Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bedfordshire Bronco

Broncos not entering the 1895 cup

Recommended Posts

It would be an utter waste of time travelling up north for midweek fixtures, for a tin pot competition that costs the competing clubs money, when the Broncos' sole focus is quite rightly getting promoted back to SL.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

It would be an utter waste of time travelling up north for midweek fixtures, for a tin pot competition that costs the competing clubs money, when the Broncos' sole focus is quite rightly getting promoted back to SL.

For me they are already showing weakness by not joining the competition. They travel North every away game so what’s the issue? What is the focus? Who are they out to beat? 
 

Again they are a full time squad what’s the problem?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SL17 said:

For me they are already showing weakness by not joining the competition. They travel North every away game so what’s the issue? What is the focus? Who are they out to beat? 
 

Again they are a full time squad what’s the problem?

Cool. If thats how you want to see it then go for it.


"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

Cool. If thats how you want to see it then go for it.

We will be doing, no frets on that one. For a club to show such negativity to a competition before the start of the season, shows your true colours. 
 

Hopefully see you at the LSV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SL17 said:

We will be doing, no frets on that one. For a club to show such negativity to a competition before the start of the season, shows your true colours. 
 

Hopefully see you at the LSV.

Nope, I've emigrated. And glad to have done so.


"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Good on ya. Obviously old habits die hard.

Damn right they do, I'm supposed to be working right now and yet I'm on here...


"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nadera78 said:

Damn right they do, I'm supposed to be working right now and yet I'm on here...

I’m off to bed.. Take care pal.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Why are clubs allowed to pick and choose whether to enter competitions? As RFL members, surely it should be all or nothing, so to be same for all clubs? 

100% agree with this.

It's either a proper competition - which I absolutely think it is and should be - or it's a blinking merit comp.

  • Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Number 16 said:

What is the issue here? LB spurn a chance of glory and silverware there by giving other clubs a chance of such. 

If by declining they give themselves an advantage in achieving promotion then that's for the other clubs to counter. Or copy. 

Apart from. Million pound game I've never seen us 'win' sonething

Having spoken to a lot of other Broncos supporters we'd love some silverware and something to cheer

I stayed on at Wembley after the CC and Sheffield fans will remember there day there forever 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/london-will-not-take-part-in-1895-cup-in-2020/

This is an absolute ******* disgrace

We'd be nailed on for the final.... We could sell it massively to the London public. More importantly I could have a massive p*ss up a short journey from home... I'd bring about 20 people myself 

Shameful decision by Broncos

You are very presumptuous BB, rearrange the following into a well know phrase:-

Don't count hatched chickens before your they.

and

Massively sell it to the London Public? Don't get me wrong I like to watch London play pity is there are not more like me in the metropolis, if you managed to double the interest that would most likely max total 1500, I would say there was 50 times more interest in the Broncos run in last season from the North than in it's own locallity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You are very presumptuous BB, rearrange the following into a well know phrase:-

Don't count hatched chickens before your they.

and

Massively sell it to the London Public? Don't get me wrong I like to watch London play pity is there are not more like me in the metropolis, if you managed to double the interest that would most likely max total 1500, I would say there was 50 times more interest in the Broncos run in last season from the North than in it's own locallity.

Massively sell is the key Harry

Currently our first home game to sell is a cold February against Haven

Selling a London club in a final at Wembley in summer gives us more of a chance

I am realistic it might not have brought 10,000s but surely its got more of a chance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nadera78 said:

It would be an utter waste of time travelling up north for midweek fixtures, for a tin pot competition that costs the competing clubs money, when the Broncos' sole focus is quite rightly getting promoted back to SL.

Waste of who's time? The set up is full time. It's their job

Tin pot in some eyes maybe but not mine. Again I was there for Sheffield's win and it meant a lot to them as it would have to Widnes as it would do to me

 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1895 cup was an afterthought, hoping to boost attendances.  Its half baked.  

Plus... is Tolouse in the Cup?   I mean, they are potentially Broncos closest rivals for promotion?   If Tolouse are not in, then more sense Broncos not joining.   Surely the Broncos MUST focus COMPLETELY on promotion?

And frankly another issue here is the bizarre logic of on one side hoping for expansion and on the other insisting on relegation.

Edited by Rupert Prince
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Massively sell is the key Harry

Currently our first home game to sell is a cold February against Haven

Selling a London club in a final at Wembley in summer gives us more of a chance

I am realistic it might not have brought 10,000s but surely its got more of a chance? 

I wish you all the best BB, if you believe the audience is there, go get em! 

Off topic a little, but answering your statement.

Our - being Leigh Centurions - first game is on a Friday night at Dewsbury which I presume is to allow the Bulls to play the Bronco's on the Sunday, I don't really understand the logic behind this, Leigh have one of the best travelling supports in the division especially on a Sunday afternoon, anyone will tell you getting over the pennines for a Friday night fixture is not the easiest travel one can take and I should imagine it will hit the gate reciepts quite hard from the Leigh fans who will not bother, all I can imagine is the 'Rent' the Bulls are paying Dewsbury is compensation enough to stand the loss, surely being the host club they would take jurisdiction.

Edited by Harry Stottle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I wish you all the best BB, if you believe the audience is there, go get em! 

Off topic a little, but answering your statement.

Our - being Leigh Centurions - first game is on a Friday night at Dewsbury which I presume is to allow the Bulls to play the Bronco's on the Sunday, I don't really understand the logic behind this, Leigh have one of the best travelling supports in the division especially on a Sunday afternoon, anyone will tell you getting over the pennines for a Friday night fixture is not the easiest travel one can take and I should imagine it will hit the gate reciepts quite hard from the Leigh fans who will not bother, all I can imagine is the 'Rent' the Bulls are paying Dewsbury is compensation enough to stand the loss, surely being the host club they would take jurisdiction.

I agree, I'd have Leigh on the Sunday. 

I'll be there for the Bulls game, will be about 50 of us I'd say ... Won't be there for our Dewsbury one though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/london-will-not-take-part-in-1895-cup-in-2020/

This is an absolute ******* disgrace

We'd be nailed on for the final.... We could sell it massively to the London public. More importantly I could have a massive p*ss up a short journey from home... I'd bring about 20 people myself 

Shameful decision by Broncos

 

 

remember your playing york day after  cc final so two games in two days  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/london-will-not-take-part-in-1895-cup-in-2020/

This is an absolute ******* disgrace

We'd be nailed on for the final.... We could sell it massively to the London public. More importantly I could have a massive p*ss up a short journey from home... I'd bring about 20 people myself 

Shameful decision by Broncos

 

 

Nah, stick to getting promotion. 

Bigger fish to fry.

And no London couldn't sell it out. 3k max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Nah, stick to getting promotion. 

Bigger fish to fry.

And no London couldn't sell it out. 3k max.

At what point did he say they could sell it out? How come when all the other championship teams get talked about going to a final, suddenly they are all taking 10k +, but London could only manage 3k? In our home city? For a final at Wembley? Give over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Nah, stick to getting promotion. 

Bigger fish to fry.

And no London couldn't sell it out. 3k max.

Didn't think we could sell it out but again... There would be more attraction of a Wembley final and some silverware.... Again... We have never won anything except the million pound game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I hope we leave CC first round.... No interest in something we have no chance in

you misunderstood remember 1895  final on same day as cc  so york 2 games in two  days 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...