5 hours ago, Shadow said:

I have mentioned to Mrs Shadow that one of her most attractive features is her NHS pension.

On an unrelated point our sofa's surprisingly comfortable.

For some reason that reminds me of the chap I heard say many years ago, " There's no way I'll be unfaithful to my wife, or leave her. I love my house." 🙂

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

31 minutes ago, ckn said:

Italy, 919 new deaths. It doesn't get better there and they're saying they've not reached peak yet.

Any indication when they may hit the peak? Shocking stuff in Italy with Spain not far behind...

23 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

The Swedes are a very domesticated people.

They are also very beautiful and so staying indoors with them would not be problematic.

Plus it's only just coming to the end of their winter (right?, I'm not making this entirely up) so staying in a bit longer sensibly isn't going to be a massive cultural issue?

I suspect they will need to lockdown like everyone else in due course though.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

35 minutes ago, ckn said:

Italy, 919 new deaths. It doesn't get better there and they're saying they've not reached peak yet.

Just a cold.

We'll look back on this in a month and learn things. Like how we overreacted because lots of people die anyway.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Any indication when they may hit the peak? Shocking stuff in Italy with Spain not far behind...

No idea, the really sweary words are for the people who STILL refuse to comply with the lockdown. I think they'll get to the point soon of summary jail time for those out without explicit permission.

The other big problem seems to be family members isolating together, one gets it, they all get it eventually, often with families dispersing once one is infected in a vain hope to stop themselves but really just taking early virus infection with them

• Sad 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

They are also very beautiful and so staying indoors with them would not be problematic.

Have I mentioned I was born in Sweden?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Christ, think how bad you'd look if you hadn't been.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

If they’re making you redundant then they have to go through the correct process, which just paying you 3 months pay without consulting you before hand isn’t 

Turns out it is redundancy, with advanced redundancy payment and immediate gardening leave.  

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

5 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Boris tests positive. He was lecturing us on social distancing while failing to do it himself flanked by the chief medical officer and chief sentific officer.

Get well soon Boris, and although I can't help thinking that isolating Boris is a positive thing I'm unhappy that he gets a test that is unavailable to me and all my colleagues when I have to engage in direct personal contact as a nurse. 

It's a surprise that Boris' has been open about the failure of his personal hygiene measures, given that he has spent his career washing his hands of personal responsibility.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Yes, but I had forgotten.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

24 minutes ago, longboard said:

It's a surprise that Boris' has been open about the failure of his personal hygiene measures, given that he has spent his career washing his hands of personal responsibility.

I chuckle at your joke... apart from that I must admit at a sense of despair at some of the questions that come from the journalist at the daily press conference.

A few of them seem to what to make a case that the PM can't have been following the advice. They know how government works better than most plus that despite the most disciplined of approach its still possibly to get the virus. I mean we are careful with surfaces but in a major work place and especially the seat of power how difficult it can be to ensure every surface, every red box, every piece of paper, every telephone, computer, every bloody paper clip, so to speak is virus free .

he may have got it from a person, he may have got it through another person getting too close, he may have got it from any of people he's been working with over the last 7 to 10 days. 

Now drilling down on safety equipment with the head of the NHS should have been an important questioning line at the press conf... not suggesting the PM has been following self distancing... as even following unless in a complete bubble suit you can still get the virus.

Edited by redjonn
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, redjonn said:

I chuckle at your joke... apart from that I must admit at a sense of despair at some of the questions that come from the journalist at the daily press conference.

A few of them seem to what to make a case that the PM can't have been following the advice. They know how government works better than most plus that despite the most disciplined of approach its still possibly to get the virus. I mean we are careful with surfaces but in a major work place and especially the seat of power how difficult it can be to ensure every surface, every red box, every piece of paper, every telephone, computer, every bloody paper clip, so to speak is virus free .

he may have got it from a person, he may have got it through another person getting too close, he may have got it from any of people he's been working with over the last 7 to 10 days. 

Now drilling down on safety equipment with the head of the NHS should have been an important questing line at the press conf... not suggesting the PM has been following safety distancing... as even following unless in a complete bubble suit you can still get the virus.

On the one dorsum, yes, and on the other dorsum, no, but on the one palm..........

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, longboard said:

On the one dorsum, yes, and on the other dorsum, no, but on the one palm..........

had to look that up... smarty pants

1 minute ago, redjonn said:

had to look that up... smarty pants

Professional knowledge & experience old chap. 

I've always been good with my hands. 

21 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Now drilling down on safety equipment with the head of the NHS should have been an important questioning line at the press conf... not suggesting the PM has been following self distancing... as even following unless in a complete bubble suit you can still get the virus.

Yes , the stupid woman from SKY news , I was swearing at the TV while she was asking stupid questions , essentially asking who was responsible ? 

notice boris and his cronies announce their news on a Friday tea time when they are desperate for us all to stay in all weekend to avoid the scenes of last weekend, just saying, that's all.

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

According to the BBC Virgin Atlantic applying for a massive Government bailout, remembering how quick they were to shed staff at the start of this and their previous profitability I would let them sink, when this is over there will be a huge amount of cheap planes going and some enterprising people prepared to replace them, it's the law of the commercial jungle; fight or fail, the public don't owe them anything.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

According to the BBC Virgin Atlantic applying for a massive Government bailout, remembering how quick they were to shed staff at the start of this and their previous profitability I would let them sink, when this is over there will be a huge amount of cheap planes going and some enterprising people prepared to replace them, it's the law of the commercial jungle; fight or fail, the public don't owe them anything.

And remembering where they’re tax HQ’ed. Let them go to the British Virgin Islands for a bailout. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

image.png.7b1a94d4d94ae2a6538c41a30645164d.png

Meanwhile we have dipsticks taking barbecues up Winter Hill and then setting fire to it. 40 firefighters there 😠

On 25/03/2020 at 11:54, Smudger06 said:

It's official that we should be minimising the amount of time we spend outside of the home using any of the 4 exceptions, driving to an exercise area before starting exercise and then driving back home afterwards is not minimising the time outside of home, it's increasing it. If scumbags want to go out driving, when they get stopped, best to use an excuse that's gonna hold up better than driving for exercise. 

☝️I stated the obvious a few days ago, some weren't having it. Hope this clarifies 👇

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/not-drive-anywhere-walk-your-21759073.amp

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/police-warn-you-cant-drive-17986672

We have been taking a daily walk around our local area, we admire the kids rainbows and messages in windows, notice good gardens that people keep that we would never really notice. It is also quite peaceful without all the traffic. 

It is a bit surreal, it isn't where you would take a stroll for a walk normally, but has a strange charm when it is a completely isolated from hustle and bustle of what would be the normal daily life.

• Like 5

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.