Jambo Express.

Seaton Sandy

58 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Bar money up, gate money down. 

Every pint has a mark up too mate and bar staff to pay so is it really worth it.? 

Each person in for £10 has to drink say 2 pints to cover the difference. But of each of those pints only £1.50 is profit. 

So in effect have to have 4 pints to breakeven and another 4 to make any decent profit. 

The benefit is though and i like that you're trying things is to change habits and get people in the ground earlier and putting kids games etc all adds to it. 

Just not sure the Maths add up. 

Won’t even be £1.50 profit. Agree with the principle though. Although you’re actually costing yourself money if they don’t drink those 4 pints before 3pm.

I think some of the locals are showing that the ex coach shouldn’t have ditched them. Not sure many could cut it in the league above though, they couldn’t last time.

And gates will go down next season as the hangers on will drop off when the team isn’t winning every week, that was proven at Town when they were in Championship.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m only interested in us and we desperately need to pick up and get on a big run , it’s got to start happening now to give everyone a lift . Everything’s just been flat even with many fans you meet . 

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m only interested in us and we desperately need to pick up and get on a big run , it’s got to start happening now to give everyone a lift . Everything’s just been flat even with many fans you meet . 

Why do you think its flat David, you've been around a fair while.? 

Weve got Wales then 2 home games, hopefully squeeze out all 6 points. 

I was massively encouraged by the 4 in the against column, shows not only recognise our problem (not hard) but then get a response and done something about it. 

Hunslet then go Thunder and rack up 30+ so that's encouraging. 

I'm looking forward to hearing from both coaches Friday night. 

Long way to go this season for us and a new era for the reds too. 

1 hour ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Bar money up, gate money down. 

Every pint has a mark up too mate and bar staff to pay so is it really worth it.? 

Each person in for £10 has to drink say 2 pints to cover the difference. But of each of those pints only £1.50 is profit. 

So in effect have to have 4 pints to breakeven and another 4 to make any decent profit. 

The benefit is though and i like that you're trying things is to change habits and get people in the ground earlier and putting kids games etc all adds to it. 

Just not sure the Maths add up. 

According to a work mate who sponsors haven most of the money on draught beer goes back to Carlsberg as part of the emergency loan they gave haven last season, so i imagine ot would take a lot more than 4 pints each to make a profit on the reduced entry

14 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Why do you think its flat David, you've been around a fair while.? 

Weve got Wales then 2 home games, hopefully squeeze out all 6 points. 

I was massively encouraged by the 4 in the against column, shows not only recognise our problem (not hard) but then get a response and done something about it. 

Hunslet then go Thunder and rack up 30+ so that's encouraging. 

I'm looking forward to hearing from both coaches Friday night. 

Long way to go this season for us and a new era for the reds too. 

Expectations were high to begin with . We invested to get promoted or nothing this year , and with the onset of a new franchise next year it raised the stakes . In reality we’ve just never got going for various reasons , I think weve largely been very average and even with injuries we’ve underachieved . We’ve actually got a zero points difference . It’s not that long a haul in this league and every step back from now gives you less n less wiggle room . These next 7 games we’ve got to be looking at winning 6 to the next derby . I’m enthused by the new coach and this mini gap has given him more time to get over his ideas . We need players back and more strength but we must start hitting our straps and up it in all areas . We’re to inconsistent week to week and in games , and we need to be the opposite 

2 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

Overheard Forrester last night saying theres no way he will play in the Championship if they go up. Just an example of how you would need to rebuild

Why would he not want to test himself at a higher level ? Certainly enjoying his rugby this year been unreal for us 

36 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Expectations were high to begin with . We invested to get promoted or nothing this year , and with the onset of a new franchise next year it raised the stakes . In reality we’ve just never got going for various reasons , I think weve largely been very average and even with injuries we’ve underachieved . We’ve actually got a zero points difference . It’s not that long a haul in this league and every step back from now gives you less n less wiggle room . These next 7 games we’ve got to be looking at winning 6 to the next derby . I’m enthused by the new coach and this mini gap has given him more time to get over his ideas . We need players back and more strength but we must start hitting our straps and up it in all areas . We’re to inconsistent week to week and in games , and we need to be the opposite 

I was as enthused as the next man when we acquired the services of Leon Pryce ,a player with a stellar career both domestically and at international level but ,as is often the case, playing talents don't always translate to coaching and man-management. 

There are three players at Haven who I wish were still on Town's books - James Newton, Jake Moore , and Sam Forrester. Naturally all three had a point to prove and they are delivering accordingly. My hopes are now pinned on Thorman engaging with the current squad and our new local recruits to bring us back into contention. Optimism is a necessity for all Town die-hards.......

1 hour ago, GeordieTownie said:

Won’t even be £1.50 profit. Agree with the principle though. Although you’re actually costing yourself money if they don’t drink those 4 pints before 3pm.

I think some of the locals are showing that the ex coach shouldn’t have ditched them. Not sure many could cut it in the league above though, they couldn’t last time.

And gates will go down next season as the hangers on will drop off when the team isn’t winning every week, that was proven at Town when they were in Championship.

So should both Haven/Town just give up then,because if you don't want to seek to improve what's the point ?

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Although we have a zero points difference, I think we’re the only side who hasn’t played west wales so it’s probably fairer to judge that at the half way point.

25 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Although we have a zero points difference, I think we’re the only side who hasn’t played west wales so it’s probably fairer to judge that at the half way point.

That is a fair point yes 

Get this Leigh match out of way,then concentrate on league watch us start n gain confidence n move up the league. I think Chris thorman as got the coaching experience n pedigree to get us going, and get 1 or 2 players back over next couple weeks. Defence massively improved last game, looking forward to rest of season.

3 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

Our recruitment for next year has already started regardless what division we’re in, 2 props south of county heading home.

One of them isn't exactly heading "home"  if he is joining you. He  Will be  if he joins us though ?

1 hour ago, Annon said:

@gillmeister you heard any news of haven trying to sign a couple of young lads from Seaton and one from distington? A couple who are on our radar so I’m lead to believe. 

Both clubs are really good at approaching me first when they want to talk to Seaton amateurs and I’ve had nothing so I’d say from a Seaton point of view that’s not accurate but it’s a situation that could change quickly 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

53 minutes ago, town4me said:

One of them isn't exactly heading "home"  if he is joining you. He  Will be  if he joins us though ?

Sounds like Barrow fans would gift wrap and hand deliver one of them 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Archived