Euro XIIIs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

I thought I read recently that Wales RL would not sanction any of their teams entering as they were full members of RLEF

What basis do Wales RL have to stop them, really, it’s 4 games max and let’s face it it’s not like there’s a high quality Welsh domestic competition. They should be pleased that one of  their teams wants to do this and gain exposure for the game there. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

What basis do Wales RL have to stop them, really, it’s 4 games max and let’s face it it’s not like there’s a high quality Welsh domestic competition. They should be pleased that one of  their teams wants to do this and gain exposure for the game there. 

Maybe you should wait and see how it pans out first? ?

We really don't need egos and politics holding the game back in Europe.

The RLEF will be essential for referees and continent wide sanctioning, clearly though the EUROXIII guys have some sort of finance and determination to get things moving. I don't find it difficult to believe that the RLEF could get progress bogged down in meetings and factional interests, but also think they still have to be the top arbiter for the game in Europe. 

The two organisations have to work together. A frustration with the IRL brought about the madness of World Rugby League and has set us back nearly a decade with SportAccord. Bypassing the RLEF (and it seems certain National Governing Bodies) doesn't strike me as a hugely positive step. 

The strategy, aims and point of this competition remains unclear, which to me doesn't bode well for its success.

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

We really don't need egos and politics holding the game back in Europe.

The RLEF will be essential for referees and continent wide sanctioning, clearly though the EUROXIII guys have some sort of finance and determination to get things moving. I don't find it difficult to believe that the RLEF could get progress bogged down in meetings and factional interests, but also think they still have to be the top arbiter for the game in Europe. 

The two organisations have to work together. A frustration with the IRL brought about the madness of World Rugby League and has set us back nearly a decade with SportAccord. Bypassing the RLEF (and it seems certain National Governing Bodies) doesn't strike me as a hugely positive step. 

The strategy, aims and point of this competition remains unclear, which to me doesn't bode well for its success.

Happy to wait and see what the RFL and RFEL say about all of this.... they have  some long term and embedded people in these projects

5 minutes ago, del capo said:

Happy to wait and see what the RFL and RFEL say about all of this.... they have  some long term and embedded people in these projects

Me too. 

I am wary of lack of strategic thinking and planning here - certainly for the announced team in England.

11 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Me too. 

I am wary of lack of strategic thinking and planning here - certainly for the announced team in England.

What have the RLEF got planned though, people who are frustrated by their lack of action are doing something themselves - good on them. 

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What have the RLEF got planned though, people who are frustrated by their lack of action are doing something themselves - good on them. 

I agree, like I said in my main post, that it wouldn't be surprising to see the RLEF tied down in bureaucracy and politics. 

That said we're still confused as to the purpose, aims and strategy of this competition - which, as with anything and any project in life, doesn't fill me with much hope.

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

So it's become  a fight ?

Really don't think we need this at this stage of the game ,,

Pages ago asked if this was  a power struggle / grab for control  for the Euro club game ?

Massive lack of reaction. at your end   ..…..

47 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not quite true. 

How can a guy who has only been on the scene a sort time.. any one hear of him before.. be frustrated. 

He ain't been around long enough to know what frustrated in RL terms even means. ?

16 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

It's the owner of Valencia Huricanes 

What are they though? Are they the best Spanish club? Are they an amalgamation of the clubs in the traditionally strong Valencia area? Are they effectively a national rep side? Are they just a random spanish club with an ambitious owner?

This are legitimate questions over one of the leading clubs and administrators of this competition. It highlights the lack of clarity around the strategy and purpose of this competition that could be its undoing.

3 hours ago, del capo said:

So it's become  a fight ?

Really don't think we need this at this stage of the game ,,

Pages ago asked if this was  a power struggle / grab for control  for the Euro club game ?

Massive lack of reaction. at your end   ..…..

It doesn't have to become a fight.

Its not a power struggle, its just a determination to get on with it. 

If this thing has legs, then the RLEF should give it every encouragement and support. 

If it can't support it, (why not?) well get the hell out of the way.

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

What are they though? Are they the best Spanish club? Are they an amalgamation of the clubs in the traditionally strong Valencia area? Are they effectively a national rep side? Are they just a random spanish club with an ambitious owner?

This are legitimate questions over one of the leading clubs and administrators of this competition. It highlights the lack of clarity around the strategy and purpose of this competition that could be its undoing.

I agree, all legitimate questions 

3 hours ago, yanto said:

Not quite true. 

How can a guy who has only been on the scene a sort time.. any one hear of him before.. be frustrated. 

He ain't been around long enough to know what frustrated in RL terms even means. ?

Why are people having to hang around to get frustrated by dealing with RL? That is the very antithesis of development. If the ''powers that be'' are frustrating fledgling developers they should get out of the way. Help them, give them the advice they deserve, support these innovative moves and quick! Or at least leave them alone. How dare they threaten them with sanctions?  

Archived