1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Brexit Party
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Change UK (formerly Independent Group)
    • Greens
    • Other
  2. 2. Is this a different party from who you’d vote for if Brexit didn’t exist?

• Yes, my vote is different because of Brexit
    • No, this is who I’d vote for if Brexit suddenly disappeared

14 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

Stumped by one very simple, straight forward question.

Also, man standing in an election to the EU parliament complaining about "unelected bureaucrats". Clueless.

What a surprise. One issue party has no other policy.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Trojan said:

What a surprise. One issue party has no other policy.

And they obviously know very little about that single issue.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I'm not saying they have enough votes for individual countries to leave the EU but if, as predicted (https://www.ecfr.eu/specials/scorecard/the_2019_European_election), anti-EU parties get over 1/3 of the seats in the EU Parliament, the EU will have issues doing anything. 

However, polls can be wrong 

Will they take their seats? Turn up and vote? Ukip just pocketed their paycheques and couldn't be bothered standing up for the UK. Thus, they could shout and bluster ... but then have no effect on the actual outcome in the European Parliament.

It's one of the reasons why it'd be useful to know what the Brexit Party's actual plans are.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Will they take their seats? Turn up and vote? Ukip just pocketed their paycheques and couldn't be bothered standing up for the UK. Thus, they could shout and bluster ... but then have no effect on the actual outcome in the European Parliament.

It's one of the reasons why it'd be useful to know what the Brexit Party's actual plans are.

Nobody is supposed to be taking their seats.  We shouldn't even have been involved in this £100 million farce of an election.  May has turned us into a joke.  

The Brexit Party's actual plan is to show MPs of Britain's two main Westminster parties that people want Brexit.  That's the reason the Brexit Party exists.  The clue is in the name.

6 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Nobody is supposed to be taking their seats.  We shouldn't even have been involved in this £100 million farce of an election.  May has turned us into a joke.  

The Brexit Party's actual plan is to show MPs of Britain's two main Westminster parties that people want Brexit.  That's the reason the Brexit Party exists.  The clue is in the name.

No, leave voters turned us into a joke.

May’s just supplying a punchline.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 hours ago, Saintslass said:

So democracy is a joke to you then?

In 2016, a few did predictions on this board.

I assumed we would end up with a Norway model, as nothing else was practical and would lead end to hopeless division. I got that wrong, but not completely.  

I thought people who believed in unicorns and rainbows would cling harder and feel betrayed rather than accept realism. I was bang on. 

I thought Farage would be back to capitalise on this “betrayal” as the returned leader of UKIP. Wrong, but not completely. 

I did not foresee ardent Leave MPs blocky Brexit as they have have done. And the lack of self criticism from many (not all) Leave supporters is even more extreme than I expected.  

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

15 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

It's not just Britain where an anti-EU party lead the polls. The Netherlands, France, Italy, Poland and the Czech Republic also have anti-EU parties leading the way, while there is a rise in other countries too. 

Even if/when we leave the EU, their problems seem to be increasing with the rise of anti-EU feeling. 

If the EU is worth staying in, why is there a seemly continental rise in anti-EU parties? Is it purely down to more racists being of voting age? 

Pro EU parties are doing very well in the polls too.  The parties in the middle seem to be taking a hit.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

8 hours ago, Bob8 said:

In 2016, a few did predictions on this thread. 

I assumed we would end up with a Norway model, as nothing else was practical and would lead end to hopeless division. I got that wrong, but not completely.  

I thought people who believed in unicorns and rainbows would cling harder and feel betrayed rather than accept realism. I was bang on. 

I thought Farage would be back to capitalise on this “betrayal” as the returned leader of UKIP. Wrong, but not completely. 

I did not foresee ardent Leave MPs blocky Brexit as they have have done. And the lack of self criticism from many (not all) Leave supporters is even more extreme than I expected.  

This thread wasn't open in 2016.

9 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Just the voters who keep stamping their feet demanding the impossible, who then sob about being betrayed when it doesn’t arrive.

They, and those who continue to promise the lies to them, are the joke.

11 hours ago, Saintslass said:

No, all the liars, charlatans and criminals turned our democracy into a joke by buying the victory.  And there’s not a single defamatory comment in that first paragraph, they are proven liars, proven charlatans and convicted criminals over the narrow area of the referendum and its outcome.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

4 hours ago, Saintslass said:

This thread wasn't open in 2016.

That is the reply of a lady who knows she is talking nonsense and is determined to block out reality. 

May put forward a Leave bill it was rejected by Leavers too. That is why we are still in. In reality, actions have consequences. It might be admirable to deny it, but it a clear rule. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

12 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Is Farage a Tory now? Just wondered why this is on this thread?

Moved to this thread now!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

8 hours ago, ckn said:

No, all the liars, charlatans and criminals turned our democracy into a joke by buying the victory.  And there’s not a single defamatory comment in that first paragraph, they are proven liars, proven charlatans and convicted criminals over the narrow area of the referendum and its outcome.

Last time I looked, something like 47.5% of members who voted in the associated poll at the head of this topic said that they would vote for parties whose declared policy was to leave the EU.

However, this topic, and ones on similar subjects. are overwhelming dominated by contributions from a disproportionately low number of remainers.   With angry and intemperate posts like the above, is it any wonder that so may Leavers don't bother responding, choosing instead to avoid the implied guilt-by-association. Looks like a few people are just angry they are not getting their way.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Last time I looked, something like 47.5% of members who voted in the associated poll at the head of this topic said that they would vote for parties whose declared policy was to leave the EU.

However, this topic, and ones on similar subjects. are overwhelming dominated by contributions from a disproportionately low number of remainers.   With angry and intemperate posts like the above, is it any wonder that so may Leavers don't bother responding, choosing instead to avoid the implied guilt-by-association. Looks like a few people are just angry they are not getting their way.

How's it angry and intemperate?  It's a blunt statement of fact.  Not like the lies that persist to even today from the proven liars and charlatans?  I refuse to accept any blame for Leave voters who refuse to see that their side lied to them repeatedly and on a scale that makes Iraq's Comical Ali seem like a boring Open University 1970s TV lecturer.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Plenty are trying to have sensible debates, inviting opinion and get nothing but smart alec comments in reply. 

I refer you to my posts trying to get my head round some polling figures as a recent example.

I've noticed that Leavers tend to be people who use the foulest language against anyone who doubts that Brexit is a good thing.  Not on here of course, but on threads on other social media, I've received some really nasty abuse, including threats of violence.  I never see the same from Remainers.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

I've noticed that Leavers tend to be people who use the foulest language against anyone who doubts that Brexit is a good thing.  Not on here of course, but on threads on other social media, I've received some really nasty abuse, including threats of violence.  I never see the same from Remainers.

Whereas all the abuse I have received on social media has been from remainers.

5 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Whereas all the abuse I have received on social media has been from remainers.

Threats of violence of the "we know where you live" type?  Rude, crude and insulting language?  Because I've never seen that on thread about Brexit except from fanatical Leavers.

Clement Attlee.

19 hours ago, Bob8 said:

That is the reply of a lady who knows she is talking nonsense and is determined to block out reality. 

May put forward a Leave bill it was rejected by Leavers too. That is why we are still in. In reality, actions have consequences. It might be admirable to deny it, but it a clear rule. 

I think you need to stop being rude in every post you make in response to me.

Archived