Sign in to follow this  
Mr Plow

The England Brand

3 hours ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I'm not sure that a double red V would appease the anti-Saints brigade though

But GB look like Wakefield. Is that not a problem too to those who don't want to look like Saints?

spacer.png

Edited by 17 stone giant

1 minute ago, 17 stone giant said:

But GB look like Wakefield. Is that not a problem too to those who don't want to look like Saints?

spacer.png

Very possibly! Cas fans may not be happy either!

Although a blue and red V isn't as synonymous with Wakey as a red V is with Saints.

I saw an advert for Matalan with a woman with a double red chevron white jumper. England RL better get a move on if they want to use that design. 

On 15/02/2020 at 13:01, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Yes, but in the same breath, there needs to be a long term plan for the future of the international game, so that any England branding is future-proofed. I.e. if the powers-that-be decided to use the old GB shirt for England (on the assumption that the GB concept is dead and buried forever), then they'd have to make sure that GB doesn't suddenly make a reappearance again, thus risking causing further confusion to the branding/identities of the 2 teams.

The Aussies don’t know the difference between GB and England anyway. We played as GB for decades then decided to switch to England to grow the home nations and because of funding.