• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good set of results today

Limoux 26-28 Carcassonne 

Avignon 14-20 St Esteve

Toulouse Elite 16-24 Albi 

Villeneuve/Lot 30-26 St Gaudens

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

4 hours ago, BJW said:

Or offering suggestions on how it could be improved and attract/keep viewers ! If you were watching a programme on, say, BBC or SKY and were unhappy with an element would you keep quiet ? I like the coverage but believe it could be improved at zero extra cost. May be the cameraman had little experience of covering our sport and as he/she covers more will learn the nuances.

I think there's a massive difference between what I said and what you refer to here. It is very clear which posters are which and what kind of poster are in the majority.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

21 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I think there's a massive difference between what I said and what you refer to here. It is very clear which posters are which and what kind of poster are in the majority.

Kindly highlight for me in this thread who is "being picky, dismissive and miserable" ? I await your suggestions as to how the coverage could be improved ?

Having videoed matches for over 35 years (with club coaches not slow to criticise/suggest options/try for themselves) I do have a little experience on the matter and yes, still get it wrong occasionally.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Some cracking games today!  I hope they spread them out a bit next time as I'd like to watch them all!

I was watching St Gaudens, who I thought played surprisingly well and I thought they had two very harsh sin-binnings, pretty much one after the other, so it was 13 vs 11 at one stage, yet they kept on attacking as best they could.

19 minutes ago, BJW said:

Kindly highlight for me in this thread who is "being picky, dismissive and miserable" ? I await your suggestions as to how the coverage could be improved ?

Having videoed matches for over 35 years (with club coaches not slow to criticise/suggest options/try for themselves) I do have a little experience on the matter and yes, still get it wrong occasionally.

As I was quite happy with the coverage I'm not sure why you think I want to improve it.

I'm not saying it can't be improved but it's free and that more than makes up for any problems.

And to be honest I'm not sure why you've taken a very general response in such a personal way.

2 minutes ago, Oxford said:

As I was quite happy with the coverage I'm not sure why you think I want to improve it.

I'm not saying it can't be improved but it's free and that more than makes up for any problems.

And to be honest I'm not sure why you've taken a very general response in such a personal way.

Generally I was quite happy with the coverage but to miss so many pieces of vital action is a matter in need of addressing (unless you are happy missing tries being scored ?) If I was paying a company £1000 per match then I would expect them to listen to any issues I had and respond. All matches from League 1 up have to be filmed and sent to RFL, had I missed what was missed in that match I'd be getting either a phone call or email from RFL asking why ?

As I seemed to be the only one in this thread with criticism of the production values then I believed you were referring to me but accept it was general response and I may have taken umbrage unnecessarily.

1 hour ago, BJW said:

As I seemed to be the only one in this thread with criticism of the production values then I believed you were referring to me but accept it was general response and I may have taken umbrage unnecessarily.

I don't think you're the only one finding fault at all. And being passionate about stuff makes us all 'ave the 'ump now and again.

8 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

The Federation should develop their own app like OurLeague and charge subscription. I would pay. 

Or even better rfl and french pool their resources and offer one Anglo french product that covers everything below super league. I suspect there is a lot of crossover of interest in both countries. If the app gave you championship, league 1, ncl, french and a few rep games - that's a product!

13 hours ago, BJW said:

Generally I was quite happy with the coverage but to miss so many pieces of vital action is a matter in need of addressing (unless you are happy missing tries being scored ?) If I was paying a company £1000 per match then I would expect them to listen to any issues I had and respond. All matches from League 1 up have to be filmed and sent to RFL, had I missed what was missed in that match I'd be getting either a phone call or email from RFL asking why ?

I agree with you that the problem needs to be fixed,
this problem comes from the management of the flow of the 2 cameras and the passage from one to the other. For information, the federation only receives the wide shot. 1000 £ for 2 cameramen plus a person at the control room and above all quality equipment so as not to lose the signal, the price is really correct.

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

6 hours ago, fcl said:

I agree with you that the problem needs to be fixed,
this problem comes from the management of the flow of the 2 cameras and the passage from one to the other. For information, the federation only receives the wide shot. 1000 £ for 2 cameramen plus a person at the control room and above all quality equipment so as not to lose the signal, the price is really correct.

As the customer, if you are happy with the price then I won't argue.

None of the problems with the coverage are hard to fix and I enjoyed the game and look forward to seeing more in future. Can I ask if the company had ever covered games previously ? One suggestion would be a little more separation between the 2 cameras to give different view but with same effect ? (One camera on each 10 metre line perhaps ?)

Off topic but any idea who the person I see in Staines on Thames town centre in a FCL jacket is ? Doubtless he wonders who the person in the SOA kit is ! See if I can find my FCL centenary shirt and really confuse him !

Taxes and national insurance are alot higher in France so alot of services are expensive. What ever you pay an employee you pay almost the same in contributions to the government. If you pay someone 1500 euros a month as an employer you pay around 2500 in total for your employee. 

The company have been doing  games for carcassonne for a couple of seasons. 

3 hours ago, barnyia said:

Taxes and national insurance are alot higher in France so alot of services are expensive. What ever you pay an employee you pay almost the same in contributions to the government. If you pay someone 1500 euros a month as an employer you pay around 2500 in total for your employee. 

The company have been doing  games for carcassonne for a couple of seasons. 

Things are expensive in France thats for sure since the introduction of the euro prices have gone though the roof.

Back on subject it would be interesting to know what the FFR13 were paying for the recently cut TV coverage anything over 5000 euros a match and its not worth it better to spend that money on a You Tube channel (For 1500 euros a match one can have excellent TV coverage) regardless having all these matches every week on-line has been a breath of fresh air and certainly given myself a second wind in helping.

Cant wait to get started Barnyia.

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Things are expensive in France thats for sure since the introduction of the euro prices have gone though the roof.

Back on subject it would be interesting to know what the FFR13 were paying for the recently cut TV coverage anything over 5000 euros a match and its not worth it better to spend that money on a You Tube channel (For 1500 euros a match one can have excellent TV coverage) regardless having all these matches every week on-line has been a breath of fresh air and certainly given myself a second wind in helping.

Cant wait to get started Barnyia.

I have to say these matches are great. Also about twenty of us watch every Saturday and this week planning a virtual meet up to watch the Saturday game with a few beers every stream helps !

4 hours ago, fcl said:

Done

Archived