Sign in to follow this  
ckn

First up against the wall come the revolution

On 24/02/2020 at 22:36, gittinsfan said:

Watch a TV program and want to see who played a particular part.

Try to see the cast list on the credits.No chance,they scroll up too fast to read.

They also halve the screen to advertise some other programme that has no bearing on what you have just watched.

• Like 1

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

On 24/02/2020 at 22:36, gittinsfan said:

Watch a TV program and want to see who played a particular part.

Try to see the cast list on the credits.No chance,they scroll up too fast to read.

Spot on. That or they reduce its size to half the screen whilst they scroll up, putting an advert on for the next program on the other half.

Or they show you little clips of the next episode , as if your so pathetic that you have to know whats coming that you can`t wait a moment longer .

• Like 1

In ranking order, but their actual turn at the wall will be in reverse order so they get to see others up against the wall first in order to truly appreciate their crimes.

1. Drivers who sit at 50mph in the fast lane of dual carriageways and refuse to pull over even when a blue-light ambulance is trying to get past. Seen today on the A12, the ambulance eventually had to go round on the left.

2. HGV drivers who pull out when they should be able to see a blue light ambulance only a few cars behind them and force the ambulance then to slow down until they do their little turtle shuffle overtake. Same ambulance.

3. Drivers who use the LEFT lane to turn RIGHT on roundabouts clearly marked that that's not their lane just so they can get moving 5 seconds faster. The number of times I've almost had an accident when in the right lane going ahead at the Copdock roundabout near Ipswich (as the lanes say you can) and an imbecile in the left lane tries to turn right without indicating and JUST misses me.

4. Drivers who sit at 60mph in the fast lane, refuse to pull over and when they do they speed up to 70-75mph meaning I can't get past them. Then they pull out again and slow down to 60mph even if nothing is ahead of them for miles. Seen today, again on the A12 but further down.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

This thread should just be renamed, "Other drivers".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

This thread should just be renamed, "Other drivers".

It'd be a rare day that bad drivers would get ahead of a chewing gum spitter in my list of people to be rounded up.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

10 minutes ago, ckn said:

In ranking order, but their actual turn at the wall will be in reverse order so they get to see others up against the wall first in order to truly appreciate their crimes.

1. Drivers who sit at 50mph in the fast lane of dual carriageways and refuse to pull over even when a blue-light ambulance is trying to get past. Seen today on the A12, the ambulance eventually had to go round on the left.

2. HGV drivers who pull out when they should be able to see a blue light ambulance only a few cars behind them and force the ambulance then to slow down until they do their little turtle shuffle overtake. Same ambulance.

3. Drivers who use the LEFT lane to turn RIGHT on roundabouts clearly marked that that's not their lane just so they can get moving 5 seconds faster. The number of times I've almost had an accident when in the right lane going ahead at the Copdock roundabout near Ipswich (as the lanes say you can) and an imbecile in the left lane tries to turn right without indicating and JUST misses me.

4. Drivers who sit at 60mph in the fast lane, refuse to pull over and when they do they speed up to 70-75mph meaning I can't get past them. Then they pull out again and slow down to 60mph even if nothing is ahead of them for miles. Seen today, again on the A12 but further down.

Drivers that refer to the overtaking lane as the fast lane

2 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Drivers that refer to the overtaking lane as the fast lane

The Highway Code actually refers to it as the right-hand lane. So, pthththrthhrbp.

16 minutes ago, Jeff Stein said:

Could we just put the A12 up against the wall?

The bits near Ingatestone that are like a farm track seem already to have been there.

.....Estate Agents.....

Blooming Section 21's

How about councils who think sending a man with a bucket of instant tar to tip in a whacking great pothole is a substitute for a real repair and can not see 400 repairs of the same bit of road at £200 a throw costs a lot more than just relaying it properly and having it last a good few years

• Like 2

They warned me yesterday, then the notice came through with termination date today, (02.05.20)

1 minute ago, SSoutherner said:

They served me a Section 21 BEFORE issuing me a EPC Cert, because they have only just booked me an appointment for 

12 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

Did you know it was coming and did they do it properly on a Form 6a

Yes, Form 6a

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

They served me a Section 21 BEFORE issuing me a EPC Cert, because they have only just booked me an appointment for 

I would take advice then - they may have co**ed up

Appointment with www.bht.org.uk and will speak to CAB, & Local council, and DWP, I do not have savings for deposit for somewhere new, and neither do I have a good credit rating, both will be needed. ?

Just now, SSoutherner said:

I would take advice then - they may have co**ed up

The EPC I do have is dated 2017, just before I moved in.

3 hours ago, ckn said:

The bits near Ingatestone that are like a farm track seem already to have been there.

Talking of Ingatestone went in a pub there a couple of years ago just before Christmas and the landlord was chucking any empty crisp packets he collected onto their wood burning open fire. So we can add him

• Like 1

People with coal/open fires and wood burners.

People who have bonfires.

People who do not or will not recycle.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

6 hours ago, SSoutherner said:

How about councils who think sending a man with a bucket of instant tar to tip in a whacking great pothole is a substitute for a real repair and can not see 400 repairs of the same bit of road at £200 a throw costs a lot more than just relaying it properly and having it last a good few years

They did a proper resurfacing on the road outside my house a few years ago. It took quite a long time, they went pretty deep and result was a really good, smooth job.

A couple of weeks later, the first chunk was dug up and shoddily-patched, as someone put in some cable or whatever. In the following months, many more cowboys undid all the good work, bit by bit.

• Sad 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

30 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

They did a proper resurfacing on the road outside my house a few years ago. It took quite a long time, they went pretty deep and result was a really good, smooth job.

A couple of weeks later, the first chunk was dug up and shoddily-patched, as someone put in some cable or whatever. In the following months, many more cowboys undid all the good work, bit by bit.

Near Ipswich train station, they completely redid the roads outside. A really busy road and it was closed for >2 months. It would have been one month but the council refused to give permission for them to do the gas pipes and water pipes at the same time. They literally dug it up, redid it all then closed it just to dig it up again to replace the water mains. And that was planned. 

I remember Ken Livingstone bringing in in London that rule that if you open the road at all then everything else that needs to get done happens at once. Does that still work?

57 minutes ago, ckn said:

I remember Ken Livingstone bringing in in London that rule that if you open the road at all then everything else that needs to get done happens at once. Does that still work?

Sounds like a heart operation.