Saints Invincibles?

Bradford won their first twenty SL games in 1997, clinching the title before losing the last two. Not sure if anybody has got nearer than that to an unbeaten league season.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

23 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

In the next six to eight weeks, we’ve got Cas, Catalans and Wigan Away and Warrington, Hull (the Easter Monday crapathon of a game) and Catalans at home. 

Some big games there, especially on the road. Cas have started off very well, Catalans has been a bogey ground in the past and Wigan is on Good Friday and we’ve been awful on Good Friday for years.

Throw in Warrington at home, who look okay but haven’t got into first gear yet, Hull, as I’ve mentioned above is the Easter Monday game which is an awful round as it is, so could go either way and Catalans, whilst they’re not great travellers, cannot be written off. 

Think there’s at least one defeat in that lot, maybe two. 

Well, we did beat Wigan at home on Good Friday last year.  Granted it was the first time in something like a decade that we won a Good Friday match but it's encouraging that we have the same coach and pretty much the same team this year and so the chances are we may even be able to win two Good Friday games on the trot.  Y'never know!

6 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Round 1: Pies punched

Round 2: Wakey whacked

Round 3: Rhinos hunted

Round 4: Devils exorcised

Round 5: Broncos bucked

Round 6: ???

It is ON!

Round 6: More Cowbell 

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

6 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Round 1: Pies punched

Round 2: Wakey whacked

Round 3: Rhinos hunted

Round 4: Devils exorcised

Round 5: Broncos bucked

Round 6: ???

It is ON!

You beat Wakey by 6 and Leeds by 5, you haven’t whacked or hunted anybody. 

I the league was only ten games or Saints fans got air powered the team then maybe, personally I see you being just as humiliated this year as last - Saints RL great chokers!

I predicted early doors last season (on the guardian comments page) when Stains were knocking everyone over that they wouldn't win anything of note and so it came to pass.

This season, who knows, still too early to make any predictions but weak/relegation fodder teams like Wigan and Leeds will help their cause for some easy points.

29 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

You beat Wakey by 6 and Leeds by 5, you haven’t whacked or hunted anybody. 

I the league was only ten games or Saints fans got air powered the team then maybe, personally I see you being just as humiliated this year as last - Saints RL great chokers!

Haha, I’ve had you off here, mate if you’re really getting upset! ?

Archived