13 Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/18 at 18:45

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Should have been a Leeds penalty at the end when Sean held down at the end 

Overall a poor game , too much focus on cheating , not enough on playing RL 

And they’ll keep doing it if it keeps getting  rewarded . 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither defence was really tested. Just a complete lack of creativity from both teams, which had Eddie blabbering on about defences being on top, and 'great defence from both teams'. Which it wasn't.

Another one of those annoying lines he trots out to try and convince people of a positive when it's so clearly not.

Only real highlight was the Tomkins DG.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

47 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Interesting (and frustrating) that Bateman has no problem passing or offloading when in a Wigan shirt, but completely clams up when playing for England.

Playing to his coaches instructions.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Interesting (and frustrating) that Bateman has no problem passing or offloading when in a Wigan shirt, but completely clams up when playing for England.

Playing his natural position of second row helps. You really get very little time on the ball at centre with high expectation on you to do something with it. IMO center is one of the toughest positions in RL to master.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Highlight of the game was the streaker just before half time and the announcer saying as you can tell its a cold night at Headingley!

i think its a hangover from the easter period as both teams are better than that, although the diving at the play the ball was  embarrassing at times.

leeds should have gone for the try at the end thought going for one was way too negative, having said that leeds shoukd have had a penalty for either if the headshots on ward.

one to forget

also shame on the wigan fans for throwing things onto the pitch, we can do without that in our game

4 hours ago, Ullman said:

I'll be recording the game. Sounds like I should fast forward to half-time.

from what ive read about the game you may have been better fast forwarding to 77th minute

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Just finished watching the game after getting in from work....what can i say? very dull apart from the last 5 mins! Glad i aint the only one who thought so though!

As usual O'Loughlin smacks Handley in the face breaks his nose no penalty. Delaney does same penalty to Wigan 

8 all, Thaler had to get Wigan back in to the game.

10 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Neither defence was really tested. Just a complete lack of creativity from both teams, which had Eddie blabbering on about defences being on top, and 'great defence from both teams'. Which it wasn't.

Another one of those annoying lines he trots out to try and convince people of a positive when it's so clearly not.

I'm sorry, but you can hardly complain about a commentator bring positive.

I thought the complete bloody opposite anyway. He kept going on about how it wasn't a very good game. "It's not being a very entertaining game at all, I must confess." Why highlight that?! Hardly going to keep people watching, is it? We spend way too much time highlighting negatives.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

from what ive read about the game you may have been better fast forwarding to 77th minute

Pretty much what I ended up doing.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

fantastic game loved every second of it 70 people nearly took the roof off the pub when super sam knocked that drop over, funny how a one point win is miles better than thrashing a poor leeds side.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

21 minutes ago, my missus said:

fantastic game loved every second of it 70 people nearly took the roof off the pub when super sam knocked that drop over, funny how a one point win is miles better than thrashing a poor leeds side.

so Leeds are a poor side or just played poorly ? 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, my missus said:

they were both pretty poor but wigan not quite as poor as leeds;)

fine .I wasn't there I rely on accurate posts and comments on here 

JAMIE PEACOCK

Even the most loyal O`Loughlin fans must have been baffled to see his name in the 4 for Man Of The Match . Sky please get rid of this vote for one of these 4 rubbish , it`s just not working , worse even than Phil Clarkes swingometer ! 

3 hours ago, my missus said:

they were both pretty poor but wigan not quite as poor as leeds;)

I assume you're just talking about the last ten minutes.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 hours ago, M j M said:

Would you like me to provide a list of big game decisions by Thaler which have gone in Leeds favour?

Yes please.

Archived