weloveyouwakefield2

Sun 12 Jan: (Pre-Season) Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm (Sky TV)

51 minutes ago, dkw said:

That was so emotional at the end, what an incredible sport we have with amazing people. Seeing Rob with his kids did for me, life is so unfair at times. 

That is absolutely true. And those kids have got some tough times ahead of them as has Rob Burrow and the rest of his family.

But many years from now, when they have grown up, the girls will be able to watch back today's occasion and realise just how highly regarded and loved their dad was by all of the Rugby League family and just how special today was and I am sure that will make them very proud.

Very well done to every single person who was involved today.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It’s what I believe, Futtocks.
Who are you to tell me otherwise? 

Believe what you will, but why spoil this otherwise charitable thread by sneering?

• Like 3

Four legs good - two legs bad

I've reacted to many of the posts with the "white cup in purple circle" symbol. I think it means more than "thanks". I use it to mean "champion post". It means much more than mere "like"

• Thanks 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

image.png.a7787c60c23ab28424a7355356a03206.png

Well done to everyone who has contributed to this very special event today.

Former Leeds Rhinos and England captain Kevin Sinfield, told how his pal was an “inspiration”.

He said: “What Rob’s facing is going to be one hell of a challenge but I think what’s pretty clear is that he’s not going to do it alone, there’s going to be an army of rugby league fans alongside him every step of the way.

“And on behalf of the club, and on behalf of Rob and his family, I can only thank them for that because they’ve made a real difference to him.

Edited by Graham
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

498466224_SignaturePhoto50pc.png.ebf8c0b74856744d845b1ea264878482.png

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

It’s what I believe, Futtocks.
Who are you to tell me otherwise? 

Let's not argue, gents. It is however fair to say Rangers FC did an amazing tribute, not too dissimilar to today, for their former player Fernando Ricksen who sadly lost his battle with MND last September. 

Very emotional day for all concerned and at the same time makes you burst with pride and joy - RL in a nutshell really. 

• Like 3

Just got back from the game. I feel emotionally battered. The ovation rb got when he came on was truly unforgettable. 

The whole occasion makes me proud to be Leeds

Also proud to be part of an amazing community. All rugby league are we

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Very emotional day for all concerned and at the same time makes you burst with pride and joy - RL in a nutshell really. 

Absolutely superb. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xxrichbxx said:

Just got back from the game. I feel emotionally battered. The ovation rb got when he came on was truly unforgettable. 

The whole occasion makes me proud to be Leeds

Also proud to be part of an amazing community. All rugby league are we

Just that huge cheer a few minutes before the legends came on, and Rob was on the big screen. Magic!

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Just that huge cheer a few minutes before the legends came on, and Rob was on the big screen. Magic!

Not embarrassed to say it but I was definitely having a moment then. 

I thought that the speeches at the end were tremendous. Jjb.. Awesome and when Rob mentioned his Mrs.... Dear God.... 

Credit has to go to Bradford too. So respectful 

• Like 3

Those guys on the pitch at the end there have brought tears to my eyes before, especially in 2004. But not like today.

Not sure if the interview Rob did on the pitch in front of the crowd after the game went out on Sky but in the end he wasn't able to continue talking. It was heartbreaking and humbling and inspiring all at the same time.

Rob and those other legends literally built that club, without them we'd never have been able to have that stadium and I know eventually we'll have permanent tribute to them all. Rob Burrow was probably the least likely of legends and you knew everything he achieved came in the face of being forever told he couldn't or wouldn't make it. Together Rob and those other players gave me more moments of genuine happiness than they can imagine and if all we can do to repay that is to make sure he and his family are secure whatever happens then that's what we'll do.

And lastly I'm glad it's the Bulls we shared today with. Time and circumstance may have dulled our rivalry but in some ways and in many households they are family and the Bulls fans stayed to the very end afterwards with everyone else.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, xxrichbxx said:

Credit has to go to Bradford too. So respectful 

Mentioned on commentary that every Bradford player you saw on the pitch also bought a ticket to be there. Not a major thing financially, but a big gesture.

• Like 15

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Just got back, not one for emotion really but that was a heart tugger, was shocked at how much his voice seems to have deteriorated since the initial announcement and the change in his body. It's going to be a hard road ahead, on one hand you want it to be a long time so he gets that time with his family but on the other do you want them to see him suffering or wish that on him, it's a hard one to fathom.

I hope the Rhino's consider naming the South Stand after him even if it does have to incorporate the sponsor's name, sometimes thing's in life are more important than money.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Just got back, not one for emotion really but that was a heart tugger, was shocked at how much his voice seems to have deteriorated since the initial announcement and the change in his body. It's going to be a hard road ahead, on one hand you want it to be a long time so he gets that time with his family but on the other do you want them to see him suffering or wish that on him, it's a hard one to fathom.

I hope the Rhino's consider naming the South Stand after him even if it does have to incorporate the sponsor's name, sometimes thing's in life are more important than money.

Maybe they should name the players tunnel in his honour The Rob Burrow seems appropriate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I didn't watch the match as I'd had other things planned but I did see Burrow's interviews, on the BBC and on Sky.  His voice has deteriorated since the last interview with him that I saw before Christmas and that was hard to watch.  But I think it was wonderful that he had the chance to run on the rugby pitch and play a little for what may be the final time, to have his family with him while he did so and to do it in front of such a huge crowd and supportive colleagues.  MND is one of the cruellest diseases but from the interviews and items I have seen about Burrow to date, he couldn't have more support which must be of comfort to him and to his family, albeit amidst a very difficult future.

Edited by Saintslass
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Damien said:

This is after I leave the house for work, but I hope i remember to watch it on catch-up.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

I will have already left for work but may just have to set record for that one. Do not normally record BBC Breakfast but sometimes you have to do a first.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

‪Just catching up via Sky On Demand. Such a tough watch at the end, especially when Barry Mac of all people breaks down, but my word what an inspiration Rob Burrow is. ‬

Must say that Brian Carney did a cracking job of holding the presentation together. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt
  • Like 3

Who was the big guy with the white hair who came on with the rest of the Bradford oldies?  Didn't recognise him.

Ditto the old fella wearing 21 for Leeds.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

7 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Who was the big guy with the white hair who came on with the rest of the Bradford oldies?  Didn't recognise him.

Ditto the old fella wearing 21 for Leeds.

Jamie Fielden - Stuart Fielden’s brother. I don’t think he actually ever played for us. Maybe a chance for the two brothers to play together.

• Like 1

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

What a great occasion today - a few emotional moments, Burrow walking on pre game in tears, entering the field near the end and his interview on the field afterwards.  

Watched the post match when I got home and his interview on Sky was also tough as was Barrie Mac’s reaction.  Strange in some respects how an event can sadden you so much whilst making you see so much of what is good about RL.

I thought the Bulls fans were a credit, when Burrow was struggling in his interview they started singing his name and Leeds fans soon joined.  

Fair play to JJB as well ... took a back seat in some respects which I think only enhances his reputation as a great bloke.

I also think the Bulls need to make Fielden an offer of a contract for 2020!!

383F1923-CC36-4DB5-80A1-7ED2DA50812A.jpeg

• Like 4

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004