Newton

Hate the rec

1 hour ago, wonky said:

Why’s he got to be local? If he’s better, we will be a better team if he’s from flimby or Sydney it makes little difference 

Read it properly.

if he isn’t better and he isn’t local is a problem.

if he isn’t better but he is local I’d give more leeway on my opinion.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Read it properly.

if he isn’t better and he isn’t local is a problem.

if he isn’t better but he is local I’d give more leeway on my opinion.

This talk of Penky and Hock going to Leigh is rubbish. They're both contracted, so would cost money. Plus they've been reported for tapping up Duffy by Fev. They terminated Duffy's contract

2 minutes ago, Newtothis said:

Too late for that I think, I reckon haven will announce him tomorrow 

Really hope so he was outstanding for us for many years and was gutted when he left you know what you get with newts 100% every game 

Just now, Havenfan13 said:

Really hope so he was outstanding for us for many years and was gutted when he left you know what you get with newts 100% every game 

I agree, he always does a good job does newts. Gutted he is leaving town but these things happen.

1 minute ago, Newtothis said:

I agree, he always does a good job does newts. Gutted he is leaving town but these things happen.

As I say not getting my hopes up till it’s confirmed but he’s a damn fine player and Cumbrian 

35 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Just rumours pal a few people believe it might be but until it’s confirmed .....

Yeah it defo is mate. Gutted tbh, really liked newts, but I’m sure 2 minutes into the ike game when he’s pulling his usual tricks we’ll soon hate him again lol. Plus the players were set to announce very shortly will soften the blow big time. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Good player but Haven would be better off spending what money they have on a big prop,they have already got good options at hooker with Dowsett and Wilkinson 

1 hour ago, wonky said:

Yeah it defo is mate. Gutted tbh, really liked newts, but I’m sure 2 minutes into the ike game when he’s pulling his usual tricks we’ll soon hate him again lol. Plus the players were set to announce very shortly will soften the blow big time. 

Who??

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Good player but Haven would be better off spending what money they have on a big prop,they have already got good options at hooker with Dowsett and Wilkinson 

I would agree with that as they don't look a big side given their  signings  so far. Although  His tactics will probably be wanting them to go around teams on the edges rather than through teams down the middle. 

18 hours ago, town4me said:

I would agree with that as they don't look a big side given their  signings  so far. Although  His tactics will probably be wanting them to go around teams on the edges rather than through teams down the middle. 

You can't be on about the same Gary Charlton who coached us then? He gets the absolute most out of every player but his whole tactic was 1 man rugby down the middle with the 4 biggest lads  Correct,Forward players, big pack, down the middle and we had 5 years of it at Town..

From an outsider and these players jump from Town to Haven or vice versa is the money so dramatically higher?if I was a player and the £ was a few hundred lower but the craic was far better at whichever club I wouldn’t move, surely when your playing League 1 the wages can’t be much different or can they?

I don’t believe it was money the main reason, the lad just wants to play and it sounds like he’s been told he’ll get less chance at town. Personally I’d have kept him and am disappointed he’s gone.

Good luck to him apart from in 3 games this season, tidy player with faultless commitment and effort.

Archived