Hall to Roosters (Merged threads)

Moley has just confirmed that Hall due to sign for Roosters for next season. Must admit I never thought he'd go down under but maybe now his kids are a little older the opportunity to test himself in the NRL has got too strong. 

Even at 30 I reckon he's got 3 good years left in him. Be exciting to watch how he gets on. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link: https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/07/16/20/27/nrl-the-mole-sydney-roosters-ryan-hall-blake-ferguson-replacement

"The Sydney Roosters are set to make a stunning signing - world class English Test winger Ryan Hall.

The Leeds flyer is close to signing a massive deal to replace star winger Blake Ferguson, who last week signed with the Parramatta Eels.

The Roosters have been holding secret talks with Hall for weeks and are close to clinching the deal.

Hall is rated the best winger in England."

~~~~

Huge news if true, but would have Hall have left a NRL stint too late? 

20 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Moley has just confirmed that Hall due to sign for Roosters for next season. Must admit I never thought he'd go down under but maybe now his kids are a little older the opportunity to test himself in the NRL has got too strong. 

Even at 30 I reckon he's got 3 good years left in him. Be exciting to watch how he gets on. 

Where did this come from ? Not some bloke stood at the bar in the Garden Gate I hope ?

25 minutes ago, Abicus said:

Link: https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/07/16/20/27/nrl-the-mole-sydney-roosters-ryan-hall-blake-ferguson-replacement

"The Sydney Roosters are set to make a stunning signing - world class English Test winger Ryan Hall.

The Leeds flyer is close to signing a massive deal to replace star winger Blake Ferguson, who last week signed with the Parramatta Eels.

The Roosters have been holding secret talks with Hall for weeks and are close to clinching the deal.

Hall is rated the best winger in England."

~~~~

Huge news if true, but would have Hall have left a NRL stint too late? 

As long as nobody tells Ryan he's in Australia he'll be fine.

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Where did this come from ? Not some bloke stood at the bar in the Garden Gate I hope ?

Haha no mate - although I do know a bloke in Hunslet who gets called Mole strangely enough...not for the same reasons I might add. 

This is the article https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/07/16/20/27/nrl-the-mole-sydney-roosters-ryan-hall-blake-ferguson-replacement

Interesting! Maybe this could be the change he needs to spark him at this point in his career. Definitely good enough for the NRL throughout his career, but he's a big guy getting on a bit now... There's some risk that he might be slowing down a bit and get found out, but I hope he does well. 

Whilst I hope it does work out for him, I have a nagging feeling it won't and he's gone too late. I hope I'm proved wrong and he storms it.

I'm guessing this is why Leeds decided to re-sign Luke Briscoe again permanently. Hall will be a huge loss for the Rhinos :(

59 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Easy one. Tom Johnstone.

Not a chance, maybe in a coupe of years but Hall has been and is still world class, look at his England record, he will go well in the NRL, I will be sad to see him go but we at Leeds have bigger problems than on the wing and his wages will be very high.

Archived