The Masters....anyone watching Woods?

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

If you’re watching golf everyone watches Woods a lot of the time 

if your watching golf you need to have a really serious look at your life to see where it went wrong.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Sorry to any golfers out there, but I'm with Mark Twain on golf: it's a good walk, spoiled. Boring as hell!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Just nearly made an unbelievable putt....think he might do this

He did.

And that is quite possibly the greatest comeback in the history of individual (as opposed to team) sport.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

He did.

And that is quite possibly the greatest comeback in the history of individual (as opposed to team) sport.

Yeah pretty impressive to go through back surgery and doubt that he’ll ever play competitive golf again. To performing like that against the best players in the world. 

12 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Sorry to any golfers out there, but I'm with Mark Twain on golf: it's a good walk, spoiled. Boring as hell!

Each to his own, I say. Remarkable career come back and the guy seems to have brought enjoyment to many, not all of them golfers...fnar,  fnar. ??.  

However, if the huddled masses were not watching this, they'd only be out on the streets getting the way of the rest of us.  I tried to like the game, , oh how I tried . I took lesson after lesson until the instructor finally found out what was wrong. Apparently,  I was standing too close to the ball. ....after I'd hit it.

28 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Each to his own, I say. Remarkable career come back and the guy seems to have brought enjoyment to many, not all of them golfers...fnar,  fnar. ??.  

However, if the huddled masses were not watching this, they'd only be out on the streets getting the way of the rest of us.  I tried to like the game, , oh how I tried . I took lesson after lesson until the instructor finally found out what was wrong. Apparently,  I was standing too close to the ball. ....after I'd hit it.

Yep, unbelievably frustrating game....especially as my sporting prowess has always been with the biff rather than finesse. More or less given up myself but what a comeback from Tiger

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

This fellah might have something to say about that

george-foreman1.jpg

He's an inspiration to us all.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I was rooting for Molinari , and the guy is so cool and robotic his errors were a big shock . Personally I don’t like woods . His behaviour , demeanour and  arrogance haven’t made him very likeable in the past and he’s probably more respected than anything more personable , but you can’t deny his amazing comeback and steely competitive determination . Just like in his prime he intimidated and crushed them with his game and aura on the course 

Archived