1895 cup

1 hour ago, Thunder fan said:

no mention of the games this weekend in the 1895 cup on sky or the bbc websites, its like the games are not even being played, fixtures for this weekend dont show any 1895 cup games taking place.

Which highlights the interest in this daft competition 

All they had to do was stage the game before the CC final and everyone would have been up for it. Playing in front of a big crowd who would have all up for a couple of great games, and depending on teams involved could have put an other 5 to 10K on the final attendance.

As it's now just an afterthought it's pretty embarrassing playing a game after the final in a near empty stadium - RL just keeps getting the basics wrong.

I've got my tickets and wont be staying on after the CC final even if my team get to the 1895 final as we have plans at night time. Will be a very sad sight I suspect seeing the crowds stream out as they kick off.

Its really not too late to change things so they should just swallow their pride and make it happen.

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Hang on a minute... The 1895 Cup Final is scheduled to take place AFTER the CCF?! 

Seriously?!

You couldn't make this up. 

I thought it was a curtain raiser? Is this a recent switch or have I just not paid attention?

Lines for you BOY , repeat 1,000 times " I must pay attention in class " 

14 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Serious question to those planning to go to the Challenge Cup final , how many of you will be staying on to watch the 1895 Cup ?

It’s a no from me and I live in the South East so it’s not exactly like I have a pre-booked train or coach. 

If it was pre-the big match, I’d probably go in and watch the second half but I’m not hanging around after for another two hours, kicking about in a massive stadium like that. 

For the CCF, we always get a bunch early bird tickets in the front row of the upper tier, which are a bargain for a very good view, which means I can afford to hand out a couple of freebies to friends .

I don't suppose the mechanics of crowd management at Wembley would allow this, but if it was possible to move down into the lower bowl for the 1895 final once many of the CCF fans have left, I might consider staying for it. A bit like you can move around at magic. 

But as anyone who tried to stay and watch the second World Cup semi in 2013 will attest, once the lower bowl empties, you feel like you're watching from another stadium up top. 

7 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

For the CCF, we always get a bunch early bird tickets in the front row of the upper tier, which are a bargain for a very good view, which means I can afford to hand out a couple of freebies to friends .

I don't suppose the mechanics of crowd management at Wembley would allow this, but if it was possible to move down into the lower bowl for the 1895 final once many of the CCF fans have left, I might consider staying for it. A bit like you can move around at magic. 

But as anyone who tried to stay and watch the second World Cup semi in 2013 will attest, once the lower bowl empties, you feel like you're watching from another stadium up top. 

I know thats possible at Millenium, me and my dad did it for the game after the wc opener in 2013, actually makes sense to allow this imo if the second game is not the marquee fixture.

As you say though I'm not sure Wembley is set up in such a way this can be done.

Archived