Rochdale

Bearman

2 hours ago, Raiderfan79 said:

Probably the route the board wanted to avoid really but out of intrest which super league clubs are left that dont have a duel reg partnership 

H K R  are available , but geographically doesn't make sense for you .

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Rfl should stop duel reg,make every club have a reserve team simple.

I think if Super League teams can be letting 5 or 6 players out on D/R, they certainly should have a reserve team. They could give local amateurs the chance to play and make up the squads, they might even unearth a gem. The argument against of course, is the cost, but considering the D/R players are already on the wage bill, I think that argument is invalid.

5 hours ago, Michael Ashton said:

The order of the next league matches is Widnes-h, Toulouse-a, Swinton-h, Leigh-a, Toronto-h, Bradford-a, Fev-h, Fax-a

This takes us to 5th May and there is CC as well. Difficult to see where our next win is going to come from. Maybe Swinton??

I'm sure I'm being too pessimistic. Let's hope so.

That's a tough 8 games you got coming up. Can't see you winning any of them so your next win will be against our lot at your place. 

12 minutes ago, mack619 said:

Here is a list of DR....https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League_Dual_registration#Clubs

That is not an up to date list. York do not have a D/R arrangement with HKR this season. It also says some clubs have a dual D/R arrangement, how the hell does the recipient club cope with that?

To be quite honest dual reg I think if the club involved want it then go for it our club have gone for champagne signings which so far have been more like a pint of shandy ,all ask for by the coach .people are saying all about dual reg beating us ?? That’s 4- 5 people not involved with the club, yet they perform ok. Our club have played the lesser clubs so far have one point at home then two away very poor for a team that has spent so much money I’ve been a fan since 71 and this is the worst team entertainment wise I’ve seen .blame penalty’s dropped balls knock on or slow play the ball but it all is down to the coach .ive been to 2 at home 2away not enjoyed one game to be honest 

49 minutes ago, mack619 said:

Im so sorry I didnt realise it was not up to date. Is there an up to date one you could post? I cannot answer how the recipient club deals with that situation. It was my first post on here as the Raiders said they needed more interaction. I wont post again and will just read the posts in future. Best wishes for the rest if the season. COYR.

Don’t apologise and don’t be disheartened. Continue posting - whoever and wherever you are! Any and all interaction is good. The club have been harping on about social media activity for next years funding. I think they mean Facebook and twitter but posting here gets a hype too. ???

8 hours ago, jcd said:

To be quite honest dual reg I think if the club involved want it then go for it our club have gone for champagne signings which so far have been more like a pint of shandy ,all ask for by the coach .people are saying all about dual reg beating us ?? That’s 4- 5 people not involved with the club, yet they perform ok. Our club have played the lesser clubs so far have one point at home then two away very poor for a team that has spent so much money I’ve been a fan since 71 and this is the worst team entertainment wise I’ve seen .blame penalty’s dropped balls knock on or slow play the ball but it all is down to the coach .ive been to 2 at home 2away not enjoyed one game to be honest 

I have been a supporter just as long and if this is the worst team you can remember you have a very selective memory. 

10 hours ago, mack619 said:

Im so sorry I didnt realise it was not up to date. Is there an up to date one you could post? I cannot answer how the recipient club deals with that situation. It was my first post on here as the Raiders said they needed more interaction. I wont post again and will just read the posts in future. Best wishes for the rest if the season. COYR.

Hi ,please don't stop posting, it was just unfortunate the link was out of date, and my comment was an observation, not a criticism. The more posters, hence opinions, are what makes a good forum. Sadly I don't have a current link, but I am sure somebody on here will find one. Keep the posts coming

I've always been against DR like a lot of people but when you see that Rochdale played 5 DR players yesterday and Doncaster had 3 from Hull maybe it's time to change minds. I see that Rochdale played Livett from Warrington yesterday. He played some very good stuff in SL last season. Maybe Wigan would come to our rescue.

Don't need to go down the duel reg route, just need our own players to buck up and cut out the schoolboy errors. Got a hell of a good squad but at the moment something's not right and performances have been on the whole poor.

D/R is allowed, and if clubs choose to use it,then they need to manage it well. Leigh had 4 or maybe 5 Saints playing yesterday, Fev. will have had a few, Rochdale 5 and Donny 3. I'm sure others used them too.

I am not a fan of D/R, even though York used it last season, but if it is allowed, maybe a few provisos should be added.

1. No more than 3 D/R in any match day squad

2. No players allowed to D/R if they have been included in more than (say) 6 match day squads in a higher league

3. No D/R for players over a certain age (23)?

4. No D/R with more than 1 club

Small things like this might encourage some clubs to build from within, and while it may be painful in the short term, clubs would learn to stand on their own feet and encourage younger, and local amateurs to give it a go.

I am not knocking any of the clubs who used D/R yesterday, but if these players were not available next week, could they raise a team?

21 hours ago, spanishknight said:

York aren't D/R with anyone

Neither are Dewsbury and Batley.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

37 minutes ago, boro hornet said:

Can i just put the record straight Hornets had 4 Duel reg and one loan player.

It must be disheartening for the players who lose their places just because someone from Wigan; Warrington etc walks straight into there side due to people believing that because they come from a team from a higher league they must be better than the players already there.

One of the players who missed out on Sunday was the player coach who would have brought the DR in.

Most of the DR have played a number of matches and train with the squad. These players wouldnt be playing and could be lost to the game.

Without reserves DR keeps players within the game. Some of those came to Hornets as young players and continued to learn their trade then gone on to be first choice SL  players.

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

3 minutes ago, boro hornet said:

One of the players who missed out on Sunday was the player coach who would have brought the DR in.

Most of the DR have played a number of matches and train with the squad. These players wouldnt be playing and could be lost to the game.

Without reserves DR keeps players within the game. Some of those came to Hornets as young players and continued to learn their trade then gone on to be first choice SL  players.

I agree we don't want to lose players , but they wouldn't be lost if there was a reserve league. Like you say, young players have learnt the game then moved into S.L., but once they have progressed, then bringing them back on D/R stops the next crop of youngsters coming through. D/R can be very good for developing young players, but established SL players on D/R, in my opinion, defeats the object. 

On 3/3/2019 at 11:57 PM, jcd said:

As opposed to 2005 were we won 1 game all season and probably conceded on average 50 points a game? 

How can you off 4 games state this is the worst team you've seen since 1971? You need at least 8 or 9 games to properly measure it. 

I said the team entertainment wise, is the worst. barrow I’ve seen we have  always been known for fast open rugby  not 5 drives down the middle week in week out just depressing to watch 

Archived