Jump to content

match on sunday


Recommended Posts

does anybody realise that we play barrow at barrow on sunday, read the barrow mail great read all about their squad fitness of players and so on.

then we come to Oldham. online Oldham chron. Oldham times .F- - - K ALL

last rugby headlines in the Oldham ch.  the great frank foster dies on 20th dec. then the next one positive signs for diskin printed 6 week ago.

 no Christmas or new year greetings to the  loyal fans on this forum.the chairman does not deserve respect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Before making such accusations I suggest that you bear in mind, that a newspaper prints its features from the information sent to it by the club's media department. However, all club announcements and information appear on the club website. So, if you keep up to date with the website, you will find that the points you mention have been covered at the relevant times: Christmas wishes before Christmas, New Year wishes before New Years Day and confirmation that the full squad of 20 players (prior to the latest signing) are all fully fit and will go up to Barrow. Also, as far as this forum is concerned, I have noticed that is not common practice for a club chairman to use it for club statements.

     

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not getting at "tandle" personally because it applies to many others ... do we need the swearing on here ? Some youngsters read this forum too. Even just putting some of the letters of the word is as bad as we all know what is meant. In fact, those putting just the letters must know the word is wrong to use otherwise why have they not put the word in full ?

 

Edited by RL does what Sky says
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

From Barrow's Facebook page:

For all those fans who can't make the game and for our overseas fan base we will be live streaming the fixture versus Oldham at www.barrowrlfc.com . We are trying to link the pictures provided by our cameraman, Keith Wearing, to the commentary provided by Dan Payne and Grahame Dale from the CanDo radio team.
We have permission from the RFL to stream all our games this season as long as it doesn't clash with the main OurLeague game of the day or a Skysports fixture. We have plans to stream the away games in to the Raiders Bar.
Please bear with us if we have technical problems for our first live trial.

 

  • Like 1
BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the game on 'Barrow TV' ? ? Well done to the Roughyeds. First game of the season. Gets rid of a few cobwebs. We made a good start then seemed to ease off. The Barrow lads put up a good show and, with a bit more luck, would probably put some more points on the board against us later in the game. If I had any real criticism of our lads I would say they were slow in getting up off the floor after they'd made a tackle and as such we were penalised too many times for 'laying on'.  Can't afford to do that in the Championship. But a win's a win. Onwards and upwards.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ArthurO said:

Watched the game on 'Barrow TV' ? ? Well done to the Roughyeds. First game of the season. Gets rid of a few cobwebs. We made a good start then seemed to ease off. The Barrow lads put up a good show and, with a bit more luck, would probably put some more points on the board against us later in the game. If I had any real criticism of our lads I would say they were slow in getting up off the floor after they'd made a tackle and as such we were penalised too many times for 'laying on'.  Can't afford to do that in the Championship. But a win's a win. Onwards and upwards.

Overall a decent display. Although we took a good lead I think that we were then trying a few new things as the match progressed and gave Barrow that chance of coming back at us ... but that is what friendlies are for.

I agree with Arthur O about the lying on. Now being in a higher division the game will obviously be played at a quicker speed than last year and the referees at that level will be more used to tackled players getting off their man faster. Therefore it will stand out more if tacklers are slower in doing it and will therefore obviously be penalised more often for a slow release. Just something to maybe work on.

However, a promising start.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ex-scrumhalf said:

Happy new year everyone. What was the final score please?

Barrow 18   Roughyeds 22

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 -22. Thought first 20 we were excellent and you can really see some of the work Diskin had done on our attack. Bent and Spencer were constantly going to the line and then passing once they'd drawn the man leading to all first half tries being lovely passing moves. Abram was superb at full back with his two tries and looks a real find.

After 20 mins and we made a couple of subs and Barrow got on top. We definitely made too many errors in this time period but as it was a friendly you don't mind then trying new ideas. Thought second half we were in control even when Charnock was sin binned but it was still an even game. Barrow will definitely  be up there with Donny and Newcastle in league one.

Of the other new buys Worthington looks a really good all round centre and looks dangerous especially in the first half. Igibindeon only played about 15 mins and didn't get much chance to impress. Hutchings played at loose which was a surprise but he definitely has the size to play in the middle.

