Jump to content

Guasch seduces Paris


audois
 Share

Recommended Posts


13 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'd go to a Paris Magic Weekend for sure. Edinburgh was far away. Cardiff was far away. Make it attractive and people will come.

Might not quite be as simple after Brexit though.

 

12 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You do realise how mental your first paragraph is, don’t you? Two places in the UK are too far but one of the crappest European capitals out there? Yeah, sign me up. 

 

That should help you.

I never said too far. You've misunderstood my point.

  • Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You do realise how mental your first paragraph is, don’t you? Two places in the UK are too far but one of the crappest European capitals out there? Yeah, sign me up. 

 

Where does it say too far

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

A, there may be some aesthetically nice bits but on the whole it isn’t particularly pleasant.

B, there’s a lot more to France than Paris. 

Its what you find it.  If you just turn up and walk around without a plan, then you'll find very little.  Plan the visit and Paris is superb.  No different to most capitals.

France is probably to most beautiful country in the world.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Taking Magic abroad when you have Toronto and Catalans in the league (and Toulouse pushing at the top end of the Championship) a third, possibly fourth, foreign trip would just be too much and would kill off Magic as a concept, which would be terrible. I’ve got no problem with double headers or special one-off’s that have been moved like the Catalans/Leeds/Toulouse/London double header and the Barcelona game this year but I’m not sure we can sustain another foreign excursion.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Taking Magic abroad when you have Toronto and Catalans in the league (and Toulouse pushing at the top end of the Championship) a third, possibly fourth, foreign trip would just be too much and would kill off Magic as a concept, which would be terrible. I’ve got no problem with double headers or special one-off’s that have been moved like the Catalans/Leeds/Toulouse/London double header and the Barcelona game this year but I’m not sure we can sustain another foreign excursion.

 

If we had a 14 team league we could have a 27 game season, home and away plus Magic, but the foreign teams could play somewhere else if they wanted to - eg Catalans v toronto could be anywhere as they’re unlikely to take many fans to magic anyway. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If we had a 14 team league we could have a 27 game season, home and away plus Magic, but the foreign teams could play somewhere else if they wanted to - eg Catalans v toronto could be anywhere as they’re unlikely to take many fans to magic anyway. 

Aye, ostracise the foreigners. That’ll work. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ghost crayfish said:

How is it ostracizing them to give the option to do it if they wanted to?

Telling them to go away because they’re unlikely to bring many fans because of their location is ostracism. They’re both a massive part of Super League, it’s marketing angle and it’s television package(s), not having them involved with (what should be) the biggest and (should be) most watched weekly round of the season is stupid. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Telling them to go away because they’re unlikely to bring many fans because of their location is ostracism. They’re both a massive part of Super League, it’s marketing angle and it’s television package(s), not having them involved with (what should be) the biggest and (should be) most watched weekly round of the season is stupid. 

spot on.  much like asking them for a bond to enter the challenge cup or make the final.  disgraceful

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Telling them to go away because they’re unlikely to bring many fans because of their location is ostracism. They’re both a massive part of Super League, it’s marketing angle and it’s television package(s), not having them involved with (what should be) the biggest and (should be) most watched weekly round of the season is stupid. 

Erm no, it’s not ostracism Oliver, it’s allowing them to play elsewhere to help them build up their own fan base. Eg Catalans could play in Montpellier and Toronto could play in Hamilton - more useful to them than playing  in Newcastle I imagine. It could still be televised. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Erm no, it’s not ostracism Oliver, it’s allowing them to play elsewhere to help them build up their own fan base. Eg Catalans could play in Montpellier and Toronto could play in Hamilton - more useful to them than playing  in Newcastle I imagine. It could still be televised. 

But that’s exactly what it is. Not letting a side play at Magic because of their location and size of their fanbase is ostracism. Why Catalans and Toronto and not say Huddersfield or Salford? Shouldn’t have he hometown of Rugby League and a club from a huge city like Salford not be doing better attendance wise? 

Losing the International angle from Magic would be devastating for the weekend and for the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

But that’s exactly what it is. Not letting a side play at Magic because of their location and size of their fanbase is ostracism. Why Catalans and Toronto and not say Huddersfield or Salford? Shouldn’t have he hometown of Rugby League and a club from a huge city like Salford not be doing better attendance wise? 

Losing the International angle from Magic would be devastating for the weekend and for the game. 

I know you’re cantankerous in general Oliver, so you deliberately missing my point to make an argument isn’t surprising, however I’m obviously not saying don’t let them play at Magic. I’m saying let them play elsewhere if it would help them increase their own fan base more. There seems little point in making them play in Newcastle when they could get more of their own fans to another venue and potentially show the game to new fans. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imo Paris would work fine for Magic as its a place many English Fans would see as worth a visit. 

It would also attract Catalans fans as it's far easier to get to than the North of England is for them. 

As long as the stadium picked was a max of a 40k and ideally 25k it could be a good turnout and make a good spectacle for TV. 

Edited by Southerner80
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Imo Paris would work fine for Magic as its a place many English Fans would see as worth a visit. 

It would also attract Catalans fans as it's far easier to get to than the North of England is for them. 

As long as the stadium picked was a max of a 40k and ideally 25k it could be a good turnout and make a good spectacle for TV. 

Only worth if it someone is trying to set up a team in Paris imho. Otherwise if it was in France somewhere like Montpellier would be better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Do you have confidence that this trip will bear fruit financially for Catalans and boost the profile of RL in France, audios?

Difficult to say. Have to admire their initative though. They want to attract national/international brands. In 2009 they had Nike on board and a big construction company who also at that time sponsored Toulouse FC in footballs Ligue 1.

Entering their 15th campaign in 2020. Must admit it’s been better than ever I expected, Winning at Wembley in 2018 and Barcelona this year was just extraordinary. Guasch has been remarkable. So much passion and savoir faire. Where does he get his energy from.

Getting Toulouse Olympique up there though crucial. Catalans need this derby more than ever. Sarrazain is doing a good job too for TO. Their 5 year goal is up in 2020. At lot is expected from their move into Ernest Wallon. Latest news is that they are moving their administrative base their too.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...