13 Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/18 at 18:45

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Yes please.

I'm not in any way saying Thaler is biased towards Leeds. But in 1 or 2 point games you will always be able to point out something that cost you the game. Unless there is a real issue with the referee (like the running battle several senior Leeds players had with Silverwood for several years), you need to overcome the decisions which go against you like those which go for you (and I didn't think the penalty Leeds kicked last night should have been given).

But those occasions when Thaler calls have gone in Leeds favour have happened in some very big games - e.g.

2012 Challenge Cup semi final vs Wigan; Hardaker's first try. Knock on by Ryan Bailey followed by a huge forward pass, both overlooked.

Hardaker's second try. Mega knock on by Danny McGuire, one of the worst missed calls I've ever seen in a big game. Thaler has referenced this as one of the big mistakes in his career.

2012 Super League play offs - Catalan away. McGuire wasn't sent off for his fist in the face of Louis Anderson and won the game for Leeds. McGuire was subsequently banned.

2015 Super League Grand Final - he gave the famous "knock on" try by Joel Moon. I'm sure Wigan fans don't have fond memories of Thaler from that game.

And just a year ago who could forget when he was dropped to the championship after Leeds vs Wigan for not sending Brett Ferres off.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Even the most loyal O`Loughlin fans must have been baffled to see his name in the 4 for Man Of The Match . Sky please get rid of this vote for one of these 4 rubbish , it`s just not working , worse even than Phil Clarkes swingometer ! 

apparently nothing to do with sky but as you say it is rubbish bateman was mom by a country mile myler was probably responsible for leeds losing the game and somehow won mom easily.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

1 hour ago, my missus said:

apparently nothing to do with sky but as you say it is rubbish bateman was mom by a country mile myler was probably responsible for leeds losing the game and somehow won mom easily.

Its not a MoM vote it is a popularity contest.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

28 minutes ago, Padge said:

Its not a MoM vote it is a popularity contest.

How come I didn't win then?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

57 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

How come I didn't win then?

Everyone hates you dumbo.

My god Hullites, Hullitlers, Hullsumes or whatever you call your self are so so dumb.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

32 minutes ago, Padge said:

My god Hullites, Hullitlers, Hullsumes or whatever you call your self are so so dumb.

Up yours. :beee:

48 minutes ago, Padge said:

youre both mates really 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Just now, fieldofclothofgold said:

youre both mates really 

Awwww, we've been found out, he loves me. In fact I think he owes me a pint.

6 hours ago, M j M said:

I'm not in any way saying Thaler is biased towards Leeds. But in 1 or 2 point games you will always be able to point out something that cost you the game. Unless there is a real issue with the referee (like the running battle several senior Leeds players had with Silverwood for several years), you need to overcome the decisions which go against you like those which go for you (and I didn't think the penalty Leeds kicked last night should have been given).

But those occasions when Thaler calls have gone in Leeds favour have happened in some very big games - e.g.

2012 Challenge Cup semi final vs Wigan; Hardaker's first try. Knock on by Ryan Bailey followed by a huge forward pass, both overlooked.

Hardaker's second try. Mega knock on by Danny McGuire, one of the worst missed calls I've ever seen in a big game. Thaler has referenced this as one of the big mistakes in his career.

2012 Super League play offs - Catalan away. McGuire wasn't sent off for his fist in the face of Louis Anderson and won the game for Leeds. McGuire was subsequently banned.

2015 Super League Grand Final - he gave the famous "knock on" try by Joel Moon. I'm sure Wigan fans don't have fond memories of Thaler from that game.

And just a year ago who could forget when he was dropped to the championship after Leeds vs Wigan for not sending Brett Ferres off.

That's quite a list thanks for reminding me. I have no problem with the penalty that leveled the game I was miffed by his inconsistent calls,as I said O'Loughlin hit Handley head high and broke his nose and got away with it. In fact he got away with it on a few occasions. As for the game it was poor along with the ref.

6 hours ago, my missus said:

How was he responsible for losing Leeds the game ?

12 hours ago, my missus said:

I'd have given it to the streaker,a cheeky line break and didn't drop any balls.

8 hours ago, Padge said:

Awwww, we've been found out, he loves me. In fact I think he owes me a pint.

Nah, I brought it to you a few minutes before the end of the last Wigan v Hull game but couldn't find you anywhere.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

How many noses does Handley have?

Ha ha nice one. I would suggest when anyone plays against O'Loughlin should have several.

Archived