Bridge played most of the game at loose and Smith played second row but i'd prefer Langtree to move to loose if that's an option rather than Bridge. Think the rest of the squad did well but we are desperately short at prop as we already knew. Joy was excellent but needs a lot more support.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stats-

Abram-0 tackles. one miss. 5 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 11 carries=69m

Kay-7 tackles. 2 misses. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 12 carries=77m

Worthington-15 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. one tackle bust. one clean break. 11 carries=89m

Leeming-13 tackles. one offload. 2 tackle busts. one try assist. 11 carries=98m

Aaronson-0 tackles.2 tackle busts. one clean break. 6 carries=48m

Charnock-16 tackles. 4 misses. one offload. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 5 carries=27m

Hewitt-2 tackles. one miss. one try assist. 1 carry=0m

Joy-27 tackles. 4 tackle busts. 19 carries=144m

Owen-22 tackles. one miss. 4 carries=22m

Spencer-29 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. 16 carries=110m

Langtree-31 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 2 tackle busts. 10 carries=67m

Bridge-29 tackles. 2 offloads. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 16 carries=97m

Bent-27 tackles. one tackle bust. 10 carries=39m

subs

Johnson-3 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 6 carries=44m

Wilkinson-13 tackles. 3 misses. one try assist. 3 carries=15m

Smith-26 tackles. 2 misses. 4 carries=17m

Brook-7 tackles. 2 tackle busts. 4 carries=28m

Hutchings-24 tackles. 2 misses. 6 carries=38m

Igbinedion-15 tackles.  4 carries=27m

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2020 at 12:15, m brooksy said:

Stats-

Abram-0 tackles. one miss. 5 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 11 carries=69m

Kay-7 tackles. 2 misses. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 12 carries=77m

Worthington-15 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. one tackle bust. one clean break. 11 carries=89m

Leeming-13 tackles. one offload. 2 tackle busts. one try assist. 11 carries=98m

Aaronson-0 tackles.2 tackle busts. one clean break. 6 carries=48m

Charnock-16 tackles. 4 misses. one offload. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 5 carries=27m

Hewitt-2 tackles. one miss. one try assist. 1 carry=0m

Joy-27 tackles. 4 tackle busts. 19 carries=144m

Owen-22 tackles. one miss. 4 carries=22m

Spencer-29 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. 16 carries=110m

Langtree-31 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 2 tackle busts. 10 carries=67m

Bridge-29 tackles. 2 offloads. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 16 carries=97m

Bent-27 tackles. one tackle bust. 10 carries=39m

subs

Johnson-3 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 6 carries=44m

Wilkinson-13 tackles. 3 misses. one try assist. 3 carries=15m

Smith-26 tackles. 2 misses. 4 carries=17m

Brook-7 tackles. 2 tackle busts. 4 carries=28m

Hutchings-24 tackles. 2 misses. 6 carries=38m

Igbinedion-15 tackles.  4 carries=27m

Out of interest, how do you record the stas? Just a clipboard and tally type chart? Do you just use your skill (I don't want to inadvertantly imply it's just a guess) to estimate the metres?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SINGE said:

Out of interest, how do you record the stas? Just a clipboard and tally type chart? Do you just use your skill (I don't want to inadvertantly imply it's just a guess) to estimate the metres?

Yeah for the Oldham games just essentially a tally chart for tackles and the amount of carries. For metres as long as the camera quality is ok it pretty straight forward to work out.  It's not exactly an estimate but i've done so many games its usually very simple. We measure the metres from the starting point of the ptb and then each time someone goes past that point that becomes the next point. 

Only problem here is when certain pitches have a shortened 30m to 40m line and for some grounds it would be an estimate but would only be at most a metre out.

It's quite simple once you get the hang of it but you have to constantly check yourself . For Super League and NRL games we have a much more sophisticated method of collecting all this data but the basic stats would still be the same.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2020 at 19:24, m brooksy said:

Yeah for the Oldham games just essentially a tally chart for tackles and the amount of carries. For metres as long as the camera quality is ok it pretty straight forward to work out.  It's not exactly an estimate but i've done so many games its usually very simple. We measure the metres from the starting point of the ptb and then each time someone goes past that point that becomes the next point. 

Only problem here is when certain pitches have a shortened 30m to 40m line and for some grounds it would be an estimate but would only be at most a metre out.

It's quite simple once you get the hang of it but you have to constantly check yourself . For Super League and NRL games we have a much more sophisticated method of collecting all this data but the basic stats would still be the same.

Cheers, very interesting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...