Points averages in!

10 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I thought we’d get to this stage eventually, I’m glad it’s been decided early enough but I do wonder if later in the year some teams will be more reluctant to playing games. 

The fewer games Leeds play, the better they look!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Although, as pointed out earlier, (even though positions would be unchanged) that table doesn't actually accurately reflect the newly published 'rules' in that it still has Pts Diff rather than Pts Scored %....

I understood that points diff separates two clubs with the same win percentage. Is that not so?

18 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I understood that points diff separates two clubs with the same win percentage. Is that not so?

Operational Rule B2:7 shall be further amended so that, where Clubs have an equal Win Points Percentage their relative positions shall be determined by Points Scored Percentage. 

And then

If the positions are still equal, positions will be determined by the toss of a coin which shall be carried out at such time and place as the RFL shall direct and those Clubs concerned shall be entitled to witness the toss.

7 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Its bad enough that they're using this fudged system to decide the Top 4, at least the overall winners will be decided on the pitch. I seriously hope they're scrapping the LLS and prize money.

Imagine if say Saints or Wigan play 20 games and they win 17 - Giving them a league points total of 34 and a win ratio of 85%

Then say Catalans only manage to play 15 games and they win 13 - Giving them a league points total of only 26, but a win ratio of 86.6% meaning they finish top.

It would be absolutely farcical to award a trophy and a £100K cheque to a team who won 4 games less than the teams immediately below them.

True enough.  The honest thing would be to not recognise official records for this season. And, possibly in hindsight, the post Covid season should have been reset with say just 16 fixtures...

In any event the purpose of it  all is to just receive SKY money and everyone just go tthrough the motions of pretending to subscribers that they are watching competitive sport.

And we are a long way from watching paying spectators.     And really the SL/RFL should cut next season to 22/23 now!

18 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Operational Rule B2:7 shall be further amended so that, where Clubs have an equal Win Points Percentage their relative positions shall be determined by Points Scored Percentage. 

And then

If the positions are still equal, positions will be determined by the toss of a coin which shall be carried out at such time and place as the RFL shall direct and those Clubs concerned shall be entitled to witness the toss.

Makes sense. Ta.

12 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

True enough.  The honest thing would be to not recognise official records for this season. And, possibly in hindsight, the post Covid season should have been reset with say just 16 fixtures...

In any event the purpose of it  all is to just receive SKY money and everyone just go tthrough the motions of pretending to subscribers that they are watching competitive sport.

And we are a long way from watching paying spectators.     And really the SL/RFL should cut next season to 22/23 now!

I hardly think clubs / players are going through the motions.  Have you been watching the games?

I think everyone is to be commended for their efforts, and for the show they continue to put on for the fans, in incredibly difficult and unprecedented circumstances.  Whoever comes out on top will have done so in arguably the most trying circumstances in living memory, and will have earned the title of Champions.

For more information on the Rugby League Record Keepers' Club please visit our official website at www.rugbyleaguerecords.com

25 minutes ago, Neil_Ormston said:

I hardly think clubs / players are going through the motions.  Have you been watching the games?

I think everyone is to be commended for their efforts, and for the show they continue to put on for the fans, in incredibly difficult and unprecedented circumstances.  Whoever comes out on top will have done so in arguably the most trying circumstances in living memory, and will have earned the title of Champions.

I'm not sure.  Players may well be doing their best, but the way training etc is being made difficult and is not satisfactory.  Frankly there have been a number of flat performances and some blow out results

Maybe there have been some other reasons. 

18 hours ago, cookey said:

Heated debate currently taking place on the BBC rugby league comments section. The usual trolls in opposition.

17 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Some of those people are really sad and not very bright clearly

As I have said before I don't do Facebook or Twitter so I am not privvy to the discussions, but considering they are debating they must have opposing views of the subject one of which must in all probability agree with your own, which portion of the trolls or the sad one's is talking sense then?

C'mon guy's very much before your time there was a women called Mary Whitehouse who would scan the not too many TV channels we had so she could highlight, criticise and point out anything SHE didn't like or agree with, the moral of this is why did she keep returning?

17 hours ago, gingerjon said:

You just did. It's right there. You saying it.

