Luke Briscoe

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's only Nosey Parker so take it with a pinch of salt, but in his League Weekly column he says that "two excellent sources" told him we have turned down an offer from Salford for Luke but Toronto have now supposedly offered "silly money" and are awaiting MC's decision.

I would think Luke would have some input into a move to Toronto ?

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yep, wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, though no doubt he'd be getting "silly money" too if it's true.

It'll test that claim of not being interested in a move to SL unless with us !

If he goes it will be like the old days when a player became good = he went. But we were desperate for  money then to keep us afloat. Not the same now so I hope the club make the right decision in dealing with this matter. If it means paying him more then so be it. 

1 minute ago, jamescolin said:

If he goes it will be like the old days when a player became good = he went. But we were desperate for  money then to keep us afloat. Not the same now so I hope the club make the right decision in dealing with this matter. If it means paying him more then so be it. 

Agreed. I'd like at least another season from him. Shouldn't sell if we don't have to. Love seeing Fev lads pulling on the shirt.

Would Luke be the player he is today without playing for Fev.In his younger days he was every bit as good as his brother but seemed to lose his confidence and desire.I think he has been a revelation this season,as before he was just a decent Championship winger.Hope we can fee up funds to keep him as long as it is not silly money.Credit to the players outside him for giving him the chances,although he goes inside quite a bit looking for opportunities.

If Luke has a change of heart and wants to leave for a SL Club then good luck to him but it must be at the end of the season as he is obviously our key player and also the transfer money will fill the gap if we don’t make the top four.Mark will already be aware of this and at the end of the day even though I would be sad to see him leave, we run a buisiness and most people have a price.

The prize money and game day income difference between finishing 4th & 5th is silly money too. It might happen eventually but both Luke and Fev have their own different goals for this season. It would be folly for him to move while he's still chasing records, and if he achieves them his profile will be sky high. Toronto must know this too, I wonder if they're trying to unsettle the player?

Logic says for now that he will stay with us whilst he continues to score.  If I was in his shoes the record would be my first priority. If he doesn't score against Hull he might think again.

If the lad has got any sense he will be off on a 3 year full time contract.

He has worked wonders for rovers and if we had not had him this season we would not be where we are in the table.

Would not be surprised to see both Robinson and Davies follow suit if Davies can get over his thumb problems which is the only possible reason barring fallout why he is not one of the first names on the team sheet every game.

The only reason to stay at Fev is loyalty but lifes not like that any more but he may just think um......? what if I stay at Fev I get game time and will probably be offered a new well paid contract not to mention it is much easier playing week in week out in the Championship and not getting smacked around a bit in superleague.

I really hope the lad stays but if we let him go just maybe we can get a good fullback.

On 06/05/2018 at 9:27 PM, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's only Nosey Parker so take it with a pinch of salt, but in his League Weekly column he says that "two excellent sources" told him we have turned down an offer from Salford for Luke but Toronto have now supposedly offered "silly money" and are awaiting MC's decision.

How many players do Toronto want/need? It's getting crazy 

On 06/05/2018 at 10:29 PM, jamescolin said:

Not the same now? The Rover's will always need money our crowds aren't big enough, he, ll get sold for sure that's what small clubs do and have always done. 

Couple of Briscoe pieces ahead of the Hull game...

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/52368/record-breaker-briscoe-eyeing-cup-shock

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/featherstone-rovers-v-hull-fc-winger-briscoe-has-world-record-in-his-sights-1-9156314

Whether he breaks the record or not, I wonder how we'll look back on this run in ten or more years time. Difficult to contextualise these things as they're happening IMHO. 

Having a well paid job and playing for Fev sometimes outweighs the urge for wanting super league and this is where the super eights fall down. The super league league players don't want to lose their financial stability and neither  too does the championship player by being promoted. Its often a catch 22 situation. Some Fev players in the Fev squad have done super league already and have no desire to go back there.

Archived