Hall to Roosters (Merged threads)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, redjonn said:

I know its announced he's going but has it been officially announced its the Roosters, just that somebody suggested another NRL club

titans? can just see him pairing  up with konnie on that side of the field "keep your eye on james Tedesco while I nip to the burger stand"

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Bronco's are mentioned on one article I read. But as a previous post mentioned, that would entirely depend on Wayne Bennett i'd imagine.

If Hall genuinely wants the challenge, he'll go well, and adapt where needed.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

tackle breaks have been another of his weaknesses, if he could never break tackles here - then he wont even be able to break poppadoms over there- 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

am talking about running back at speed to shut down the breaks out wide by the opposition ala - the morris twins

Fair enough. I dont think he struggles in that department too much though to be fair

16 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

tackle breaks have been another of his weaknesses, if he could never break tackles here - then he wont even be able to break poppadoms over there- 

77 so far this season - highest at Leeds, 7th in SL; only Clark (78), Bateman (80), Quinlan (80), Fifita (89), Barba (113) & Percival (129) have more

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

would love him to do well, but I think nrl wingers do a lot more fast paced chasing back to help their own fb than ours do, think this is where he could struggle

Not all NRL wingers are flat-out speedsters, and he's signing as a player known for strength and good finishing. Yes, players like Josh Addo-Carr or Bevan French can burn away from any opposition player if they get space, but they haven't got Hall's power. I'm sure the Roosters will play to their players' strengths intelligently.

Will he be playing outside Latrell Mitchell? That could be a very good combination.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Will he be playing outside Latrell Mitchell? That could be a very good combination.

Probably not. Daniel Tupou is on the left wing, playing outside Latrell Mitchell. Ryan Hall is supposedly replacing Blake Ferguson, who plays on the right wing, outside Joseph Manu.  I don't know if Hall will be happy to play on the right wing though.

10 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Probably not. Daniel Tupou is on the left wing, playing outside Latrell Mitchell. Ryan Hall is supposedly replacing Blake Ferguson, who plays on the right wing, outside Joseph Manu.  I don't know if Hall will be happy to play on the right wing though.

Just thinking back to last round's match, the youngster Paul Momirovski was playing centre on that occasion, and looked a very handy talent. Who knows who'll be first choice next season or if Hall will be the winger to swap sides?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

Tupou will move to right wing, not Hall

22 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Haha the Morris twins aren’t quick, not anymore

The No-Neck twins may not be quick any more, but they have good Rugby brains and are still valuable players because they can make themselves effective despite their lack of flat-out speed. Hall is experienced and intelligent, and so is Trent Robinson.

It is quite possible that they know what they are doing.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The No-Neck twins may not be quick any more, but they have good Rugby brains and are still valuable players because they can make themselves effective despite their lack of flat-out speed. Hall is experienced and intelligent, and so is Trent Robinson.

It is quite possible that they know what they are doing.

Oh i'm not denying that by any means, i completely agree. I was countering the rather absurd suggestion that Hall won't make it because he doesn't run back at speed to shut down breaks like the Morris twins

8 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Oh i'm not denying that by any means, i completely agree. I was countering the rather absurd suggestion that Hall won't make it because he doesn't run back at speed to shut down breaks like the Morris twins

I was backing you up on that aspect of Ryan's game.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congrats Ryan Hall. Certainly the most accomplished back to leave SL for the NRL, including Sam Tomkins, IMO.

look forward to seeing how well he does.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Great move for Ryan Hall, and great move for the Sydney Roosters. I predict that both will be more than happy this time next year.

Interesting though that the news release refers to him as an "outside back," not specifically a winger. Could that mean that Trent Robinson is also thinking of him moving into the centres in a positional swap with Joseph Manu?

22 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Great move for Ryan Hall, and great move for the Sydney Roosters. I predict that both will be more than happy this time next year.

Interesting though that the news release refers to him as an "outside back," not specifically a winger. Could that mean that Trent Robinson is also thinking of him moving into the centres in a positional swap with Joseph Manu?

Maybe, but it also may just be reading too much into a turn of phrase.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

53 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

No he’ll replace Ferguson straight and there’ll be minimal disruption . I think he should have gone a couple of years ago really but good luck to him 

good luck to him, hope its a success, nothing to stay at leeds for hes  done it all with them - could also open the way for a team in the Auckland 9s pre season based on uk players over there maybe? with a couple of additions 

Archived