Yes, it is open to manipulation but the alternative is a league where some teams are trying to play X number of games in X-1 number of days. This is a pretty reasonable response.

It's also how dirty cheats Leigh manipulated their way to the title in, I think, 1906.

So that's how all this hatred started, and there's me thinking it was Gubby, Sweaty, SL and me you all did not like, well that's a relief then!

31 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As I have said before I don't do Facebook or Twitter so I am not privvy to the discussions, but considering they are debating they must have opposing views of the subject one of which must in all probability agree with your own, which portion of the trolls or the sad one's is talking sense then?

C'mon guy's very much before your time there was a women called Mary Whitehouse who would scan the not too many TV channels we had so she could highlight, criticise and point out anything SHE didn't like or agree with, the moral of this is why did she keep returning?

No Harry half of them were union trolls and the other half complained about things in a way that clearly demonstrated they didn't read tge article. Nothing to do with me agreeing with them or not.

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

No Harry half of them were union trolls and the other half complained about things in a way that clearly demonstrated they didn't read tge article. Nothing to do with me agreeing with them or not.

Yeah some of those comments just make you cringe. I had a quick scan through it last night and there was so many people whom it was obvious hadn't read the article, one person even saying, to paraphrase, "so is this the final table then? Are no more games being played?" That has literally not been stated anywhere at all. Hardly any of them seem to understand the minimum 15 games, so many people just saying teams should just cancel the rest of their games to keep their current percentage. Some people there seemingly not even understanding the wider issues in RL in general with them clearly not understanding that we have to play the rest of the season to satisfy the sky contract, most people just saying the season should be binned and then on top of all that tripe there is the union trolls just saying RL is a joke sport but never providing any evidence to back up their claims. 

9 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yeah some of those comments just make you cringe. I had a quick scan through it last night and there was so many people whom it was obvious hadn't read the article, one person even saying, to paraphrase, "so is this the final table then? Are no more games being played?" That has literally not been stated anywhere at all. Hardly any of them seem to understand the minimum 15 games, so many people just saying teams should just cancel the rest of their games to keep their current percentage. Some people there seemingly not even understanding the wider issues in RL in general with them clearly not understanding that we have to play the rest of the season to satisfy the sky contract, most people just saying the season should be binned and then on top of all that tripe there is the union trolls just saying RL is a joke sport but never providing any evidence to back up their claims. 

Quite! @Harry Stottle see I'm not making it up!

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

9 round UK clubs only , all games televised , 45 games would have given SKY the contracted numbers , but nobody listened 😂

We will likely play more than 9 rounds, why do you want to cut it short? 

This way we just get in as many games as we can. I'm enjoying having Rugby to watch. 

Just now, Dave T said:

We will likely play more than 9 rounds, why do you want to cut it short? 

This way we just get in as many games as we can. I'm enjoying having Rugby to watch. 

I don't want it cut short now , it's too late , given the situation , it would have provided a very high intensity contest 

I'd have written off the pre lockdown games and re set , it would have given time to have the Challenge Cup , I'd have even had a 9s comp just before the re start to give the opportunity for all the players to get ' game time ' 

It was never viable to try to get a full home and away schedule in , Toronto was never going to happen , that should have mothballed from he start , even Catalan was a potential problem 

All IMO

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

I don't want it cut short now , it's too late , given the situation , it would have provided a very high intensity contest 

I'd have written off the pre lockdown games and re set , it would have given time to have the Challenge Cup , I'd have even had a 9s comp just before the re start to give the opportunity for all the players to get ' game time ' 

It was never viable to try to get a full home and away schedule in , Toronto was never going to happen , that should have mothballed from he start , even Catalan was a potential problem 

All IMO

I agree its a challenge to get all 22 games in, but this solution was always in the background. To keep the comp as close to its original format is important imo. Aiming for home and away but having a contingency plan seems perfectly sensible. If course it could all go belly up yet and we could get whole rounds canned, but as things stand we are getting plenty of RL and probably more than your suggestion by the end of year. 

31 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yep probably was - would be sensible planning to me to have this backup

in that case there is not a chance this was the back up plan all along.. this is the RFL.. :kolobok_ph34r:

Archived