Season Delay confirmed

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Here we go, are you of the same mind as Hela that onfield results doesn't affect the individuals that make up the  attendances ?

No, but I also don't think Hela said that, I think you missed the point.

There is no fan-ranking that needs to be done.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

No, but I also don't think Hela said that, I think you missed the point.

There is no fan-ranking that needs to be done.

For me its the way it is phrased as if to say "you dont go week in week out so your opinion doesnt matter" or in this case "you wont be going to the final... "

Some people have other things that they have to do that stop them (family, work, commitments at community clubs, living too far etc), it doesnt make them any less of a fan and may contribute to the game in other ways. It also doesnt make their opinion or interpretation of the facts any less correct.

Especially in this case and during the pandemic when a certain amount of emotion needs to be taken out of the equation,

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

In your eyes be it Hela, funny how attendances raise and lower based on any particular teams 'onfield results' unlike any other theory we as individuals have attendances ARE effected by how well or otherwise a team is doing it not there are hundreds of examples of you care to look.

While what you say is correct, crowds do tend to rise and fall dependent on the teams performance, that doesnt cover the point. What was being said by Anita and by others (i have seen you use it) is that because you go to the game your opinion/interpretation is worth more than those that do not.. depending on the subject (ie what happens on match day, performance of the team [especially if not televised]) that may be correct, on other things, like this, it is tosh.

Back on topic...

Seems Rishi expects things to tier down very slowly, and is expected to extend the Job support til the end of the year.

Possibly an later start and shorter season, without crowds until the second half of the year? Hopefully a fully vaccinated society by autumn means a World Cup, providing the borders reopen in the summer. 

https://apple.news/ApA7h5ll6RaGNnSqHeJxmHg

9 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Back on topic...

Seems Rishi expects things to tier down very slowly, and is expected to extend the Job support til the end of the year.

Possibly an later start and shorter season, without crowds until the second half of the year? Hopefully a fully vaccinated society by autumn means a World Cup, providing the borders reopen in the summer. 

Just renewed my season tickets and wonder if crowds could return for people vaccinated, this is were our ageing fan base could be an advantage. 

46 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Just renewed my season tickets and wonder if crowds could return for people vaccinated, this is were our ageing fan base could be an advantage. 

Well, that’s true. I guess that will depend on whether the vaccine works on reducing transmission as well as preventing infection.

The other problem, which now seems almost a certainty, is the borders issue. Even if the UK reopens, Australia is talking about the end of the year before they get rid of the hotel quarantine. Will any of the Aus / NZ players travel if they know they have to quarantine on their return?

13 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Back on topic...

The World Cup depends entirely upon players being eager and willing to gravel from Australia/NZ etc. Their track record on this isn't great I seem to recall. I can't see it going ahead in 2021.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Garry Schofield seems to have it all sorted out in his column in LE which everyone reads I assume.

Reschedule SL and scrap the Championship and C1 until 2022: no problem.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Hopefully that will be a consideration, just seen on the news were some of the cruise industry are saying no vaccine no point in booking you will not be allowed to sail, very sensible.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Garry Schofield seems to have it all sorted out in his column in LE which everyone reads I assume.

Provocative nonsense from Garry

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not sure it’s ‘no problem’ but it may happen. Unless below SL they can sell themselves to a willing TV channel to generate some sort of income.

15 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Provocative nonsense from Garry

I’ve never agreed with Garry Schofield,  and I’ve not seen his comments. Is he saying reschedule SL over the autumn/winter and delay the World Cup? 

4 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Not sure it’s ‘no problem’ but it may happen. Unless below SL they can sell themselves to a willing TV channel to generate some sort of income.

I’ve never agreed with Garry Schofield,  and I’ve not seen his comments. Is he saying reschedule SL over the autumn/winter and delay the World Cup? 

Garry was angling for a few bites by saying scrap the Championship and League one .He's a trier.

23 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hopefully that will be a consideration, just seen on the news were some of the cruise industry are saying no vaccine no point in booking you will not be allowed to sail, very sensible.

Vaccine or no vaccine, the EU is in the process of banning international tourists until they have completed their own vaccination programs after the summer season. So the cruises will likely be to nowhere and just for the experience. 

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I can't see it going ahead in 2021.

Having been excited to see the pace of the rollout here in the UK, I was hopeful.

However, the politicians here and abroad are clearly hinting nothings going to change much until after the summer in terms of crowds and travel.

I have to agree with to you. It’s looking like next year ☹️

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I don’t think anything will be decided until they find out if the vaccine stops transmission.

Archived