Luke Briscoe

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

I reckon hes worth at least £200 000 in today’s transfer market if a deal had to be done, what does anyone else think ?

I reckon that's top end.... but if anyone does offer that kind of sh it, trust me..... he's gone!

26 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I reckon that's top end.... but if anyone does offer that kind of sh it, trust me..... he's gone!

Considering Hardaker cost Cas £150k I'd say well over top end. I'm not sure any club that would be prepared to pay that for Luke has a clear grasp on reality.......

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Considering Hardaker cost Cas £150k I'd say well over top end. I'm not sure any club that would be prepared to pay that for Luke has a clear grasp on reality.......

Agree completely with that, but when you have one club for whom money seems no object but there aren't that many players available, common sense can go out of the window. Joe Westerman was widely reported to have fetched a fee of £130k/£150k depending on whose piece you read when he signed for Toronto, and he's 4 years older than Luke, and it's 4 years since he won his sole England cap.

37 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Wasn’t Solomona sold to a RU Club for £900 000 which kept C#s affloat.I know he’s not a SL Player but surely Luke is better than a quarter of him who proved a tad disappointing in that game.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Money’s not really a problem for Toronto though and Campbell knows it so that instantly pushes the price up .

25 minutes ago, Auntie Ruth said:

....his brother went to Leeds for £500k, he was at the top of his game though and an England international, think £100-150k’s about right...

Thanks for that valuation Ruth as I agree.I tell you what if we can’t get that for him and he doesn’t want to go and we are not desperate then I suggest keep him.

On 10/05/2018 at 3:22 PM, Robin Evans said:

We’ll just tell everyone what we’ll accept, get a grip with your information. 

6 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Nah. 

Pike y suggests he would be valued @ 200k. 

My hypothesis is that if that was the case the club will snap the buyers hand off.

I don't have info. I do, like many others, indulge in talking sheite

But why do we need to take it what’s that going to get us new floodlights or a new sound system because we are not going to buy a better player with it .

Its not like years ago when we needed the money to survive we are now actually making money as a business not many clubs can say that . Longo hasn’t had to ask Campbell for any money for a long time trust me .

do we actually want to compete in the 8s this year if we do we need to be adding quality players not selling them .

We don't have to take it. I dont agree with pike y's evaluation of Luke but if that was offered I'm suggesting the club would not turn down such an offer.... in the same way we didn't with briggsy and Zac a few years ago.

It would be good business and that cash could fund a replacement and still have loads in the bank.

You have another opunion. C'est la vie

His performance on Thursday night will have made a few clubs sit up. I said on the general forum that he should be considered for England Knights but got scoffed at, simply because he was rubbish at Leeds first time around, so they say. For their information he was rubbish at last year's Summer Bash and was terrible under the high ball all season.- Not so this year, you wouldn't think it's the same player, and his performance against Super League opposition on Thursday shows that he's ready to make the step up. Some of the clubs with money will splash the cash on transfers as they can't spend more on wages because are limited by the salary cap.

I reckon we should start up a campaign to get him in the England Knights squad, that would increase his value.

6 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

We don't have to take it. I dont agree with pike y's evaluation of Luke but if that was offered I'm suggesting the club would not turn down such an offer.... in the same way we didn't with briggsy and Zac a few years ago.

It would be good business and that cash could fund a replacement and still have loads in the bank.

I get what your saying but I just feel like we can’t keep selling are best players when we don’t need to I get it if the player wants to go but I don’t think luke wants too we will see anyway at least he’s got another year on his contract anyway so we will get a fee unlike Holmes who’s free to leave at the end of the year .

10 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

It not just the money, this club has always shown that they won't stand in a player's way to move on to a richer club if they've given good service to the Rovers first. Many have signed for Fev because of that, and the club will need to sell themselves in that way if they ever start up an academy.

Look at what Briscoe himself has said:

On how Duffy's tactics have impacted his game: "I've scored half of my career tries this year so that says a lot. With the way John likes to play, we throw the ball around to the edges and I've been there to finish off." (Daily Mirror)

On where his future lies: "I do want to be back in the Super League." (Yorkshire Post)

On his preference to do that with Rovers, as per ROVERS FOREVER who was at the "major announcement" meeting a few weeks back: "Luke Briscoe, aspirations are to stay at Fev, no interest in SL unless it's with Fev. Wow."

His contract is up at the end of next season. I'd love to see him stay, but if we don't go up he's going, isn't he? He'll be 25, in his prime. Can't see him wanting to spend that in the Championship.

That's all well and good wanting SL but Luke has a good job pays well and toped up with his rugby wages a rugby player has a shelf life of about 20years at most then what no rugby wages and packed a good job in for full time money for how long ????? In SL i know what i would want 

3 minutes ago, plug said:

That's all well and good wanting SL but Luke has a good job pays well and toped up with his rugby wages a rugby player has a shelf life of about 20years at most then what no rugby wages and packed a good job in for full time money for how long ????? In SL i know what i would want 

I'm a bit of a whitler.... it would stress me out no end plug if i didn't have a strong future plan.

If i had a good job and earned extra playing rugby that would always have been my preferred option.... a career with rugby cementing my future and paying the bills when we need it the most.... when we are young and have young families etc.

There is no way on earth i would have gone sh it or bust on a 10-12 year plan with little/no options at the end.

However, lots do.

For what it’s worth.I was sat in the Cappers bar talking to a couple of blokes before the Hull match and one of them told me that he had spoken to Lukes dad about the possible move away to another Club and was told that he is  happy playing for Rovers ,working also in his outside job  and enjoys walking with his dog doing some shooting and doesn’t wish to alter this lifestyle.        

If it was me in his position and say Toronto cane in and offered me three times what I was earning ( both jobs put together) then  I would go but I am a greedy Ba####d ??

Archived