2021 squad

phildog

14 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

KH never broke the line once for Fax. Granted he draws the defence in and has good hands but for someone his size he should do so much more. No loss at all for me.

In all honesty, in the time we had him, I can only remember him breaking the line a couple of times, but those seemed to be more by accident than design.🙄

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take is in lunt and dickinson ( both ex superleague) we have got rid of our top two earners , but in my opinion , not our best 2 in there positions , I would put leaky above lunt,  and wardy above dickinson , we know championship clubs are losing at least £25,000 from central funding , so let's see what squad looks like when we start friendlies 

IMG_0583.JPG

For right or wrong the club seems to have a policy of announcing signings after the end of the season. (l know it could be argued it already has.) We also never announce players leaving, but leave that to the receiving club. 

I can only remember a re-signing being announced early once. 

I know its wrong though why findout from other clubs who left. Sometimes it feels like we don't need to know . Then when it comes to filling the empty coffers then we are told how much were needed and how important we are to supporting the club. All I.ask for is some sort of clarity of signing and relased players . 

1 hour ago, toffeedog said:

I know its wrong though why findout from other clubs who left. Sometimes it feels like we don't need to know . Then when it comes to filling the empty coffers then we are told how much were needed and how important we are to supporting the club. All I.ask for is some sort of clarity of signing and relased players . 

Personally I don't think it is wrong, it's just the policy we have always used. I suppose there are many reasons why a player might not want to publicise that he has left a club.

And how would you like the club to publicise that they have signed new players during the season? And what do you mean by clarity of signings?

AS in why do we wait to announce signings and not tell us  who leaving the club . its very outdated when we only findout after other clubs announce .its time to move on from the way we do things and try following how other clubs who generate intrest in there new season by telling fans who leaving and annouce signings when the deals are done.  Featherstone put harrison in there shirt before season ended while he was still on batley payroll ar the time 

Because OUR board should be telling us, not the board if the club who say they've signed Fred or George. It's called communication, keeping your own fans in the loop, we face this conversation every year, living off rumours.

10 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Thanks for the info both. I feared the worst, when I saw the cuts.

As previously stated in the thread, Hirst is a bit of a subtle one. You see the size of him and you would expect him to batter his way through defenses like Fui Fui Moimoi in his pomp, but he doesn't. He sucks defenders in and plays the ball freakishly quickly for a guy of his size creating gaps the defence, he's also a very good pack leader. I sincerely hope the rumours turn out to be true. He will be a good replacement for the injury prone Dickinson who has gone to Sheffield.

I'm also hoping we can pick a few promising Sl academy lads up with blistering pace since they have decided to scrap the league for now, there should be a few available.

Yeah Im a Hirst fan, never gets dominated in the tackle, hits his front like just about every time, and plays the ball quick which makes him a good hookers dream forward. Defence wise although not the most mobile he does not seem to be targeted by the attack in the same way a few of our other forwards were.

47 minutes ago, phildog said:

Because OUR board should be telling us, not the board if the club who say they've signed Fred or George. It's called communication, keeping your own fans in the loop, we face this conversation every year, living off rumours.

Once I hear a player has gone, I don't particularly worry about who has told me, and yes we do  have this thread every year I agree.

31 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah Im a Hirst fan, never gets dominated in the tackle, hits his front like just about every time, and plays the ball quick which makes him a good hookers dream forward. Defence wise although not the most mobile he does not seem to be targeted by the attack in the same way a few of our other forwards were.

Exactly. While we all like to see a rampaing forward crashing through the line, for some that's just not thir game.

The word your looking for is mushrooms kept in the dark and hope to grow . Ie no communicati to the fans about  the club postion in releasing or resigning player till they decide to tell you. Yet please support the halftime draw its important but u don't need to know anything else. Were in the 21 st century in a digital world yet we act like its not with the communication of the the squad we will have next season. Guess keep eye out for announcements from other clubs only way to findout wouldnt you agree.

12 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

The word your looking for is mushrooms kept in the dark and hope to grow . Ie no communicati to the fans about  the club postion in releasing or resigning player till they decide to tell you. Yet please support the halftime draw its important but u don't need to know anything else. Were in the 21 st century in a digital world yet we act like its not with the communication of the the squad we will have next season. Guess keep eye out for announcements from other clubs only way to findout wouldnt you agree.

Who me?

i'm sure of one of Kevins updates the other week, he said no signings or players released will be announced until November but negotiations were ongoing with players from current squad and incoming players and was progressing nicely , i think november was mentioned as the championship cup competition wouldn't be over till then

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

No distant dog and I ment no disrespect to you either sorry if it seemed that way . Just frustrated with how things are done at our club . We don't announce anything we only findout out from other clubs who leaving dont see why we can't share this information before other clubs announce it for us . Its just to keep us fans from venting frustration about it all .

51 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

looks like yates is back at rochdale as his new profile pic on twitter is him scoring a try with a rochdale shirt on, make of that what you want

Yeah I noticed that... could mean we are in for a new halfback?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I DO hope there's some quality lined up, or else. Feel really sorry for Joe, never had a good crack. Our collective hopes need a proper lift with a sprinkle of ambition thrown in or else we look to be playing to stay out of the bottom 2 AGAIN.

4 minutes ago, phildog said:

I DO hope there's some quality lined up, or else. Feel really sorry for Joe, never had a good crack. Our collective hopes need a proper lift with a sprinkle of ambition thrown in or else we look to be playing to stay out of the bottom 2 AGAIN.

Sounds like a threat Phil!!

I liked Taira but he had enough chances to really make an impact, and didn't make enough of one and we are a bit top heavy with props so something had to give.

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Yeah I noticed that... could mean we are in for a new halfback?

Sammut?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived