Obituary Thread

There's already a thread about the death of Mathieu Khedimi, but the FFRXIII are also mourning the loss of the Catalans & Pia forward Henry Daniel, who was also part of the French side that beat beat the Kangaroos twice in 1978.

https://www.ffr13.fr/une-minute-dapplaudissements-ce-week-end-en-hommage-a-henri-daniel-mathieu-khedimi/ 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Former Bradford Northern and Halifax centre Graham Garrod.

Between 1978 and 1985, Garrod played 223 games for Fax. Some transformation in the club's fortunes during that period!

In a tweet, Halifax said they were "saddened" by the news, adding: "Graham was popular figure at Thrum Hall. Our condolences go out to his family and friends. Rest in peace, Graham."

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I was reading that Burt Young of Rocky fame died

Yes, last October. Very sad, because he brought a mixture of abrasiveness and pathos to the Rocky movies that really lifted them.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Yes, last October. Very sad, because he brought a mixture of abrasiveness and pathos to the Rocky movies that really lifted them.

He was excellent , although playing a slob like character he was a really talented actor 

Tony Clarkin, the founder of hard rock band Magnum, has died aged 77. The Birmingham-born musician served as the band's songwriter and guitarist for more than 50 years.

Magnum, who are due to release their 23rd studio album this week, recently cancelled an upcoming tour and revealed Clarkin had been diagnosed with a rare spinal condition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cy0ddex4z2ro

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shevington Sharks chairman Ian Robinson, back in last April.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

B-movie star Tisa Farrow died, aged 72. Her sister Mia may have made the more successful movies, but Tisa made weirder ones.

Peter Schickele aged 88, American composer and the musical humourist who created P.D.Q.Bach.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Jo El Sonnier 77

A bad couple of days for the music world.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Composer Laurie Johnson. Maybe best known to TRLers of a certain age for his piece Las Vegas, which was used as the theme tune to Animal Magic with Johnny Morris.

Ralph Waldo Emerson