Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rob Nash

League one 13

Recommended Posts

1. Ritchie Hawkyard (Keighley)

2. Stargroth Amean (Barrow)

3. Jason Tali (Doncaster)

4. Keiran Gill (Newcastle)

5. Jack Logan (Doncaster)

6. Lewis Young (Newcastle)

7. Nick Newman (Newcastle)

8. Ross Peltier (Doncaster)

9. Sean Penkywicz (Rochdale)

10. Colton Roche (Newcastle)

11. Brad England (Doncaster)

12. Carl Forster (Barrow)

13. Bob Beswick (Newcastle)

 

Couple of players out of position but that to me is a strong line up.

 

Halves was hard. Could have just as easily picked Rangi Chase and Matty Beharrell.

Also apologies to Barrow. I don't know the squad as well as I should.

Edited by Rob Nash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not necessarily. I consider Barrow the team to beat but have less knowledge of their players. 

I'm going in what I know of the players picked. I actually want to be disagreed with cos I'm trying to learn more about players I'm less familiar with

Edited by Rob Nash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though he didnt do too much at the end of last season as he was finding his feet, just by default, Rangi Chase has to be in the team as he is the best player in Lg1.

Lot of Marras are quietly confident in Town this coming season, great manager and shaping into a very good squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Even though he didnt do too much at the end of last season as he was finding his feet, just by default, Rangi Chase has to be in the team as he is the best player in Lg1.

Lot of Marras are quietly confident in Town this coming season, great manager and shaping into a very good squad.

Id agree.i think Thorman is a great choice. I'm not totally convinced by their recruitment though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm totally honest I didn't pick Rangi because I'm trying to be diplomatic. He COULD be the best player in the league if he turns it on. He's got a hell of a lot of tryscorers around him if he does. Tali, Logan and Boas to just name 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

If I'm totally honest I didn't pick Rangi because I'm trying to be diplomatic. He COULD be the best player in the league if he turns it on. He's got a hell of a lot of tryscorers around him if he does. Tali, Logan and Boas to just name 3

How fit is Rangi these days? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BD20Cougar said:

Dallimore from Barrow always seems to play a blinder against us (Keighley). I'd also have Jake Webster at centre even if he is getting on a bit.

Good call on both those players. There's some genuine quality in league one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

1. Ritchie Hawkyard (Keighley)

2. Stargroth Amean (Barrow)

3. Jason Tali (Doncaster)

4. Keiran Gill (Newcastle)

5. Jack Logan (Doncaster)

6. Lewis Young (Newcastle)

7. Nick Newman (Newcastle)

8. Ross Peltier (Doncaster)

9. Sean Penkywicz (Rochdale)

10. Colton Roche (Newcastle)

11. Brad England (Doncaster)

12. Carl Forster (Barrow)

13. Bob Beswick (Newcastle)

 

Couple of players out of position but that to me is a strong line up.

 

Halves was hard. Could have just as easily picked Rangi Chase and Matty Beharrell.

Also apologies to Barrow. I don't know the squad as well as I should.

To make the selection in the halves easier, as it stands, Nick Newman isn't a Newcastle player. He hasn't been announced as part of next season's squad and from a recent Twitter exchange between him and Rhys Clark it doesn't sound like he's coming back to the UK.

image.png.c3199e6a5b8cb0e3588b98d947071f8c.png

Edited by NERugbyDad
Added twitter exchange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In June Love Rugby League did a feature on six Championship players who could make the step up to SL in 2020.

Of those six, three (Andy Ackers, Keanan Brand, Adam Tangata) will indeed be playing in SL next season, whilst a fourth, Cameron King, has signed for Cronulla in the NRL.

That leaves Mark Kheirallah, who is likely to remain one of the most dangerous full backs in the Championship, and one other...

Wartovo Puara Jnr, who played a big part in PNG beating England recently, yet will be plying his trade in the League One. I'd certainly fear Puara more at this level than a 37-year-old Penkywicz.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

1. Ritchie Hawkyard (Keighley)

2. Stargroth Amean (Barrow)

3. Jason Tali (Doncaster)

4. Keiran Gill (Newcastle)

5. Jack Logan (Doncaster)

6. Lewis Young (Newcastle)

7. Nick Newman (Newcastle)

8. Ross Peltier (Doncaster)

9. Sean Penkywicz (Rochdale)

10. Colton Roche (Newcastle)

11. Brad England (Doncaster)

12. Carl Forster (Barrow)

13. Bob Beswick (Newcastle)

 

Couple of players out of position but that to me is a strong line up.

 

Halves was hard. Could have just as easily picked Rangi Chase and Matty Beharrell.

Also apologies to Barrow. I don't know the squad as well as I should.

To Pick an alternative team including none of the above which shows the talent in League one:

 

Luke Cresswell (Barrow)

Tee Ritson (Barrow)

Elliot Miller (Workington)

Jake Webster (Keighley)

Alex Clegg (Newcastle)

Jamie Doran (Workington)

Rangi Chase (Doncaster)

Adam Walne (Barrow)

Watts Puara (Barrow)

Lamont Bryan (Skolars)

Duane Straughier (Hunslet)

Jono Smith (Barrow)

Caine Barnes (Workington)

 


Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lots of very good players in league 1 without a doubt, lewis young is a fullback not a 6, though can play at 6, QLT is our 6, another very good player, we will also play beswick at 9 to replace carlile who has joined halifax, we also signed experianced ashley gibson who will play centre for us i imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep I know. Don't imagine Jack Logan will be on the wing for us either (fullback most likely unless we sign someone more suited). Just trying to get a bit of a debate going which I'm glad to see. It's going to be a good season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob Nash said:

Yep I know. Don't imagine Jack Logan will be on the wing for us either (fullback most likely unless we sign someone more suited). Just trying to get a bit of a debate going which I'm glad to see. It's going to be a good season.

yes it should be a great season without a doubt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thunder fan said:

yes it should be a great season without a doubt.

There's been some good games between our 2 clubs this last few years. Hope we can both take it up a notch after this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...