new stadium - todays press

miaow

Ok a little bit early for specifics as they haven't dug a hole yet  but can we have seats with decent leg room and decent sized seats as well - like Wembley or Arsenal?

Also this is crying out for a Warrington type design of Standing down one side and one end - otherwise let's face it the seats opp the main stand will never be used and most fans who like to stand will be standing behind the goals - bit like Salford before they put away fans in the seats opp the main stand. Decisions like this are as important than just about any other they are due to make - it will define the stadium for the next 30 years.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see a lot of work going on either side of the reds&greyhound track,I popped into the clubs shop to get a couple of tickets for the newcastle game, and whilst there i had a really good crack with Richard about goings on with the new stadium.I cannot reveal what he said without firstly asking if it is ok to put on our forum,anyway,things are certainly moving fast, especially whats going to happen with the town ground and the speedway track,but i think it will certainly cheer every town supporter and the reds when i hopefully get the go ahead off Richard.Exciting times without a shadow of doubt..?

20 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

when i hopefully get the go ahead off Richard.Exciting times without a shadow of doubt..?

And hopefully you can keep us all updated Barry. Positive news on the 'stadium' is good reading......Incidentally, I still miss your Town training reports, not gonna resume these???

24 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Good to see a lot of work going on either side of the reds&greyhound track,I popped into the clubs shop to get a couple of tickets for the newcastle game, and whilst there i had a really good crack with Richard about goings on with the new stadium.I cannot reveal what he said without firstly asking if it is ok to put on our forum,anyway,things are certainly moving fast, especially whats going to happen with the town ground and the speedway track,but i think it will certainly cheer every town supporter and the reds when i hopefully get the go ahead off Richard.Exciting times without a shadow of doubt..?

Any news of the shareholders meeting last night trouty? 

28 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Any news of the shareholders meeting last night trouty? 

reds shareholders meeting is on 11th April. club has "apparently agreed in principle" subject to the EGM. 

pitch to be widened at DP and town to play a home game at BP while this work is ongoing I believe. 

ps. reds last game at BP will be Easter Monday v Lancaster city. 

35 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

reds shareholders meeting is on 11th April. club has "apparently agreed in principle" subject to the EGM. 

pitch to be widened at DP and town to play a home game at BP while this work is ongoing I believe. 

What is the capacity at BP now ? Is the Derwent end still being used ? I can see that game being a complete sell out I would imagine it will be all ticket.

3 hours ago, Chrome Dome said:

And hopefully you can keep us all updated Barry. Positive news on the 'stadium' is good reading......Incidentally, I still miss your Town training reports, not gonna resume these???

Sorry,No more from posting updates on town training.Pity????

2 hours ago, rockerlad said:

It was town's last night rockerlad that's the meeting I am referring to Marra. 

Relaying of the pitch at DP to commence after Easter, no home games to be played during May, so it's possible Town's home match with Hunslet will be played elsewhere, or possibly postponed, there's plenty of free dates!

It will be great to have a big pitch, after all we have all the room in the world so make it as big as possible.

Will be interesting to see Town play at the reds but even more to see the reds play at Derwent Park - I may even go to a Reds game myself.

6 hours ago, Nero said:

Relaying of the pitch at DP to commence after Easter, no home games to be played during May, so it's possible Town's home match with Hunslet will be played elsewhere, or possibly postponed, there's plenty of free dates!

We are suppose to be playing a game or 2 at BP.

33 minutes ago, Nero said:

When I heard there was to be no games at DP in May, there was no mention of playing games anywhere else. 

I do not think anyone mentioned about any games anywhere else Ron,i personally said THEY might them  play them on Borough park but no one said it was a given?.If the club beats Newcastle and gets  a home draw it would make sense to play on the reds ground whilst our ground will not be available....

Has some of might know,the post I put on regarding Workington towns work on the town pitch and the speedway track has been removed has it was not for publication.I received the news in good faith but not realising it was to be kept incognito,i was told all the news has friends do in a natter about how well the club was doing and on the future of our ground and the new stadium,i would like to apologise to my friend for relaying the news to me and  informing our members who are crying out for any info they can get about our club.I also apologised to  our Chairman and the board for giving misinformation out on the forum but given in good faith not to stir things up,anyway,i will now refrain from posting updates to the forum has it just seems to get turned round by someone who does not like info given out about our club whether it's right or wrong.I also say sorry to you lads&lasses who visit our forum for any misleading information?..Troutmaster…..  

7 minutes ago, town blue said:

Is relaying the pitch correct? What is the point of spending money on this when we are supposed to be moving out by 2021? In addition I thought the Comets were only taking 12 months out - where will they hold their events if they come back?

not wide enough or football quality

Archived