Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

RFL CEO Ralph Rimmer on Rugby League Back Chat - watch it online here

Recommended Posts

spacer.png

The Rugby Football League’s CEO Ralph Rimmer joins the debate on Rugby League Back Chat this week as he’s grilled on the North American project, the 1895 Cup and the need for a new TV deal.

Plus, are Mr Rimmer and his counterpart Mr Elstone at Super League, actually on speaking terms?

The speculation mounts on the occupiers of the Super League relegation zone but aren’t the Leeds Rhinos really just what the Championship needs?

Also at the debate table with host Matt Shaw are Martyn Sadler and Phil Caplan.

Watch the show this Thursday 27th June at 5pm on FreeSports.

Check the Freesports website for full schedule and details on how to receive the channel.

Rugby League Back Chat is sponsored by TotalRL.com and is also available on YouTube and via TotalRL.com from 9.30am each Saturday following its original TV broadcast.


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/06/2019 at 01:22, John Drake said:

spacer.png

The Rugby Football League’s CEO Ralph Rimmer joins the debate on Rugby League Back Chat this week as he’s grilled on the North American project, the 1895 Cup and the need for a new TV deal.

Plus, are Mr Rimmer and his counterpart Mr Elstone at Super League, actually on speaking terms?

The speculation mounts on the occupiers of the Super League relegation zone but aren’t the Leeds Rhinos really just what the Championship needs?

Also at the debate table with host Matt Shaw are Martyn Sadler and Phil Caplan.

Watch the show this Thursday 27th June at 5pm on FreeSports.

Check the Freesports website for full schedule and details on how to receive the channel.

Rugby League Back Chat is sponsored by TotalRL.com and is also available on YouTube and via TotalRL.com from 9.30am each Saturday following its original TV broadcast.

To be honest he always comes over well on TV for me.

Its what he does when he's not on TV is worrying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re active rather than pro active,frankly little idea of what he does all day,other than send out e-mails saying this really is your last chance to buy a cheap ticket.Bluntly appears to be a middle manager,promoted beyond his ability,no idea what his strategy actually is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cookey said:

Bluntly appears to be a middle manager, promoted beyond his ability

Comes across as more of a chairman than chief executive to me IYSWIM. Pleasant enough chap but not exactly a dynamic man with a plan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was an interesting discussion as it is most weeks to be fair. I agree with MoK that I'm still undecided on whether Rimmer is suited to the top job but was interesting to see a lot of the thought processes behind say Ottawa and NYC. Slightly disappointed he wasn't pressed further on the point of why Ottawa wouldn't be starting in 2020, I think we all know they needed confirmation by mid April yet didn't the meeting for the clubs views only take place then or even later iirc. The shambles that is this GB tour and England not having any games this year I think could have been pressed as much of the split talk is going over old ground. IMO those are the sort of stuff is where the RFL need to be pressed by legitimate and polite sources not just twitter and facebook.

Overall though I enjoyed the show very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time I’ve watched the show in its current guise since the days sat on the stools in a bar!

Enjoyed it overall - agree Rimmer wasn’t pressed hard enough on some issues ... like the 1895 Cup ... he was challenged on KO being after the main game at Wembley but he was allowed to give a generic ‘we’ll listen’ answer when its an obvious own goal!! And he said one of his criteria was people being able to get back to the North in a timely fashion ... playing after doesn’t deliver that!

Had potential to be great, but overall it was good.  Like the fact it’s available as a podcast so will add it my weekly download on today’s experience in addition to 5live and Forty20.

Edited by Odsal Outlaw
  • Like 1

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched it yesterday and enjoyed the programme.

However, there is just something about Ralph Rimmer that I find disconcerting. I was thinking that if I walked into a used car showroom, and he was trying to sell me a car, I just wouldn't believe a thing he told me. It's that mixture of fixed supercilious smile, together with his repeatedly generic and formulaic responses.

I'm sure he's a decent enough bloke, but he just doesn't inspire me with confidence as the figurehead of Rugby League in this country.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/06/2019 at 08:53, The Future is League said:

To be honest he always comes over well on TV for me.

Its what he does when he's not on TV is worrying

Yeah he’s better in the media than Wood was but I don’t think he’s the right man to be in charge of the sport

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...