Barcelona TRL Meet Up

removed

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 21:22, Yorkie44 said:

Still undecided whether to don my York shirt or Catalan shirt, I'm guessing I might not stand out in my Catalan one though ?. Might just go for a Lokos one to totally confuse any rugby fans!

I don t have any RL club shirts so I may wear my Fulham FC shirt.

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 13:06, andyscoot said:

We're just playing it by ear. We land at half 9 in the morning. There is a group on facebook recommending places but predictably it's mostly Irish/English bars which I'll be avoiding like the plague.

My flight from Heathrow arrived at 0910. Local commuter train to Passeig de Gracia then two hours walk near the beach. Now in the Black Lab brew pub on the old port. Six euros for a pint of really good 7.4 percent English IPA or about 6 other beers on tap.Now having a 6.5 percent Strawberry IPA.

Great place for a meet up tomorrow night about 9pm.

Wigan have organised a meet up on a square just off Las ramblas Friday 2pm 4pm. Details on Wigan website. Arrived yesterday our hotel already has quite a few in for the game. Met folk from Bury, Birmingham and of course Wigan. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

57 minutes ago, Padge said:

Wigan have organised a meet up on a square just off Las ramblas Friday 2pm 4pm. Details on Wigan website. Arrived yesterday our hotel already has quite a few in for the game. Met folk from Bury, Birmingham and of course Wigan. 

Must be Placa Reial I think. Beautiful square . I ll try to make it but I m going to  Sagrada Familia at 11am then Parc Guell.

2 hours ago, bazzzz65 said:

My flight from Heathrow arrived at 0910. Local commuter train to Passeig de Gracia then two hours walk near the beach. Now in the Black Lab brew pub on the old port. Six euros for a pint of really good 7.4 percent English IPA or about 6 other beers on tap.Now having a 6.5 percent Strawberry IPA.

Great place for a meet up tomorrow night about 9pm.

I should clarify, half 9 on Saturday morning. Enjoy the build up

Must be Placa Reial I think. Beautiful square . I ll try to make it but I m going to  Sagrada Familia at 11am then Parc Guell.

That's the place

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Have a great weekend everyone. These things are ''once in a lifetime'' events. 

On 16/05/2019 at 17:44, Padge said:

That's the place

Good turn out yesterday afternoon. And the rain stopped!! 

23 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Have a great weekend everyone. These things are ''once in a lifetime'' events. 

They really are. It's been a fantastic weekend so far and I really hope it's repeated. I've met loads of RL fans so far and this match has really attracted Rugby League fans from all over. Barcelona is a fantastic city and a great place to spend a weekend too.

Good turn out yesterday afternoon. And the rain stopped!! 

Then as soon is the team left it started. 

5 hours ago, Damien said:

They really are. It's been a fantastic weekend so far and I really hope it's repeated. I've met loads of RL fans so far and this match has really attracted Rugby League fans from all over. Barcelona is a fantastic city and a great place to spend a weekend too.

Even if they repeat it next year it won’t attract the RL neutrals in the same numbers this one has.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Even if they repeat it next year it won’t attract the RL neutrals in the same numbers this one has.

Why not? 

It's a first, possibly a one off and it will therefore just be a regular season game. 

11 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Just walked past the Hard Rock Cafe - plenty of Wigan fans in there. 

Well, there's nothing like soaking up the local culture after a game.

Personallly I'm chilling in a Catellafels bar with a bottle of Vino Tinto and explaining to the confused locals what RL is.

1 minute ago, Whippet13 said:

Personallly I'm chilling in a Catallafels bar with a bottle of Vino Tinto and explaining to the confused locals what RL is.

It’s a bit like that when I go to east Hull but without the vino tinto. 

rldfsignature.jpg

9 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Personallly I'm chilling in a Catellafels bar with a bottle of Vino Tinto and explaining to the confused locals what RL is.

We just walked up from a tapas bar in Neteta area. 

Showing what is a very clear and Barcelona  focused match programme from the game  breaks down many language barriers. Its in French, English and Catalan. Not a word of Spanish.

Archived