Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Batley Bob

Featherstone - season opener

Recommended Posts

And if you read on the Featherstone forum, if the Fev fans buy tickets for this match from them Fev get 20% of each ticket.

I believe the same applies for when Batley visit them we get 20% of each ticket we sell, so more incentive to buy tickets pre match via the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RogerT said:

And if you read on the Featherstone forum, if the Fev fans buy tickets for this match from them Fev get 20% of each ticket.

I believe the same applies for when Batley visit them we get 20% of each ticket we sell, so more incentive to buy tickets pre match via the club.

Up from 10% last season


IMG_0583.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But was that made clear last season, I don't remember anything like that being said.The only incentive was buying home tickets being cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RogerT said:

But was that made clear last season, I don't remember anything like that being said.The only incentive was buying home tickets being cheaper.

I don't think all clubs joined in last season - I certainly could only get advance tickets for our away game at Sheffield through their online booking system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's being like that for a few seasons Roger,  but we never had facility to do it , that's why when bulls went bust they owed us 2,000 ( tickets they had sold for mount but never sent money to batley -10%)


IMG_0583.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right BB.

Not sure whether our system was fully up and running as I only booked for our home matches but there was the facility for away matches but never tried it.

How many clubs are running this system this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the start of the season proper. I, probably like most see Fev as clear favourites, but sport can throw the odd curved ball, however I'm hoping for a performance against one of the top five favourites. 

Dogs 10 - Fev 26

Edited by Piggy's mate

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As PM above. I just want to see us being competitive. I am interested to see what team CL considers to be his best. I am not sure it is obvious after the friendlies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you did doggystyle, I think one or two have or having trouble doing it this time, I have not tried this year I was up at that meeting and got my season ticket along with two child ones for great grandkids.

Cheers Roger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did my grandsons online and it came through post OK


Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be a difficult opener for us

Fev have recruited well and dr's will make a difference

Dogs 6 Fev 30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Batley 12  Fev  32  1st game of season and not going with any optimism as has been mentioned we have not beaten them at home in a league fixture in a long time. Lets see how many Leeds 1st team squad players they have in their  team. You know that they will not be academy players which was what D/R was meant for . See you all up at the mount hoping for a shock result.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

August 2003 was  our last Home league win over featherstone in which coach Craig Lingard, also Danny Maun and Paul Harrison featured 

tries came from Barry Eaton and 2 from Ryan Horsley with 3 Eaton goals  as  dickens and Jamie Stokes scoring for fev 

Edited by Keep The Faith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

August 2003 was  our last Home league win over featherstone in which coach Craig Lingard, also Danny Maun and Paul Harrison featured 

tries came from Barry Eaton and 2 from Ryan Horsley with 3 Eaton goals  as  dickens and Jamie Stokes scoring for fev 

Ryan Horsley had a great season for us playing well above his weight. We had a lot better team at that time with more creativity .

 

 

Edited by Graham Greaves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opening fixture is the best time to catch the opposition napping. Tough opener for both HW clubs, but I think you could sneak it at 18-14. 
Not sure we will turn Leigh over after looking at their squad. 

  • Haha 1

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Opening fixture is the best time to catch the opposition napping. Tough opener for both HW clubs, but I think you could sneak it at 18-14. 
Not sure we will turn Leigh over after looking at their squad. 

Most opening fixtures could go either way. We got leigh early in fixtures, and from what I can remember we were the only team to turn them over that season. Cant see us beating fev though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2020 at 20:37, Graham Greaves said:

Batley 12  Fev  32  1st game of season and not going with any optimism as has been mentioned we have not beaten them at home in a league fixture in a long time. Lets see how many Leeds 1st team squad players they have in their  team. You know that they will not be academy players which was what D/R was meant for . See you all up at the mount hoping for a shock result.

 

we got three albert on season  loan then briscoe who when he signed for leeds ageed he would be sent back to FEV  and play every week if not needed and mclland who came on loan last year and is same boat as briscoe plays every week at FEV if leeds no injuries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2020 at 20:37, Graham Greaves said:

Batley 12  Fev  32  1st game of season and not going with any optimism as has been mentioned we have not beaten them at home in a league fixture in a long time. Lets see how many Leeds 1st team squad players they have in their  team. You know that they will not be academy players which was what D/R was meant for . See you all up at the mount hoping for a shock result.

 

3 on D/R for Fev: McClelland who was with Fev the majority of last season, O'Connor who is no where near Leeds 1st team and Briscoe who has a handful of Leeds 1st team appearances. Albert is with Fev on a season loan so not D/R.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2020 at 20:37, Graham Greaves said:

Batley 12  Fev  32  1st game of season and not going with any optimism as has been mentioned we have not beaten them at home in a league fixture in a long time. Lets see how many Leeds 1st team squad players they have in their  team. You know that they will not be academy players which was what D/R was meant for . See you all up at the mount hoping for a shock result.

 

Graham Fev use very talented young Leeds players that rarely if ever play in their first team. Thats not saying that they wont in the near future after getting valuable championship opportunities i.e Newman and Handley for example. Fev have used only a couple of the first team squad in limited games. DR is what it is but without this opportunity this talent will have gone to waste. Lets hope that the return of the reserves for super league will unearth more talent in the future for other clubs to benefit eventually. Looking forward to our favourite away day at your great club.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...