Sign in to follow this  
ckn

First up against the wall come the revolution

People who grab the tables nearest the telly/big screen in the pub , and then spend the whole match staring into their phones ......people who barge into you on the pavement because they spend all day staring into their phones .....people who step out into the road in front of my car because they can`t take their eyes off their phones........couples who go out on a date and don"t speak to each other as they are to busy with their phones .....people who.......wait a minute...........the person that invented mobile phones !

• Thanks 1

Sarah 'fekin' Cox 

Chris 'fekin. Evens

And "drumroll"

Tony 'fekin' Blackburn.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

5 minutes ago, Padge said:

Sarah 'fekin' Cox 

Chris 'fekin. Evens

And "drumroll"

Tony 'fekin' Blackburn.

Good grief! You make me feel like it is 1996 and I am grateful!

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

37 minutes ago, Padge said:

Sarah 'fekin' Cox 

Chris 'fekin. Evens

And "drumroll"

Tony 'fekin' Blackburn.

Despite everything, I’ve developed a bit of a soft spot towards Tony Blackburn 🤣🤣

People who leave their recycling bin in their driveway in a way that can be blown over by a strong fart, never mind a storm. Like one of our neighbours. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Non league football purity bores who drone on about their superiority as they watch proper football rather than the cashed up mercenaries in the football league. Because, after all, following Southend United is the definition of glory hunting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

People who grab the tables nearest the telly/big screen in the pub , and then spend the whole match staring into their phones ......people who barge into you on the pavement because they spend all day staring into their phones .....people who step out into the road in front of my car because they can`t take their eyes off their phones........couples who go out on a date and don"t speak to each other as they are to busy with their phones .....people who.......wait a minute...........the person that invented mobile phones !

No way! He deserves a medal. If it wasn't for our mobile phones, my wife and I would have to talk to each other!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

23 hours ago, Derwent said:

Whoever put up the temporary traffic lights on Newcastle Quayside earlier this week. There are 4 sets of permanent lights along there then some workmen put up a temporary set In the middle while they dug a hole on the pavement. The problem being they didn’t sync them with the permanent lights so for long periods of time no traffic was moving in any direction as one way had the permanent lights on green but the temp ones in red and vice versa. There was about 20 seconds every few minutes when they were in sync letting about 4 cars through. This was in the morning rush hour, it was completely gridlocked in both directions.

This was going to be mine. There is a special place in hell for these people. Worse is when you're waiting at a temporary lights and as it turns green the cars are still coming through from the other side and then it turns red again. 

4 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

This was going to be mine. There is a special place in hell for these people. Worse is when you're waiting at a temporary lights and as it turns green the cars are still coming through from the other side and then it turns red again. 

Don’t know if you watched Early Doors but the really boring guy ‘Eddie’, was always going on about temporary traffic lights (I’m sure they’re letting more down than up!)

Whenever I have a moan about temporary traffic lights my Mrs shuts me up by calling me Eddie.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Don’t know if you watched Early Doors but the really boring guy ‘Eddie’, was always going on about temporary traffic lights (I’m sure they’re letting more down than up!)

Whenever I have a moan about temporary traffic lights my Mrs shuts me up by calling me Eddie.

Off topic.... but one of the best sit-coms of this century. Absolutely brilliant. Saw the stage show last year..... old Tommy was ace.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Off topic.... but one of the best sit-coms of this century. Absolutely brilliant. Saw the stage show last year..... old Tommy was ace.

Yeah saw it in Liverpool, was brilliant. 

52 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I'm only on the first page and I'll have been against the wall twice!

Nothing personal, I am sure!

Anyway, my list is:

- Boxing fans who concentrate on the heavyweights only
- Widnes fans who move away from Widnes and never return
- Catholics who do not practise, but still take advantage to get jobs in Catholic schools

😄

(only joking!)

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

40 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

My ex- loved that, but being Danish I had to put sub-titles in English so she could watch it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I have to agree, reminded me of pubs in the sixties/seventies when most had a Tommy and an Eddie and occasionally you could spot a pair of coppers in the back tapping drinks from the Landlord. If it tours again please give it a big shout on here.

One for against the wall...…..posters who go off topic...……. I fall on my sword.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Padge said:

Sarah 'fekin' Cox 

Chris 'fekin. Evens

And "drumroll"

Tony 'fekin' Blackburn.

All people with a certain level of talent. 

2 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I'm only on the first page and I'll have been against the wall twice!

To be honest it's the system, not the people. But you can't put a system up against the wall so I need a scapegoat.

A call to Virgin always starts with a long period of time on hold, then is immediately followed by someone in Delhi mispronouncing my very simple name.

I'll leave it there, the rest is too painful. 

9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

No, just moderators wondering which end of the gun is dangerous.

As the moderator I question is a former artillery man ....

..........(insert your own regimental slur of choice)

to be honest as a former infantryman I couldn’t hit a cows ###### with a banjo from ten paces

1. Any Politician that has to start a sentence with ‘Let me be absolutely clear ......’

2. Anyone who usually uses the word ‘basically’ twice in a conversation irrespective of the length of the conversation.

3. People who block the aisle in a supermarket whilst taking 5 minutes to choose what brand of baked beans, coffee, pot noodles etc. to buy.  The only exception to this is my wife as she makes my tea every night!

10 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Nothing personal, I am sure!

Anyway, my list is:

- Boxing fans who concentrate on the heavyweights only
- Widnes fans who move away from Widnes and never return
- Catholics who do not practise, but still take advantage to get jobs in Catholic schools

😄

(only joking!)

Don't know who you're talking about, I live in Widnes... 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Don't know who you're talking about, I live in Widnes... 

Of course, I always say you are one of the good guys! 😀

8 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

To be honest it's the system, not the people. But you can't put a system up against the wall so I need a scapegoat.

A call to Virgin always starts with a long period of time on hold, then is immediately followed by someone in Delhi mispronouncing my very simple name.

I'll leave it there, the rest is too painful. 

To be fair I worked for them when they were Telewest and Virgin took them over, there were certainly warning signs before I left. Also I was only doing TV faults so that was actually quite nice.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ckn said:

People who leave their recycling bin in their driveway in a way that can be blown over by a strong fart, never mind a storm. Like one of our neighbours. 

Have I got this correctly? You have a neighbour who can be blown over by a strong fart?

• Haha 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police