Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
vic

2019 signings

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, AndyD said:

OldRake9 should I reveal your identity to the forum? ???

He’s someone with a Maryport bias that blinkers his views it would seem.

ive seen plenty of Litherland and as an out and out centre believe he will be one of our starting pair as he runs great lines and when in his stride he’s away

  • Like 2

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

People have said on these forums, that to improve we need to bring in better players than we've got, we done that with Tylar, which is great but I'm afraid, in my opinion, litherland is not better than what we've got.

I haven’t seen him often enough to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LancashireTown said:

I think your very wrong and will be surprised with how he goes. Another big lad added can also play in back row, head and shoulders above akehurst for me.

I watched Akehurst play union for Aspatria. He didn’t stand out defensively which at that level he should’ve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

At least a dozen

 

4 hours ago, AndyD said:

OldRake9 should I reveal your identity to the forum? ???

Well Andy has played a maximum of 13 games a season over the last 4 seasons with only 7 last year, and half of those will probably have been away games so more than a dozen games is an impressive number for a Town fan and a lot of watching Barrow.  So I'm guessing oldrake either doesn't live in Workington or saw him as an amateur.

  • Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he meant he saw him as an amateur but seeing as that was at least four years ago I'm guessing under a professional setup he's improved a bit ,and he was good enough to be signed on in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

 

Well Andy has played a maximum of 13 games a season over the last 4 seasons with only 7 last year, and half of those will probably have been away games so more than a dozen games is an impressive number for a Town fan and a lot of watching Barrow.  So I'm guessing oldrake either doesn't live in Workington or saw him as an amateur.

Andy has played 45 times in the last 4 seasons for Barrow and has scored 22 times, which backs up what I said... He's good with the ball in hand, my concern (with watching that "dozen" times) was his defensive qualities..... But, again, like I said previously, hopefully Leon will fix that side of his game ?

Getting back to my original point..... Sorry if you feel like I'm slagging the lad, I'm not.....I welcome him with open arms, my point being if we want out of this league, you ALL would've preferred and would definately start Stefan marsh over Andy litherland, if you say otherwise you need your heads looking at... I'm a town fan, have been since the 70's, sorry for wishing big and wanting success at the club. 

Edited by oldrake9
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ambition matched with realism.

Stefan Marsh was a name banded about by folk on here and not the club so for you to compere the two is pretty ridiculous. 

I like Tomkins and he's available but the club got Fieldhouse probably because ones realistic the other isnt, supporters just wanting to sign any player currently unattached. 

Edited by BlueVintheblood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Ambition matched with realism.

Stefan Marsh was a name banded about by folk on here and not the club so for you to compere the two is pretty ridiculous. 

I like Tomkins and he's available but the club got Fieldhouse probably because ones realistic the other isnt, supporters just wanting to sign any player currently unattached. 

Again, read my last post, I AGREE, Andy litherland is a decent signing for us, nothing wrong with wanting better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I preferred it when haven fans were too embarrassed to come on here a couple of months ago. I used y=to enjoy reading the posts. Now its haven fans, probably some of the board and others back stirring now.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

Andy has played 45 times in the last 4 seasons for Barrow and has scored 22 times, which backs up what I said... He's good with the ball in hand, my concern (with watching that "dozen" times) was his defensive qualities..... But, again, like I said previously, hopefully Leon will fix that side of his game ?

Getting back to my original point..... Sorry if you feel like I'm slagging the lad, I'm not.....I welcome him with open arms, my point being if we want out of this league, you ALL would've preferred and would definately start Stefan marsh over Andy litherland, if you say otherwise you need your heads looking at... I'm a town fan, have been since the 70's, sorry for wishing big and wanting success at the club. 

Fair do's,  it's just typical that our new signing is greeted with negativity.  It might be good to covet players, but totally pointless if they aren't signing. So how can you lament what might have been if it was never on the cards in the first place? Might it not been as well just to say nowt? I felt really underwhelmed when we signed newts, but he signed and got my support while he was here.

Andy will wear the famous unicorn on his chest and as long as he does it with pride and gives 100% he has my full support. Let's face it if he keeps his scoring rate up I'll forgive him an odd lapse in defence.


The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barrow fan here, livvy is decent in attack but can be a bit suspect defensively. Hopefully he can stay fit and injury free for you guys as he's been in and out of the raiders team with injuries 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds a bit like Hambley , and I like him ,on the whole he’s done good . Only fair to judge the lad on watching him play and give him a fair crack . Put it in and the fans always support you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

Brookie. Negative all the time. I take it you are an back surgeon? Do you think he had a medical or the club just take a punt on people

Didn't the New Zealander also have a medical? Can't  remember his name, but he never played a game and nearly cost the club dearly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Didn't the New Zealander also have a medical? Can't  remember his name, but he never played a game and nearly cost the club dearly.

The club are fools obviously. Get yourself on the board to sort them out

Most rugby players have injury history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

The club are fools obviously. Get yourself on the board to sort them out

Most rugby players have injury history. 

You're obviously in a confrontational mood. So the second word is off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...