John Drake

Sat 8 Feb: SL: Salford Red Devils v Toronto Wolfpack KO 2pm

Who will win?  

70 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Toronto Wolfpack

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/02/20 at 14:00

Ill judge the woolfpack when Lussick Stanley and O'Brien are back in the team. Close game in store Salford to win by 6

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

39 minutes ago, meast said:

You said Toronto WOULD have done better than Huddersfield or Wakefield would have in the Championship, you've based that on absolutely nothing.

You've said that Toronto can't be called a Championship team because they would have done better than Huddersfield or Wakefield.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say or prove to be honest.

That Toronto aren’t a championship team. 

The importance of this game for Toronto is largely down to the fact that their next three matches after are Wigan, Warrington and Saints. I do think that some are expecting a bit too much from Salford this year based on last year so I can see this to being a close match but if Salford can put last weeks heavy defeat behind them I think they'll win by six.

Edited by fevtom

Toronto might have circled this as a possible win, what with it being more of a home game than just about anywhere else at the moment. Also the fact Salford will still be finding their 'new' feet following the off season departures. That said still maintain TWP are the weakest team in the comp. Salford by 16

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold

From what we have seen so far.  Salford played the best side in the league and got a tubbing, Toronto played a weakened Cas side and got a slightly better result but still looked outclassed,  Not easy to make choices on one showing but my feeling is that Salford have more about them, I think and hope they will win  ( simply cause i like them and they always have to do it tough)  Toronto will be better than last week ( i hope ) and i don't see any thrashings either way, Salford by a couple of scores for me.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Cannot read too much into Salfords hammering at a team that would not be out of place in the NRL, Saints are head and shoulders above anyone in Super League thats for sure.

Could be a long season ahead for TW however and they will do well to stay up given this season is going to be something of a learning curve. as for the Salford game, you get the feeling Watson will have them fired up to come flying out of the traps after last week which is bad news for the wolfpack.

1 hour ago, DG70 said:

Cannot read too much into Salfords hammering at a  ............, Saints........ head and shoulders above anyone in Super League thats for sure.

Yes the difference was a bit shocking and a warning to everyone else but do other teams in the comp have the means and wherewithall to catch up or is it a bit like the '82 & '86 Aussies in that no one actually ever does?

It did expose the difference between stabilty and transition.

Edited by Oxford

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Coward!?

Just couldn't bring himself to say TWP will win.

But I can. TWP by 4. I think McD will have them working on ball-handling all this week to eliminate most of those sloppy errors.

Hopefully Stanley's immigration issues will be sorted out soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TIWIT said:

Just couldn't bring himself to say TWP will win.

But I can. TWP by 4. I think McD will have them working on ball-handling all this week to eliminate most of those sloppy errors.

Hopefully Stanley's immigration issues will be sorted out soon.

It's the paper thin midfield defence McD needs to focus on, on Sunday by any standards it was awful.

Toronto in a squeeker

Many beers had by fans of both teams!

I don't think you can call this one, salford were poor v saints but its hard to rate them on that game against a side as good as saints. Lost a lot of quality but made some good signings to replace them. Wolfpack were poor 1st half but matched Cas in the 2nd, if they play like that 2nd half then they can win it but need more creativity in the halves. 

2 hours ago, dkw said:

I don't think you can call this one, salford were poor v saints but its hard to rate them on that game against a side as good as saints. Lost a lot of quality but made some good signings to replace them. Wolfpack were poor 1st half but matched Cas in the 2nd, if they play like that 2nd half then they can win it but need more creativity in the halves. 

So how do we rate Saints if Salford were poor?

On 04/02/2020 at 12:34, gillmeister said:

Ill judge the woolfpack when Lussick Stanley and O'Brien are back in the team. Close game in store Salford to win by 6

Any chance Lussick or Stanley will play at Salford this week?

You have to feel sorry for Salford, No sooner do they get a decent side together than it is pillaged by their rivals, 8 players leaving the club and 12 arrivals- The loss of Jackson Hastings near irreplaceable, in recent years they have lost Ben Murdoch-Masila, Robert Lui, Marc Sneyd, Steffan Ratchford and  Stephen Myler all payers on which you could have bulit a club around.

You cannot blame the players as you have a short career and you maximise your earnings in that time. Problem is the Big five in Super League operate on the basis of If you can't beat them buy them and the players get to replace them are of inferior quality and I could not help but notice Rhys Williams beaten yet again on the touchline in the St Helens a sight familiar to Broncos fans.

Toronto Wolfpacks "Wild geese" to win this one...

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

waht people have to rember is tornonto are a team fron the other side of the world and not an english team an there players need time to ajust to a forein place and ground they arent used to

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Arthur Crown said:

waht people have to rember is tornonto are a team fron the other side of the world and not an english team an there players need time to ajust to a forein place and ground they arent used to

Put the bottle down