over the next 25 years we can push on with the site and make sure that it gets used, it is really positive."

UNQUOTE....

Has ANYONE any idea just how much access and when the aforementioned "community" actually do access the facilities....That would be my interest!

22 hours ago, tandle said:

Out of interest tandle, what crowd would you expect if the game was at BP? It wouldn't be an accurate guide of what crowd we could draw, if all the people I have seen saying across social media " oh if it's at Latics I'd go" actually bothered to turn up at Bower/Vestacare for run of the mill league games that would give you a better figure. Truth is we have maybe 500 die hards,200-300 who pick and choose games and then those who go to only big games/finals plus away fans.Wherever the club play I would guess maximum we could draw (with marketing/offers etc) is a 1000 on a regular basis. I doubt the crowd at BP would be over 2300 for the HKR game, would the "extra" Oldham fans who went then follow up the following game at Vestacare against Newcastle? I doubt that also and it would revert to 7/800.

I wouldn't think AVRO now feel they have been screwed, the people in charge we speak to on a Sunday, seem pretty happy with everything at Vestacare,the ground just passed grading for the next level AVRO wish to play at.

It's no concern of ORLFC what happens/doesn't happen at Vestacare,we pay our rent, we train,we play on a Sunday,that's about the limit of our responsibility. How the ground is used for the community etc is up to the Council and AVRO. 

hi 34 I would hope we could get a crowd of 2500 seeing we are playing hkr with their large away following. there is no excuse about getting there superb bus connections and good parking ,if we cannot get a crowd of 2500 then I agree with moorside the game at our level is finished it cannot survive.

Hi tandle,2500 would be a good crowd for sure, I honestly don't think it would work though financially to play the game at BP (or Bower) with rental costs etc and split gate. Reality is the only way we could make a few bob is to switch to KR. 

Maybe switch a league game to BP in the future and see what crowd that draws? 

hi 34 I might be wrong but I don't think you can switch a game now, I agree with playing a one off game at bp perhaps Bradford even after rent there should be a good profit from that game.my main concern is what will happen regarding next season with the large gentleman jumping ship I fear the worst for champ. 1 i think the funding will be scrapped and will be the end for teams like Oldham/Rochdale/swinton and some Yorkshire clubs .

It's a sad state of affairs that we will have to switch the games, I fear the worst for semi pro rugby. 

Championship one is the only true national league with the championship an intercontinental league and the super league a m62 league stopping just before Liverpool. 

Remember the days at sheddings beating teams like Wigan and Leeds. 

Those days are gone, as much as Dave does it does not crack the non believers or ch haters 

Please god I hope I'm wrong but I do not feel that there will be any Oldham Rochdale or Swinton in 5 - 10 years. I think that the aforementioned clubs will be merged with Manchester rangers 

7 hours ago, clifford said:

It's a sad state of affairs that we will have to switch the games, I fear the worst for semi pro rugby. 

Championship one is the only true national league with the championship an intercontinental league and the super league a m62 league stopping just before Liverpool. 

Those days are gone, as much as Dave does it does not crack the non believers or ch haters 

Please god I hope I'm wrong but I do not feel that there will be any Oldham Rochdale or Swinton in 5 - 10 years. I think that the aforementioned clubs will be merged with Manchester rangers 

Agree with you mate.Some clubs are batting on a sticky wicket.Ive got a feeling you may be right with the Manchester thing(I've said so on other forums).If this happens I will walk,im from Oldham not Manchester and I'm sure people from the others clubs mentioned would probably feel the same way.Theyre killing it.ill be supporting saddleworth full time.

17 hours ago, clifford said:

I read recently, I think it was on Love Rugby League, that a meeting was to go ahead between six representatives from Ch and Ch1 with representatives of Super League, to discuss the future of the lower leagues. This meeting will have no input or involvement from the RFL. Does anyone know anything about this or when and where it is to take place?

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

The Batley chairmen registered this company a few weeks ago

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11204343

"rugby league championships limited"

The general thinking is that SL will move to a 20team,2 division set up and everyone left out of that will form our own league(s)

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Archived