Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Sun 31 May: NRL: Penrith Panthers v Newcastle Knights (Sky TV 7.05am)

Who will win?  

5 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Penrith Panthers
    • Newcastle Knights

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/20 at 06:05

The Knights in this one.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Got to go with the Knights who have turned a corner here over the Penny Panthers shorn of Nathan Cleary.

I am struggling about Nathan being banned because if five fit young ladies turned up at my house for a time-limited visit I would not have objected although I might have clocked that a Tik Tok video would be on the net soon.  The clock is running out on Nathan's time-out but does not expire for this game-  Can the Panthers keep things ticking over in his absence.

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

Knights Mitchell Pearce and Connor Watson off injured, early in the first half. 

Penrith 14:6 Newcastle at HT.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Phew .. Wotta Game... Great props to Newcastle who will get a lot of positives from this game, Losing Mitchell Pearce after 5 minutes and then going 14-zip down you would have thought a landslide for Penrith. Nothing ilke it, OK Newcastle are not going to be premiers this year but they are buildng a club up there in Novocastria. More energy in one half from the youngsters  than Cronulla showed all game yesterday.

The Penny Panthers a point dropped - with four missed drop goals there chances truly "went for a Burton".  Truly they missed the boot of Nathan Cleary .. Tik-Tok

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

Cracking game . The NRL is great but to me this new reincarnation has taken it to a higher level ... the speed , the flow of the game , the lack of ref intrusion , the prominence of playmakers and speed men etc etc . It’s just brilliant and if they go back to how it was they’re total idiots 

• Like 1

I've just watched the match. Unbelievable, game of the round for me. Don't you just love this game. 

Another game I had low expectations for and with their best creative players out early few would have blamed the Knights if they had crumbled and lost by 30. Great nerve and spirit.

Calling it early and saying Bradman Best will live up to his superstar name and be the next great strike centre.