NFL / NCAA 2019

2 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Patriots, Jets, Bills, Fin - Bills will be ok. Miami will be awful 

Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders - Easy pick really.

Steelers, Browns, Ravens, Bengals - Browns will be next year. Steelers will be ok, lost a lot of games on kicks last year

Colts, Texans, Jags, Titans - If Luck is not fit then... Mariota is garbage

Wild cards - Chargers & Browns/Ravens

Eagles, Cows, Giants, Redskins - Redskins are truly awful. Giants not much better. Don't like Zak

Vikings, Bears, Packers, Lions - Could go either way. Very close as always

Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Bucs - Brees is gone, but i can't see Cam lasting a season. Falcons could actually win this.

Rams, Hawks, 9ers, Cards - Cards could do well early. Jimmy G yet to do it

Wild cards - Based on the above, Falcons & Hawks but it could be anyone here. 

Championship games

Colts v Chiefs

Rams v Eagles

Cheers!  Some interesting picks.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

Andrew Luck announces his retirement to as he stated " remove himself from the cycle of pain."

He's not even 30 yet. With the amount of money players make and the hits that modern players take I wouldn't be surprised if more players under 30 decide that enough is enough and get out before injuries take too much of a toll.

28 minutes ago, bazzzz65 said:

Can t see beyond Alabama and Clemson yet again for the NCAA championship final.

Difficult to see how it can be otherwise, unless one of them really fouls up somewhere and the committee has to make their game the semi final.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

He's not even 30 yet. With the amount of money players make and the hits that modern players take I wouldn't be surprised if more players under 30 decide that enough is enough and get out before injuries take too much of a toll.

He has taken a lot of big hits in his career and this is the right decision.

It does leave the Colts in a bad situation though.

On 26/08/2019 at 12:44, bazzzz65 said:

Can t see beyond Alabama and Clemson yet again for the NCAA championship final.

And Clemson start off by rolling over Georgia Tech.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 20:32, gingerjon said:

And Clemson start off by rolling over Georgia Tech.

And Alabama are on their way to a big victory too. I m looking forward to LSU v Alabama!!

8 hours ago, bazzzz65 said:

And Alabama are on their way to a big victory too. I m looking forward to LSU v Alabama!!

Not many shocks yesterday. My acca didn't come in though as I went off piste and backed Missouri to win at Wyoming.

Asks the question regarding helmets and should they be ditched completely, if they really want to address the concussion problem then absolutely.

Would it change the sport, yes, massively, tackling in the air would likely be banned, in fact receiving as a whole would change radically as it's the blind side hit that causes most problems with 18-19 stone inside linebackers wiping you out just as you are catching the ball or contacting the ground. Pads for sure would be needed but fewer, there would have to be a lot of adaptions quite honestly and likely be closer to the games of the turn of the 20th C

Would concussions still occur, yes, would it mean that players have to take far greater care, yes, massively more than they do now.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/sep/06/helmets-dont-eliminate-concussions-its-time-for-the-nfl-to-ditch-them

However I just can't see it happening.

7 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Antonio Brown has been cut by the Raiders and signed by the Patriots on the eve of the new season.

Reminds me a little of when Randy Moss was picked up by New England.

First game up for the Patriots is of course Pittsburgh!

Well shot of,great payer but a complete door handle,that's 2 teams he's left in the lurch.

6 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

It's the hope that gets ya! ?

Maybe Mayfield waits before running his mouth in future?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

14 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Anyone else watching Redzone on Sky Sports Mix?

Think it’s the only place us long suffering Washington fans are going to get to see the team play this year.

I’m struggling to think of any other format of sports programming that makes six hours seem so short, do love Redzone action!

Red zone is excellent  tho I would watch a full game on sky if they had Jason and Osi who do the show on the beeb with Mark Chapman.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

On 25/08/2019 at 17:10, Irish Saint said:

Andrew Luck announces his retirement to as he stated " remove himself from the cycle of pain."

He should leave it in the garage and never ride it, like wot I do.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Kansas: This is going to be "our" year. Superbowl bound.

Arizona: Started off rubbish but will come good.

Minnesota, Tampa: Started off average but will come good.

Detroit, Cleveland: Their fans deserve a good season. Hope they get one.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Archived