Mid Year International Window

Total shambles only having 1 official international window, makes International RL meaningless, then have a cheek to tout a possible England v Exiles which ain't an international.

Yeah it states other internationals can be arranged at other times but I'm sure our precious SL clubs will buy that idea πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Oxford said:

Β 

it should be a requirement of all contracts that rep footy comes first.

Not really, because then any governing body could put on rep matches all year and the clubs couldn't do anything about it yet still have to pay their players.

That's why we are introducing a rep window.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 hours ago, 2blackrooks said:

Total shambles only having 1 official international window, makes International RL meaningless, then have a cheek to tout a possible England v Exiles which ain't an international.

Yeah it states other internationals can be arranged at other times but I'm sure our precious SL clubs will buy that idea πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This announcement now provides two international Windows for the first time in a long time. See this as a positive pal.Β 

12 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Not really, because then any governing body could put on rep matches all year and the clubs couldn't do anything about it yet still have to pay their players.

That's why we are introducing a rep window.

Well, clubs shouldn't be in charge they're no good at it!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol: Β Non-Political

Β 

Β 

Β 

36 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Well, clubs shouldn't be in charge they're no good at it!

I agree

Short termism of SL clubs is ridiculousΒ 

International games create national interest like no other

Every sport fan I know at work (in the South) uses to watch the 4 nations and more recently the NZ series. They commented on the games and talked about it to me as a fan

SL clubs would eventually gain massively

Β 

22 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I agree

Every sport fan I know at work (in the South) uses to watch the 4 nations and more recently the NZ series. They commented on the games and talked about it to me as a fan

Β 

Likewise here, in the midlands. I’ve had most of my recent RL chat with people with no connection to the game from the following:

Rob Burrow, Kevin Sinfield and you guessed it... international games.

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Been out walking the dog and then shopping , bloody cold so dug out a scarf to wrap the neck with , my 4 nation's one , criminal that it wasn't continued on alternate years outside of WC yearsΒ 

Madness.... I've said a few times that it's the only time I ever saw the chalk boards outside pubs in Luton with RL games on

12 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Been out walking the dog and then shopping , bloody cold so dug out a scarf to wrap the neck with , my 4 nation's one , criminal that it wasn't continued on alternate years outside of WC yearsΒ 

Was a fantastic concept and a great way of taking top class international RL to London, Manchester and Newcastle etc.

Even more criminal when you see the rapid rise of say a Tonga or the continuing development of Fiji or PNG. We truly are short sighted in RL.

14 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Was a fantastic concept and a great way of taking top class international RL to London, Manchester and Newcastle etc.

Even more criminal when you see the rapid rise of say a Tonga or the continuing development of Fiji or PNG. We truly are short sighted in RL.

It worked well as in the alternate years you could run a comp for the 4th participantΒ 

4 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Yep. Australia, NZ and England automatically qualify while Tonga,Samoa, PNG and Fiji battle it out for the 4th spot.Β 
Β 

what’s not to like.

And France,Wales,Scotland,Ireland do the same over hereΒ 

It was a ready made structureΒ 

So what do they do ? πŸ™

24 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

And France,Wales,Scotland,Ireland do the same over hereΒ 

It was a ready made structureΒ 

So what do they do ? πŸ™

All we need are 6 weeks a year.

Mid-Season (3 weeks in June) for a European, Pacific, Americas, MEA cup.

Post-Season (3 weeks in November) for a Federation Cup*, Shield** and Bowl*** with promotion and relegation from eachΒ 
Β 

*Semi-Finalists from Previous WC

**Quarter-Finalists

***3rd in Group Stage

15 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I agree

Β 

It is part of the vision tragedy especially when fans openly post NRL & SL clubs will react badly to their players being selected.

Β 

Β 

Β 

14 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Fair play to you mate but not for me. I’d rather watch a proper Union international than that tripe.

Some great attendances for Barbarian matches - I've watched some great games in it too

I'm with you in that I'd have a Wales and France game nailed on of every year... Doesn't matter if we win every game.... Might even get a surprise..... Remember Scotland drew with NZ not so long ago.... Or should I say Danny Brough did

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

It needs to be a balance of both that works for all. There's too much one or the other in rugby league, not compromise.

That sounds very liberal but being incompetent and untrustworthy may not be worth compromising with.

Β 

Β 

Β 

13 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Fair play to you mate but not for me. I’d rather watch a proper Union international than that tripe.

Surely it's better than nothing? If lets say they start to play the exiles or another made up teamΒ every year in this international window for a while, then eventually France can take that spot after they improve with Toulouse hopefully getting promoted at some stage?

Archived